• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPTuners

Started by Japeatr, January 09, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japeatr

does it still fuel with dynamic airflow like most, or is it all DAL based map calcs due to the direct inject?

sorry, learning a new platform here. im reading as well but want to gain as much knowledge in the foreground as well
F-150

EcoPowerParts

It's all torque commanded and torque limits with commanded afr

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

Within sct it's difficult, I worked with a tuner locally who figured out the trucks but we couldn't figure out the car quickly. I was under a the crunch so I just utilized torrie as the path of least resistance

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Livernois Motorsports

Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize. We are working on other avenues for this to be able to be achieved without the use of methanol, but those are a long way off unfortunately. I understand the want and the frustration for the delay, but we would rather release XV-1 after its been complete and safe. One thing I am proud to say about our company is we will not just rush a tune out to the public without going over it with a fine tooth comb and test and retest to make sure it gets the most power out of the vehicle, yet still be 100% safe! It will require meth for the Explorer Sport, and the Taurus SHO and related vehicles (Flex, MKS, MKT). As for the F150, it is still in development, but as stated before, is only going to be released when perfect. I know it is frustrating, but please be patient. We just want to get everyone the best tune available, anything less would be a disservice to our customers.

Brandon

Japeatr

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 10, 2014, 11:14:25 AM
It's all torque commanded and torque limits with commanded afr

ok ya very similar to the E67 PCM thats in the LNF cobalts
F-150

EcoPowerParts

I am very glad to see LMS admit that the platform is out if fuel, I've been arguing this point for years now with various members.

www.ecopowerparts.com -

Needmoreboost

Interesting...  Torrie told me all along that you would want to run Meth with 3bar to be safe.  The lower thermostat does not do much.  Due to the delays and all the speculation I'm not surprised of this outcome.  Did LMS ever straighten out the guy with 11k smoking turbo's??
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

Needmoreboost

Maybe, LMS ought to officially make a post about the new "XV1 update" instead of just throwing it into a thread?  I watched lots of mental masterbation about this for 4 months...
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SoCalSHO

Well the
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 10, 2014, 12:58:35 PM
Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize. We are working on other avenues for this to be able to be achieved without the use of methanol, but those are a long way off unfortunately. I understand the want and the frustration for the delay, but we would rather release XV-1 after its been complete and safe. One thing I am proud to say about our company is we will not just rush a tune out to the public without going over it with a fine tooth comb and test and retest to make sure it gets the most power out of the vehicle, yet still be 100% safe! It will require meth for the Explorer Sport, and the Taurus SHO and related vehicles (Flex, MKS, MKT). As for the F150, it is still in development, but as stated before, is only going to be released when perfect. I know it is frustrating, but please be patient. We just want to get everyone the best tune available, anything less would be a disservice to our customers.

Brandon

Thanks for the update. Then that settles it, I am maxed out on my tune, since I will not install meth. Glad I did not pre-order any parts.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Yeah, I'm not gonna do Meth either.  That's okay.  I'm good.  I'll be in the 12's as soon as I can get out there this Spring.  Still might want to do DP's and third cat delete sometime. 

SoCalSHO

I am now done with mods, unless I go with lighter wheels.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

You can do downpipes, intake and exhaust and tune in stock fuel. If you don't want to run meth I have a solution for fuel using stock injectors and di pump.

www.ecopowerparts.com -

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 10, 2014, 03:07:19 PM
I am very glad to see LMS admit that the platform is out if fuel, I've been arguing this point for years now with various members.

We were actually the first to say this 4 years ago, but we are always looking for new ways to improve on our offerings. We are working on other improvements to be able to do Xv1 without methanol, but it will be some ways off before it can be done. But I can assure you, we will be the first ones with a proper fueling solution for these cars.

QuoteInteresting...  Torrie told me all along that you would want to run Meth with 3bar to be safe.  The lower thermostat does not do much.  Due to the delays and all the speculation I'm not surprised of this outcome.  Did LMS ever straighten out the guy with 11k smoking turbo's??

That car in question was picked up and brought to our facility for that, and further upgrades with the car. I definitely do not agree on the thermostat not doing much, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Maybe if you are cooling the car down between rounds it doesn't do anything, but it has a profound impact on heat soak. As for delays, I would gladly delay something to make certain of it than anything else. How many tuners just push an update out after one or two cars and a few dyno pulls? Far too many unfortunately.

SHOdded

LMS has put a lot of effort into the EB platform, no doubt.  BUT, I think 4DR Mike has also done a tremendous amount on his own to advance the platform, including an aux fuel setup.  Got it to the point where the transmission needs to be addressed next.  Just saying.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 11, 2014, 12:06:23 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 10, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

We were actually the first to say this 4 years ago, but we are always looking for new ways to improve on our offerings. We are working on other improvements to be able to do Xv1 without methanol, but it will be some ways off before it can be done. But I can assure you, we will be the first ones with a proper fueling solution for these cars.

QuoteInteresting...  Torrie told me all along that you would want to run Meth with 3bar to be safe.  The lower thermostat does not do much.  Due to the delays and all the speculation I'm not surprised of this outcome.  Did LMS ever straighten out the guy with 11k smoking turbo's??

That car in question was picked up and brought to our facility for that, and further upgrades with the car. I definitely do not agree on the thermostat not doing much, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Maybe if you are cooling the car down between rounds it doesn't do anything, but it has a profound impact on heat soak. As for delays, I would gladly delay something to make certain of it than anything else. How many tuners just push an update out after one or two cars and a few dyno pulls? Far too many unfortunately.

There was a thread a while back about DeatschWerks coming out with larger injectors and a high flow fuel pump for the 3.5EB  .

Here is a link with further info : http://www.stangtv.com/features/sema-coverage/sema-2013-deatschwerks-in-line-fuel-pump-and-gdi-inhjectors/

Has anyone heard of any updated about this ? 

I would rather go this route than have to deal with Methanol .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST