• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is hanging off my subframe? (pic)

Started by FLOSHO21, December 31, 2013, 02:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilver

Kinda hard to tell from the pic but is there a wire(s) attached to it? Looks lke a coolant temp/IAT sensor...
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

DJE624

AHA QS!  Could that be the temperature sensor for the outside temp display?

Mikesb

2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

bpd1151

I still like the idea of it being the "flux capacitor".....

http://youtu.be/EhU862ONFys

:popcorn:

FracaSHO

Not to get too far off topic, but since we are on the subject of flux capacitors; We are only 1 year away from the year they went into the future in Back to the Future 2 and I still don't have my hover board and Nike's with automatic laces.

And...the Cubs are still Completely Useless By September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Ok, lets go about this in a logical way. Lets rule out things if we can
1) Could it be a flux capacitor?
Since theres no way hooking up a OBDII will be able to detect it. We have to do real life field testing.
On page 1398, section 3a of your owners manual it outlines what you have to do. But since Im such a nice guy Ill just tell you what is says.
"Find a 1/4 mile stretch of straight road in an  urban setting. From a standing start, accelerate to 99 mph. If your car is equipped with the "Sync Flux Capacitor" option, you should see a bright flash and find yourself in another location.
If your car is NOT equipped with the Sync Flux Capacitor option, instead of seeing a bright flash, youll be seeing stars, but still find yourself in another location. It will have a big sign above it that reads: EMERGENCY ROOM".

2) NSA Tracking device:
  Give em a call and ask them if its a tracking device. I understand they're open 24 hours a day ;-)
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

SoCalSHO

Since they are already monitoring, and have not answered, I do not think a phone call is needed.

Honestly, it looks almost like a sway bar end link mounting bushing.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

dalum

2013 Non-PP SHO

FLOSHO21

It's not a sensor. I took it off. Problem solved.
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
H&R springs, K&N panel, NGK-6510, 170 T-stat, Unleashed Tune, 3 bar, 13' MC/booster, Unleashed 3" DPs, W/M
12.74@108.5 3/15
8.07@86.5 best 1/8th 9/15