• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stability Control.....

Started by panther427, January 04, 2014, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO MAN

I have a non-PP 2013 SHO and am curious about this as well. Seems silly not to have the button if the wiring is present. My question is would the car's brain recognize the button even if the wiring and plug is present? When I was considering putting heated mirrors in my 2013 Focus ST I did some research and read posts of guys removing the mirrors to find the wiring and plugs present, they installed the new heated mirror glass and plugged everything in only to find the option not "active". Supposedly the dealer could have activated the heated mirror option in the car's brain, but I never heard of anyone successfully doing this. I wonder if the traction control button would be similar in our SHOs? Hope not.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHO MAN on January 06, 2014, 09:56:06 PM
I have a non-PP 2013 SHO and am curious about this as well. Seems silly not to have the button if the wiring is present. My question is would the car's brain recognize the button even if the wiring and plug is present? When I was considering putting heated mirrors in my 2013 Focus ST I did some research and read posts of guys removing the mirrors to find the wiring and plugs present, they installed the new heated mirror glass and plugged everything in only to find the option not "active". Supposedly the dealer could have activated the heated mirror option in the car's brain, but I never heard of anyone successfully doing this. I wonder if the traction control button would be similar in our SHOs? Hope not.

That could also be a matter of the fuse box. Normally you'll notice 2 posts for each fuse when you look down inside where the fuse actually sits, as there are 2 prongs. It might have the wiring complete up to the box which would show one post of the fuse holder, though there would be a break between the power terminal which you'll see by a missing terminal. That is why you might see "empty" spots inside your fuse box as if it were missing a fuse, though usually it's an option not wired up.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

jmr061

I figured this out for the 2013 non pp sho a while back but I couldn't get anyone in my area to try it. Have to asdd the button, add a wire from the button to the instrument cluster and then change as built data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

panther427

What wire do you add to the dash.... The dealer is still only ones who can change build data???

I want to do this.
2013 SHO

bpd1151

Jmr can change the build data.....

He has the power to do so!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jmr061

I'd have to pull the wire diagrams again but yes the wire doesn't exist in non PP SHOs and correct I am my own Ford IDS mechanic lol

Jason
16 Edge Sport

dalum

Its hard for me to imagine they would waste money on having 2 different harness for this.  Are you sure the wire isn't already in the harness?
2013 Non-PP SHO

jmr061

It doesn't exist.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

SwampRat

Quote from: jmr061 on February 22, 2014, 12:10:17 AM
I'd have to pull the wire diagrams again but yes the wire doesn't exist in non PP SHOs and correct I am my own Ford IDS mechanic lol

Not sure what IDS is but are you familiar with PID's ?

If so , help on this Post would be MOST WELCOMED :
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2118.0;topicseen
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

dalum

Quote from: jmr061 on February 22, 2014, 01:20:06 AM
It doesn't exist.

Is there a wire missing from the harness or a totally separate harness?
2013 Non-PP SHO

jmr061

It's missing from the harness. I had someone verify it. They sent me pics. It's not there.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

Funny thing is all it does is provide a ground input to the instrument cluster. Pin 18 seems to ring a bell but I'll verify that in a bit

Jason
16 Edge Sport

dalum

Quote from: jmr061 on February 22, 2014, 01:32:14 AM
Funny thing is all it does is provide a ground input to the instrument cluster. Pin 18 seems to ring a bell but I'll verify that in a bit

That could actually be useful for some hidden tweaks.  If its just grounding you could use that button for practically anything.  Is the button latching or momentary?
2013 Non-PP SHO

jmr061

The button is momentary. It's actually got the circuit board inside. Just missing the "cover"

Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

It's a blue white 22 gauge wire going from pin 6 on the switch panel plug to pin 18 of the instrument panel cluster.
Check for yourself and see if your non PP SHO has it.

Jason
16 Edge Sport