• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stability Control.....

Started by panther427, January 04, 2014, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Please someone figure out a way to disable this crap... Can we just buy the switch and wiring harness.. and plug them into our cars?
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on January 04, 2014, 07:31:07 PM
Please someone figure out a way to disable this crap... Can we just buy the switch and wiring harness.. and plug them into our cars?

Here is how the 2013 Taurus Owners Guide, 3rd Printing, December 2012 USA  says to turn them off. ..or you can just reduce the action of the system by entering sport mode.
The images below are from pages 215, 216, and the last is page 213. 

This may not apply to all SHOs... but this is the manual that comes with a 2013 model. The first two refer to "Advanced Trac"  which is the stability control.  The last refers to the traction control.

Hope this helps. You can left click on the images to enlarge them.

Again, hope this helps my friend. As noted in the manual there are some practical reasons to disable the traction control.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

panther427

I dont have the PP. So all i can do is disable the T/C in the menu on the dash in the 2013 car. I really wanna try plugging the button in and wiring and see if it would turn of ESC.. S/C or what ever they wanna call it Advanced trac is it... So many names for the same thing it just silly. ... Anyways i did look in the owners manual and found that page but as i dont have a PP car there is no button to push in my center consol area.. But thank you for the help... :)
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

So the second option in the list, the one not listed as only for the PP didn't work?... Educate me please.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

panther427

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 04, 2014, 08:43:27 PM
So the second option in the list, the one not listed as only for the PP didn't work?... Educate me please.

I can turn the Traction Control off.. But i cannot get the Advanced Trac..
I have no Advance trac button... :(

Did i miss something in the manual there??

But i did learn that if i drive in reverse its not engaged.. So i shall be driving backwards from now on.
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

I have some high power reverse light s to help you out  ::)  ..... I'll have to do some research.  There are several threads about the "grannies" here.

panther427

Usually most companys try to save money. So i would think one computer for the SHO.. and the difference for Advance trac would just be the addition of the leads and the switch when someone buys the PP pack... Sounds cheaper and easier for an assembly line to me anyways.
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on January 04, 2014, 09:08:02 PM
Usually most companys try to save money. So i would think one computer for the SHO.. and the difference for Advance trac would just be the addition of the leads and the switch when someone buys the PP pack... Sounds cheaper and easier for an assembly line to me anyways.

That's sure possible. but it could just be the factory flash of the control unit (Sync/MFT) and dealers can't change this type of "option related" instruction with a flash... For example, at least in the Ford trucks, the nav can't be activated in a non-nav truck even though the hardware is in... the cost saving was in consistent physical construction in this case.  We went through this with my wife's truck.

dalum

I don't think there is any extra wiring to buy.  I just had that part out on my car and the connector on the back spans the whole width of where the extra button would be.  So just buy the part with the button in it and let us know what happens :)
2013 Non-PP SHO

panther427

Any tricks to gettin the part out
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on January 05, 2014, 11:45:32 AM
Any tricks to gettin the part out

..And dalum, maybe pics from the service manual since you just had all this out? :please:

SRT82ECOBOOST

Call me ignorant, but I have no idea where the Advancetrac button is located.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

panther427

Well on the 2013 and up cars it would but under front flap of the center console just under the stereo/ HVAC controls. Its located in the spot where the Auto Park and rear sunshade buttons are.
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on January 05, 2014, 01:39:21 PM
Well on the 2013 and up cars it would but under front flap of the center console just under the stereo/ HVAC controls. Its located in the spot where the Auto Park and rear sunshade buttons are.

I have an early (9/12) 2013 SHO, non-PP.... The "button" where the "AdvancedTrac" button would be is an immoveable blank.  :icon_cry: 

I'm really interested in whether the wiring is there to just install a button even if it means replacing that pocket portion of the center stack to get the physical button... see the pic below.  I plan to discuss it with the service manager in a couple of week when I go to my dealership for routine service.

panther427

Well here is a pic

Lift up center console and gently pry up on the side trim to gain access to bolts holding. That piece in.
2013 SHO