• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Irwindale tomorrow (1-9-13), 1/8 mile....Anyone?

Started by SoCalSHO, January 08, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

Crisis came up as about ready to come out. Will try next week. Or may wait when I am off on a Thursday. May be more gooderer that way.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SoCalSHO

Sounds Good. Here Now. A Littl Crowded. Not Too Bad Though.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

R/T .249, 60 Ft  1.9, 1/8 Mile 8.499, 82.53 MPH. Lost To An 87 Buick Turbo.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

I Pulled On Him From The Light, Then His Turbo Kicked In. After The Race He Came  Up To Me Asking AboutThe Car, And How I PulleD In Him. He SaidHe Did Not Expect It, I Then I Said AWD, He Knew There Was The Reason I TOok Him Off The Line. :)
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

SoCalSHO

Second run vs Lightning(?), or at least lightning looking truck, drag slicks.
RT: Me .240 Vs Him Red light -.108
60'       1.96  Vs 2.929
1/8      8.54   Vs 11.318
MPH    82.25   Vs 64.34

When I could not see him near me near the finish line, I figured it was not a lightning. He hardly spun off the line.
At this point, the 4 lines waiting to race were almost at capacity, I had not seen it that full in the past. So, time to go. Most people have not been on the track since before xmas, so they were anxious. There were 2 new Stingrays out racing, they looked bad ass, but did not see them race or hear their times. One had drag tires on.  The Camaro SS's were running 8.9's. This is with only suspension mods for traction, drag tires (at 35 PSI???). He was spinning but did not want to air down.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Thanks for the report Too bad you couldn't have a video of stomping a camaro.   ;D

BTW, hoping you don't drip any oil tonight!

SoCalSHO

I couldnt check before I left, but I think I smelled some oil when I got home. Will check this weekend.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

I had an appointment before racing, did not have the time to grab my GoPro. Nobody to video from the stands. Maybe next week though. I will review my other videos to see if I have any Vs Camaro. But the view is from the dash, I rarely see any normal cars (Not race cars) in the frame. They are all behind. No cams can be mounted outside the vehicle :(
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

bykr

2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SoCalSHO on January 09, 2014, 09:11:29 PM
I Pulled On Him From The Light, Then His Turbo Kicked In. After The Race He Came  Up To Me Asking AboutThe Car, And How I PulleD In Him. He SaidHe Did Not Expect It, I Then I Said AWD, He Knew There Was The Reason I TOok Him Off The Line. :)

Dont feel bad. Those Grand Nationals  and the Regal T-Type which sounds like you were racing, were the hottest thing on the road in there days. Not a domestic on the road could touch em. Including the Corvette, IROC-Z, and the Mustang 5.0.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2006/12/01/hmn_buyers_guide1.html

http://youtu.be/z2SIYH82MW8
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

DJE624

Back in 1987 I wanted to buy a beautiful Regal T Type Turbo.  When I called my insurance company they told me $4000 a year!  ( I had a lot of tickets and accidents back then.  :o )

SoCalSHO

Yeah,WhIle I Know They Are Bad Azz, This Guy Was Telling Me He Had Not Dragged It In Two Years, And It Was Due For  A Rebuild.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH