• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPTuners

Started by Japeatr, January 09, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

The solution for fuel that I have tested at E48 (50% E85/50% E10 91 octane) is the dual in tank fuel pump solution I have available with a fuel pressure regulator feeding the stock DI pump and injectors. The car worked great with this solution.
I can source all of the parts for you guys if you wish, right now you'll have to tap into the factory harness to feed the relays and use the factory fuel line as a return line.
I'm waiting for a returnless solution that would bolt in place easily, just waiting for Squash to finish their Uber Fueler. :)
That's 575 on pump gas for  you guys doing the math, easy, peasy.
Solution under $1000 and will easily provide enough fuel to do what you want without meth.
So kudos to LMS but I have a solution already that has been tested in depth on my vehicle with big turbos.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Japeatr

In the platform of the LNF engines, the platform is largely out of fuel immediately upon switching to E85.

Most guys run a larger cam lobe on the HPFP and recently have found some Opel DI injectors that flow about 15% more

On one of our team's cars we added port fueling in addition to a maxed out DI system and have broken the 600whp threshhold

This is full E85 car with PTE6262

F-150

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Japeatr on January 18, 2014, 11:56:12 AM
In the platform of the LNF engines, the platform is largely out of fuel immediately upon switching to E85.

Most guys run a larger cam lobe on the HPFP and recently have found some Opel DI injectors that flow about 15% more

On one of our team's cars we added port fueling in addition to a maxed out DI system and have broken the 600whp threshhold

This is full E85 car with PTE6262

That what I did to get to 600HP on E85 unfortunately the ECU is closed loop during WOT and when it recognizes the additional fuel it pulls fuel via STFT to attempt to hit commanded AFR. Not horrible BUT after awhile LTFT starts compensating for the additional fuel and then you start going lean again. I had a simple controller for the aux injectors that just looked at boost vs RPM and you put in values for the miliseconds of injector DC you wanted. I had purchased a microsquirt and was going to install an additional MAP and 2 WBO2 because that ECU would allow me to do commanded AFR as well and would have hopefully worked better with the stock ECU as it can auto adjust/tune to your fuel requirements, it also does fuel tuning on the fly instead of having to upload a tune with the car off (aux fuel controller). The transmission started going out on me before I could install and test however.
The result of my piggyback in my testing was that you'd be DEAD ON for fuel for 2 -7 days and then all of a sudden it would start hitting lean but, especially at mid rpm wot bursts and then I'd look at the logs and see it pulling more fuel than before, I'd at fuel it would take fuel away. After a few times of that I went back to my original aux injector controller settings and would then just start clearing the stock ECM by removing the negative on the battery for 10 minutes or so. Then it would work great for 2-7 days. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Josephm

Would be so nice if we did not have to hack into the factory harness for the duel in tank solution. Is that possible 4DR?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Josephm on January 18, 2014, 03:00:17 PM
Would be so nice if we did not have to hack into the factory harness for the duel in tank solution. Is that possible 4DR?
Working on it! :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Japeatr

On my LSJ i run a Deatchwerks dw300 in tank to a surge tank then to a bosch 044 in line.

Much better now and no more fuel pick up issues
F-150

Eric@HPTuners

Quote from: Japeatr on January 09, 2014, 04:30:50 PM
I am very familar with HPtuners, as it is what i use to tune the Cobalts and a number of GMs.

The HPTforum i frequent is saying support will be coming soon, but no ETA. going to be stock until it comes out i guess.

Ecoboost is my top priority and we are actively working on it.  It will be released into the beta software shortly.

SwampRat

Quote from: Eric@HPTuners on October 13, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
I am very familar with HPtuners, as it is what i use to tune the Cobalts and a number of GMs.

The HPTforum i frequent is saying support will be coming soon, but no ETA. going to be stock until it comes out i guess.

Ecoboost is my top priority and we are actively working on it.  It will be released into the beta software shortly.

I think this will be a MAJOR step forward ...... subscribed !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

panther427

Thank you for joining our forum and please keep us updated.. Love your software and its great results i have had in other platforms.
2013 SHO

Eric@HPTuners

Quote from: panther427 on October 13, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

Thank you for joining our forum and please keep us updated.. Love your software and its great results i have had in other platforms.

Thanks.  We currently have support for all of the non-ecoboost gas vehicles that Ford currently makes.  We are definitely playing catch up on getting the support for these added, but it is moving along quickly.

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

CroR1

Quote from: Eric@HPTuners on October 13, 2014, 03:19:06 PM

Thanks.  We currently have support for all of the non-ecoboost gas vehicles that Ford currently makes.  We are definitely playing catch up on getting the support for these added, but it is moving along quickly.

Do you have an expected date release for the ecoboost platform? Would this mean that gm cars and the ecoboost would be tuned via one device?

Eric@HPTuners

Quote from: cror1 on October 22, 2014, 07:56:26 AM
Quote from: Eric@HPTuners on October 13, 2014, 03:19:06 PM

Do you have an expected date release for the ecoboost platform? Would this mean that gm cars and the ecoboost would be tuned via one device?

Sorry, the forum notification went to my junk folder.

Once the ability to read/write the Ecoboost PCMs is enabled in the software, we will have people start reading their PCMs and sending the files in to create the definitions for.  As each definition is done, you would be able to tune that vehicle.  It takes a while to get all the various operating systems defined, but the most popular ones get done pretty quickly.

Our hardware works with GM, Ford, and Dodge.  You can tune all of them one our VCM Suite.

J-Will

Looks like SHO should be avail soon.  That means I will be going back to software.

Ecoboost Mustang:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?49621-2015-Mustang-Ecoboost-Now-Supported-in-2-25

Ecoboost F150:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?49612-2011-2014-F-150-Ecoboost-now-supported-in-2-25

I remember when Magnus was a predominant source of info on the Camarov6 forum
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Eric@HPTuners

Quote from: J-Will on December 23, 2014, 02:49:32 PM
Looks like SHO should be avail soon.  That means I will be going back to software.

Ecoboost Mustang:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?49621-2015-Mustang-Ecoboost-Now-Supported-in-2-25

Ecoboost F150:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?49612-2011-2014-F-150-Ecoboost-now-supported-in-2-25

I remember when Magnus was a predominant source of info on the Camarov6 forum

Yes sir.  If you have the hardware already, request the latest beta and take a read of your SHO.  Depending on which year it is will determine what PCM type you choose when reading it.  Email support and they will help you.

I haven't requested anyone read any Taurus SHO's yet, but we can do them.  Just a matter of me adding the definition for each of the various operating systems out there.