• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GoPro video-XSport with LMS CatBack and Catted Downpipes

Started by bigmoneycloser, April 25, 2014, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Cool vids!  Thanks for posting!

I had the same impression on sound... as well as a bit more authoritative sound when the car is given a bit of throttle.

Did you notice a bit more low end power?   The turbos should be spooling 500-700 rpm's sooner now with your DPs...well below 2000 rpm.

I'll be interested in your dyno results Monday and the position of the spike at the start of the curve.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

I was mesmerized by the turbos' siren song :D  Still pretty quiet when cruising!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

southtxSHO

Sounds nice man !

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

JimiJak

I like it.
Did you leave the stock cat and res in between the axle back and down pipes?

Surprised to hear it be as raspy as it was. Still not as bad as the bare x pipe with stock muffs. Raspy in a much different way.
I'm guessing some of this is due to the recording?
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Jtrain

Sounds like it was cold. I've got some pretty large turbos on my G35 set up, and a TD 3" set up. You get a little bit of rasp when it's cold, once oil is up to temp you really don't hear any of it.

Unless maybe you're a few inches away from the pipes while it's driving :)

Sounds the way a 3.5 TT should.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 25, 2014, 08:43:14 PM
Cool vids!  Thanks for posting!

I had the same impression on sound... as well as a bit more authoritative sound when the car is given a bit of throttle.

Did you notice a bit more low end power?   The turbos should be spooling 500-700 rpm's sooner now with your DPs...well below 2000 rpm.

I'll be interested in your dyno results Monday and the position of the spike at the start of the curve.

You are right on the money BigMac! The power comes on very quickly VERY early! Our shop XSport has the exact same setup and the 1st time I drove it I was floored. And the tone I agree is pretty sick.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: JimiJak on April 26, 2014, 06:06:21 AM
I like it.
Did you leave the stock cat and res in between the axle back and down pipes?

Surprised to hear it be as raspy as it was. Still not as bad as the bare x pipe with stock muffs. Raspy in a much different way.
I'm guessing some of this is due to the recording?

Our Thunderstorm DP and Thunderstorm CB systems actually come equipped with our race cats.