• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RotM / RotY - Comments & Discussion

Started by DJE624, December 27, 2013, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

A little more on topic.... Although I agree with Lanson on the staple grain thing....

As I looked at the entrants deciding my vote, I was struck that my difficulty was similar to peering into a bag full of perfect diamonds and trying to choose the best one.

Great rides guys!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

I've always thought of ricers  as being 4 banger buzz bombs weather they are foreign or domestic .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Lanson

Whew, I'm getting my ass kicked this voting round! 

You guys must be into the go-fast goodies this time around.

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

JimiJak

That's ok Lanson, as long as you survive Saturdays cut, it could be a whole other ball-game for Stage II ;)

Taparalk'd...expuct typoz
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

steve142857

I hope not only we can get more people to vote, but with the twists of this month, people will have to vote at least a second time... Hopefully, we won't lose too many voters for the second round!
Interesting and nice rides indeed! For all tastes ; )
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Lanson

I'd probably have more votes if more of you guys came over here to demo my car with your favorite music.

Hearing is believing.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SHOdded

Quote from: Lanson on June 22, 2014, 01:00:00 PM
I'd probably have more votes if more of you guys came over here to demo my car with your favorite music.

Hearing is believing.
That's an invitation that's hard to resist, Lanson!  Hope you have space to host the party ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

steve142857

Or come in my car and enjoy the music of the engine while doing the 1/4 mile in 12.0! Just teasing ;) I'm pretty sure you can get your Flex moving 0-60 in less than 5 seconds just by cranking up the subs!
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Lanson

I'm working on snagging a Fox Capri to satisfy performance cravings on my end.

Just love quirky boxy cars (Flex), ya know?

BTW my subs wouldn't impress you in most cases other than their detail.  No, the best part of my system is the total immersion, an immersion of an imaginary sound stage with correct 3D depth, like a really nice set of home audio speakers in a nicely set room with your eyes closed and you're able to pick out where the instrument is in the room, and how big the room is, etc.  A faithful reproduction of the original source recording.

My door midbass might impress you.  Those bad boys are big and powerful, and the level up-front bass I get often surprises people (including myself often.)  To fit a 8 3/4" midbass in the space of a 5x7, was quite the task and I'll remember it well for a while.

The front stage with pillar 2-ways and center 2-way, being 100% custom made, are all meant to get the very best sound stage reproduction I can, when paired with a processor and enough amplification.  I didn't like any commercially available crossovers, so I hand-built my own for all the speakers, using high quality home theater components. 

Basically what I'm saying is, it isn't something that's just a few add-ons to the stock setup, nor anything that can be bought in stores.  This baby is all about changing people's opinion (including mine) of what is and is not car audio.  A very close copy of what is possible in home audio hi-fi, that's the goal.

Yes, anybody local is more than welcome to have a listen, and by all means critique the system because that's how it gets better.

You know, a GTG would be really cool, if people weren't so spread out. 

panther427

You have a great ride Lanson. Love the look you have given your ride and the amount of time you have put into your ride.
2013 SHO

steve142857

Hi Jimijak!
I finally had a bit of time to clean the car yesterday and took some pictures of the Inside. Since I didn't have any when submitting, let me know if you want me to post them here or replace one of the 6 pics in my ROTM submission. New pics are still in the camera at home, but I could upload them tomorrow.
Thanks!

glock-coma

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there somewhere in the taptalk app to vote?
I'm rarely on the regular site. The only way I've been able to vote is on the main site.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ford4thot

Quote from: glock-coma on June 23, 2014, 01:26:45 PM
Maybe I'm missing it, but is there somewhere in the taptalk app to vote?
I'm rarely on the regular site. The only way I've been able to vote is on the main site.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost
more to come.....
no. just open Web view through tapatalk tho...it'll open the thread in your browser so you can vote

JimiJak

Quote from: steve142857 on June 23, 2014, 01:14:14 PM
Hi Jimijak!
I finally had a bit of time to clean the car yesterday and took some pictures of the Inside. Since I didn't have any when submitting, let me know if you want me to post them here or replace one of the 6 pics in my ROTM submission. New pics are still in the camera at home, but I could upload them tomorrow.
Thanks!

Thought I should post to let everyone know I wasn't ignoring you too. lol
PM sent regarding this.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SHO-Time

It's a tight race this month. Currently tied 7 all!
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*