• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

VTA BOV

Started by 2Canches, January 08, 2014, 05:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Canches

ONLYA6

Which BOV is that?

I noticed when I purchased the Turbosmart VeePort to use on my SHO they offered one as a direct replacement for F150's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

QwikSHO

bpd1151

As soon as the weather breaks here in Chi-Beria.....

I'll be capturing a short video/audio clip of my stock BOV VTA.

It sounds wicked since I've installed the hard/hot pipes. Very happy!

ONLYA6

My stock valves vented to atmosphere don't make any noise at all!

Steven

bpd1151

Ha! Gee.... I wonder why not? :hmmm:

Silly :rofl2:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

crash712us

Quote from: ONLYA6 on January 08, 2014, 01:23:32 PM

Ok it looks like you've upgraded your hot pipes and have your stock BOV's off the hot pipes. So did you go with the Tial BOV? I don't see it in the picture.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Quote from: crash712us on January 08, 2014, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: ONLYA6 on January 08, 2014, 01:23:32 PM

Ok it looks like you've upgraded your hot pipes and have your stock BOV's off the hot pipes. So did you go with the Tial BOV? I don't see it in the picture.

I'm wondering where the functioning BoV is also....??

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

crash712us

I have a feeling why there is no blow off sound. But I don't want to assume anything to soon.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Quote from: crash712us on January 08, 2014, 04:49:08 PM
I have a feeling why there is no blow off sound. But I don't want to assume anything to soon.

Me2

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ONLYA6

I went with a Turbosmart VeePort Instead. I like their products - high quality and super easy to adjust. Turn the valve all the way to soft initially, let the engine warm up, rev the car a few times, turned it 1 turn for a harder close, went for a drive, backed it off 1/4 turn. Done. No springs or shims to swap combinations. Oh yea, and it isn't obnoxiously loud - just a faint woosh.

Hopefully LMS can trick the computer into thinking the stockers are still thereso I don't have to leave them hooked up to prevent a CEL. If not, I already made an extension harness to put them in the fender well. Just need to depin the factory connector relocate it to the extension and put the new connector on. Then if I ever go back to stock just take the extension off and swap connectors.

Steven

ONLYA6

Steven

EcoPowerParts

Looks good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Which model of VeePort did you use?
I like the idea of the harness extender for the reasons you state and jus reducing clutter in the crowded engine compartment. If it works please post.  TIA

4DR was showing me this when I was by BMR the other day... As I remember it, he has found that unplugging the BoV and sensor toward the front had no effect, but he says as soon as he unplugged the one nearer the firewall he threw a CEL. Maybe he'll chime in and correct me if I'm wrong here.

ONLYA6

Pro - universal

BLUE: TS-0205-1130
BLACK: TS-0205-1131

Steven