• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stability Control.....

Started by panther427, January 04, 2014, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jmr061

Normally I don't like commenting on things done with a certain software since I am a licensed IDS holder however I have to comment to keep people from screwing up their vehicles.  You just don't take and rewrite the entire data within a module to gain one function and call it good.  You have just taken away and given options to your vehicle making unintended changes and then will you be like where the heck did that go or I don't have that.  Please narrow down the specific change needed.

I looked into this about 4 years ago but couldn't find anyone that actually wanted to do the wiring for the switch so I am glad someone took the initiative to finally do it.  It also needs to be tested though.  Just because it comes up now doesn't necessarily mean its operative.  It could be further hardware and or software restricted.  This is true with some other options.

Has it been tested and if so how?  It may work as is but it does need to be tested.

I would love to hear that it actually does work. 

Don't take what I have said the wrong way either...I applaud Kevlar_07 for doing this.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

SHOdded

Absolutely right to point this out, thanks, Jason!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

There is a chance it could be compromised corrupted!! Nothing added on is bulletproof.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Chris_Flex

Just ordered the switch gonna try this on my Flex

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

ZSHO

I dont think Ford will pick up the tab if there was any issues to arise especially if you have warranty...
I would think twice before adding this feature similar to having a tune installed IMHO!
I am in NO way discrediting this Mod but simply advising precautionary measures which should always be welcomed.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gray Brick

Keep us posted for the Flex!!!
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Chris_Flex

Confirmed this does work on the flex!

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

nickstewartroc

Quote from: ChrisxEco on January 13, 2019, 01:44:50 PM

Hell yeah! Now that I have my ST put back together I'll be doing this. If you don't mind, would you be able to post what you changed for the asbuilt?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Chris_Flex

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 13, 2019, 08:45:39 PM

Hell yeah! Now that I have my ST put back together I'll be doing this. If you don't mind, would you be able to post what you changed for the asbuilt?
Same as the YouTube video. Once I have more time I'm going to try a couple different PP Sho's asbuilt data because I get a message that my collision warning has been disabled, other then that works just as it should disabling TC and advance trac

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Kevlar_07

Quote from: jmr061 on December 24, 2018, 01:23:28 AM
Normally I don't like commenting on things done with a certain software since I am a licensed IDS holder however I have to comment to keep people from screwing up their vehicles.  You just don't take and rewrite the entire data within a module to gain one function and call it good.  You have just taken away and given options to your vehicle making unintended changes and then will you be like where the heck did that go or I don't have that.  Please narrow down the specific change needed.

I looked into this about 4 years ago but couldn't find anyone that actually wanted to do the wiring for the switch so I am glad someone took the initiative to finally do it.  It also needs to be tested though.  Just because it comes up now doesn't necessarily mean its operative.  It could be further hardware and or software restricted.  This is true with some other options.

Has it been tested and if so how?  It may work as is but it does need to be tested.

I would love to hear that it actually does work. 

Don't take what I have said the wrong way either...I applaud Kevlar_07 for doing this.

I did lots of research and found a performance pack car that had the same options as mine then compared the needed data lines to see what needed to be changed, I have the same functionality as I had before the programming just the added function of the switch being in the center console instead of the IPC. I can confirm that it does in fact function as anticipated allowing the car to slide and drift when disabled and the advance track still kicks in like before with traction/advance track enabled. As with any other modification you do to your vehicle you assume the risk, I have been walking some one through this process with his 13 and for some reason he doesn't have the sport mode option. 

so programing on my car I needed to change  line IPC 720-01-03 and line ABS 760-01-03

Kevlar_07

Quote from: ChrisxEco on January 13, 2019, 09:04:42 PM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 13, 2019, 08:45:39 PM

Same as the YouTube video. Once I have more time I'm going to try a couple different PP Sho's asbuilt data because I get a message that my collision warning has been disabled, other then that works just as it should disabling TC and advance trac

To my knowledge the adaptive cruise and the PP data will not play together because you couldn't get the performance pack car with adaptive cruise I assume they use the same lines of data to store the data needed to run each system if that makes sense. let us know if you get it worked out.

SHOdded

Space was a limiting factor on the decision to not include adaptive cruise with the perf pkg from factory.  Luckily, people figured out how to add perf pkg enhancements to their non-perf pkg vehicles equipped with adaptive cruise.  Adding adaptive cruise would be a heck of an achievement tho.

nickstewartroc

Got the pin run today to the IPC, and messed with the programming a little bit.
Changed the IPC 720-01-03 to that of a PP SHO

Then changed the ABS. I got the same warning of the collision detection as others had, so I tried a couple of modifications to the the ABS 760-01-03 address. The stock on my Flex was 0601, the value for the PP seemed to be 4001. The first 4 allows you to actually use the button to change the modes, as I tried changing it from 0601 to 4601 and the modes became available. However, even with the modes enabled, it still was throwing the traction control on. Next I moved to the 6. If you change it to 0, the modes seem to work as designed, however collision detection is disabled. If I set it at 2 however, I don't get the alert that collision detection is disabled and the modes seem to work as designed.

Just my findings on the matter, and anyone following should understand the risks of modifying this data.
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

P71Nero

On a 2013 Lincoln MKS, I can confirm that editing the data to that of a SHO PP allows you to add a button to disable AdvanceTrac. I just drilled a hole on the steering column shroud and put a button from Amazon through it.

2013 MKS EcoBoost - GH tune, GH intercooler, BC DS coilovers w/ rear linear spring perches, 14k/28k, Steeda Explorer rear sway bar, Steeda Explorer rear trailing arms, Carbotech XP12 Pads front, OEM PP Pads rear, 18x10.5+18 Konig Freeform, AdvanceTrac off button, PP Radiator, PP Trans Cooler, Derale 15870 Remote Trans Cooler, PP Trans Thermostat, PP oil cooler adapter w/ 16row, SPC camber bolts front and rear, Race Louvers RT hood vents