• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

12M02 possible issues

Started by anthonylee337, March 09, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonylee337

I'm bringing her in tomorrow to see if this is the reason my sync sucks. The dealership knows about my performance software but  should I be worried about them hooking up to my computer? I realize they're not going into the engine program but I want to be sure because like everyone in here I worry when this happens!
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

Blackhawk

If you worried then I would return to stock, you never know.

Quote from: anthonylee337 on March 09, 2016, 12:34:16 PM
I'm bringing her in tomorrow to see if this is the reason my sync sucks. The dealership knows about my performance software but  should I be worried about them hooking up to my computer? I realize they're not going into the engine program but I want to be sure because like everyone in here I worry when this happens!

ZSHO

Please return your car to stock,you will thank me later.lol  Z       I guess anytime they use IDS Software especially for this certain recall/TSB its always better to be on the safeside and vreturn to stock.  Z           FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
Field Service Action Number: 12M02

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Z is absolutely correct, anytime they are interfacing with IDS you want to be rolling stock.

5-10 minutes up front can save lots of frustration after the fact.

SHOdded

And if everybody read my signature line, they would have that imprinted on their eyeballs!!! LOL!  Darned Tapatalk ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on March 09, 2016, 03:53:42 PM
And if everybody read my signature line, they would have that imprinted on their eyeballs!!! LOL!  Darned Tapatalk ...
-MANU Possibly a Patent in the works,lol   Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It's in the works ;) along with the VR equipment for road racers!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

anthonylee337

Appreciate all the feedback. I have never tuned my car back to stock since I loaded the performance software and I had the service department tap in several times with no issues including the power steering recall which I told them not to do! I could care less about the service department knowing about my tune-that's the first bit of info I usually give. I was running the old sync 3.6 program so I just loaded 3.8 and so far so good I'm really hoping this will fix my issue because the last thing I want to do is return it to stock. It's been 2.5 years since I loaded it so I would definitely need pointers if I have to! Take care fellas!
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

ZSHO

Its quite simple,with the vehicle off remove the 3-bar map sensor on top of the manifold and replace it with the original 2-bar map sensor,after that go inside your vehicle and make sure everything is off such as radio,wipers,a/c,etc,and then press the push button start button twice which will enable ignition mode,after that plug your programmer inside the obd port and follow the promts and make certain you select stock tune,hope this helps any and pics below of exact location of the map sensor exchange,best of luck and may the force be with you.  Z   :)