• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is hanging off my subframe? (pic)

Started by FLOSHO21, December 31, 2013, 02:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOSHO21

I was installing my H&R springs this weekend and while doing an alignment I noticed something hanging down from my subframe.. It does not look like it belongs there, and I have no idea what it is or how it could have gotten in there.  Its loose and I am sure is rattling around..  Anyone else have this?
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
H&R springs, K&N panel, NGK-6510, 170 T-stat, Unleashed Tune, 3 bar, 13' MC/booster, Unleashed 3" DPs, W/M
12.74@108.5 3/15
8.07@86.5 best 1/8th 9/15

DJE624

Is that a rubber washer on there?  It looks like a mount of some sort.  Engine, trans, suspension?

BiGMaC

Quote from: FLSHO21 on December 31, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
I was installing my H&R springs this weekend and while doing an alignment I noticed something hanging down from my subframe.. It does not look like it belongs there, and I have no idea what it is or how it could have gotten in there.  Its loose and I am sure is rattling around..  Anyone else have this? I will have to cut it to remove it.

If it was beneath the bottom engine cover it is a sensor (simple switch) to monitor the cover being in place.  The same thing is present near the front of the car on the left side where the hood closes to monitor that it is closed.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FLOSHO21

I added another picture close up. Its close to the passenger side wheel near the rear of the subframe.
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
H&R springs, K&N panel, NGK-6510, 170 T-stat, Unleashed Tune, 3 bar, 13' MC/booster, Unleashed 3" DPs, W/M
12.74@108.5 3/15

BiGMaC

Thanks for the close-up... No match on the other side?  Looks like the anchor for an anti-sway bar or similar stressed or vibrated component... maybe left over from previous mods?  This is a 2010 SHO, right?.  I don't see anything like that on my '13... just looked.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FLOSHO21

Your guess is as good as mine haha.  I'm the second owner of the car so I don't know the full history. And Yes its a 2010, and there is nothing to match on the other side.  I also agree with some sort of anchoring point.  I looked at an MKS and it did not have it. I originally thought maybe from an under panel, but doesn't look like they come with any.

I was also thinking it could be left over from manufacturing if they use these on a Jig during assembly of the car/frame.  It has the same square hole in the subframe on the other side but no stud.
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
12.74@108.5 3/15

BiGMaC

I have asked TaurusBuilder to look at it.

bpd1151

Nothing like that on my 2010.....

Anywhere.

Hmmm.... that's interesting.

No clue on wth that can be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Lanson

You should ask Waldo over at fordflex.net, he's pretty good at "explain the part I found".
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

crash712us

Nothing I've seen before, definitely doesn't belong there. What is it attach to? Obliviously in hole in sub-frame but for what purpose?

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SoCalSHO

Just an NSA tracking device. Nothing to see. Just move along.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

BiGMaC

Mikesb

2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

DJE624

FracaSHO

Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP