• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO intercooler condensation like the F150

Started by jimmyducati, December 22, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

I have been reading some of the F150 iceboats forums and it seems that my problem (stumbling, hesitation, poor fuel mileage and the occasional missfire) are all pretty similar to the known F150 condensation issue. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the SHO? Ford claims that the intercooler is "to efficient" and causes condensation, but the intercooler is one of the components that is not shared by the car and truck isn't it?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

BiGMaC

Quote from: jimmyducati on December 22, 2014, 10:06:54 PM
I have been reading some of the F150 iceboats forums and it seems that my problem (stumbling, hesitation, poor fuel mileage and the occasional missfire) are all pretty similar to the known F150 condensation issue. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the SHO? Ford claims that the intercooler is "to efficient" and causes condensation, but the intercooler is one of the components that is not shared by the car and truck isn't it?

It's is a known problem.. for the F150... Fixed by a TSB service. 

In the SHO our intercoolers are very inadequate by standards of the F150's (and actually!) and they are not known mohave this problem, although condensation of vaporized oil and fuel (from crankcase blowby) does occur and should be periodically evacuated there are posts/pics/vids here on how to and results.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock