• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford to offer free SYNC AppLink upgrade to current owners this year

Started by dalum, January 04, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: dalum on January 05, 2014, 06:59:50 AM
Quote from: QwikSHO on January 04, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
Man, I really don't see how anyone could prefer Pandora over Sirius.   Take price out of the equation, the selection is way better.

Simple.  Everything I tried to listen to on Sirius was way over compressed and sounded awful.  Its the same as watching a movie on DirecTV vs blueray.  They both offer so many channels that they have to hike the compression up to fit within their bandwidth and almost ruin it.

As far as selection goes Spotifiy is where its at on the music side.  I'm not sure how iTunes radio compares to that now.  If you're in cell range the only advantage I would give to Sirius would be stuff like talk and news shows.

I don't have a sound system good enough yet to appreciate the differences (still the stock SONY) yet... but I do think the playlists on Sirius are very short.  A lot of repetition on a longer drive.

I will admit I love the custom channels on Pandora and use it via Blutooth in the car often. Truthfully with my old "hearing loss" ears I don't hear a difference.  Haven't tried Spotify yet. I spend a lot of time listening to older music (50's thru 90's) which lacked the engineering/recording dynamic range available in more current music.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

Simple. Pandora ONE has truly commercial free music and much more variety than Sirius and better sound quality.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

dalum

I still just have the stock system. That's how bad Sirius is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non-PP SHO

REDSHOCGO

I sure hope the 2010 sync system will get this for the SHO it would be a great addition to an already great car. But either way ill still be happy  ;D
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

yowen

I usually listen to Pandora, set to high quality (in Pandora's settings). Sirius seems to randomly work from time to time, but I've never been impressed with their selection. I also like that my steering wheel controls will skip and pause songs on Pandora, now if the system would also show me what's playing, that would be awesome.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

kinder

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

BiGMaC

I think they (the '13+) do already... Mine has done a Sync update via my phone automatically on two occasions after I started the SHO.

MFT, is of course, a different system and I can't speak to that.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

goblues38

I don't have a sound system good enough yet to appreciate the differences (still the stock SONY) yet... but I do think the playlists on Sirius are very short.  A lot of repetition on a longer drive.

Spotify is what i use when I want decent sound.  Even with the Sony system, I can hear a huge difference between sirius, HD radio, or MP3.

I pay extra for the spotify high bandwidth stream (320kbs) and it makes a big difference.
2013 SHO w/pp
     -35% tint
     -relay wired to have parking lights on any time car is running
     -SCTx4 (Torrie Tune)
2014 Explorer Sport

TSS

I hear a big difference between Pandora One and Sirius with Pandora One being much better. Anybody who uses Pandora really should upgrade to Pandora One for at least a month to see how much better it is with zero commercials and better sound quality and more available song skips.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.