• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

dropped my 2013 SHO off at the dealer for repairs....

Started by 68_GT, December 29, 2013, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

I smelled gas inside and around the outside of the car mainly by the passenger side rear door. Supposed to be a recall on the fuel pump to be replaced.

My bluetooth quit connecting to my phone.

My a/c was all the way cold or all the way hot no temps in between and thre temp would change until you got to LO or HI settings.

I told them I heard clicks from the front wheels occasionally while backing up my driveway which is somewhat up hill.

I asked them to check it all out while it was there for anything else too.

Is there anyting else I should tell them to look for while it's there.

I didn't bother flashing the tune back to stock since no problems were related to the drive train.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

I hope they get it straightened out.  I also hope that there are no ECU updates.  When I go in to get my wheels put on Friday, I will go to stock. 

BiGMaC

WOW!  what a list...  :pat: They will hook the OBD2 up to their machine as standard Ford practice... they should see anything else except wheel alignment type things.  My wife was having weird stuff with the nav and sync in her truck.  The dealer told us there was a new version of sync or an update... anyway, they flashed it last week and no problems since.

I wish you luck, a quick fix, and a rapid return of a fully functional SHO.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

I actaully dropped it off last Thursday night it should be ready this Tuesday.

They showed me a flash drive they said I should have received in the mail to update my SYNC. Figures I never got one.

I don't know about any ECU updates but wouldn't that be irrelevant if I flashed the LMS tune back in anyway after I get the car home ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

DJE624

From what I've heard, it is really bad if they flash your ECU when it's not running stock. 

IHeartGroceries

Is there a recall on the in-tank pump, or is it a service bulletin?

Quite a list you have. A couple seem commonplace, like the wonky AC/HVAC and the clicks, which I presume is either a bad CV or wheel bearing.

How many miles on the odo, OP?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

68_GT

I think it has 18k miles.

Yeah there was a TSB on the fuel pump apparently the seal leaks so they replace it with an updated version.

68_GT

Quote from: DJE624 on December 29, 2013, 11:17:31 PM
From what I've heard, it is really bad if they flash your ECU when it's not running stock.

anymore details on this ????

dealership told me this am they found a leak in my transmission and are replacing some seal that  caused ATF to leak all over the bottom of the car. I hadn't noticed it but I think it was a TSB no ???

68_GT

I called the service guy and told him the car had a tuner in it not to flash my ECU. Got a lecture about voiding my warranty etc... man I never heard there could be a problem with them possibly reflashing something while I have the aftermarkert tune installed. He said it could void my warranty but sine I had no engine lights on or codes it shouldn't be a prolem this time anyway. That sucks but uf they can see the history what difference does it make going back to stock anyway ?

DJE624

I'm sorry but I'm not sure of the details.  I've just heard it said many times to always return to stock when bringing vehicle in because they could update your ECU without even telling you.  It supposedly damages the ECU if they try to update it if you are running a tune other than stock.

I don't think it really matters if you tell them it's been tuned.  If you have any problems with drive line they are going to run diagnosis and find out anyway.   

68_GT

that's kinda what I thougt too but I had never heared about flashing at the dealer screwing anythign up becasue it doesn't have the stock tune in it ! I think I'll get that no flash ECU port cover now !

DJE624

Sorry to put a scare into you.  Maybe I'm paranoid.  I just like to play it safe.  When I go in to my fairly new dealer Friday for my wheels, I'm gonna have a nice heart to heart with my guy.  It's a small country branch of a larger Ford Dealer.  That's what I like about it.  This poor guy has to deal with a lot of elderly people so he's pretty cool with me. 

dmharvey79

I started smelling gas, mostly when the tank is full, AFTER they swapped the fuel pump seal. I had a hell of a laundry list of repairs when I took mine in too (clicking at wheels, rear camera messing up, remote start not working, fuel pump seal recall) but the dealership corrected most of them. Remote start stopped working again, just get a 'clunk' sound from the car when I try to use it.

68_GT

clunk sound ?

did they diagnose the clicking sounds ?

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on December 30, 2013, 04:34:26 PM
that's kinda what I thougt too but I had never heared about flashing at the dealer screwing anythign up becasue it doesn't have the stock tune in it ! I think I'll get that no flash ECU port cover now !

I wish it said "No Flash until YOU speak to the owner"

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock