• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RotM / RotY - Comments & Discussion

Started by DJE624, December 27, 2013, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Ok...so let's use the 350 active members number. Which is pretty accurate. That means out of 1,000+ members, only 35% of them are active, and of those active members, only 10% of them participate in RotM...that's still pretty sad, and needs to be drastically improved.

To put that in perspective. FocusST.org has 9,851 members.
Let's say the same 35% applied to them, that leaves roughly 3,500 active members. That's 10x our active members so the math will be easy.

Last month, they had over 65 entries in the ST of the month competition. I can't find the poll to tell you how many voted...but the number of entries alone is over double what ours typically is per capita.

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Quote from: JimiJak on May 15, 2014, 12:35:04 AM
Ok...so let's use the 350 active members number. Which is pretty accurate. That means out of 1,000+ members, only 35% of them are active, and of those active members, only 10% of them participate in RotM...that's still pretty sad, and needs to be drastically improved.

To put that in perspective. FocusST.org has 9,851 members.
Let's say the same 35% applied to them, that leaves roughly 3,500 active members. That's 10x our active members so the math will be easy.

Last month, they had over 65 entries in the ST of the month competition. I can't find the poll to tell you how many voted...but the number of entries alone is over double what ours typically is per capita.

No argument... numbers here are poor if we use the numbers you list... Entries are relatively few in comparison to the FST site

I'm just saying set  attainable goals for us... not another forum... TCCA claims 10,00 members, but voting is about like ours...

Say your quoted 1000 members here... 35 votes (never seen more than mid 30s, it's posted btw)... is 3.5%... I do not believe the 350 active members number is realistic though (if active = participates) and belive it to be no more than 50.... count the nicks and posts (exclude introductions) in a month and I bet you don't find more than 50... So while not spectacular, if these numbers are in the ballpark.  I believe that 50% - 70% of the 50 vote (25-35 members).... in most recent months

Can you get more?... I'm cheering for you man! 
... but US voter turn out for presidential elections is not as good as ours for RotM!

The RotM is important to those that participate and REALLY have pride in their ride... doesn't have to be super-modded... just a majority crowd pleaser.  Maybe misunderstanding that from the standpoint of potential entrants and voters along with fear of rejection is the discouragement... dunno.... but everyone should try if they love their ride!

So as I said earlier.... let's see if this idea improves voting... but I'd hate to see active voting hurt by taking away a feature those folks enjoy.... So let's see... and let's see appropriate response to the changes, or lack thereof.

Again... THANKS for your efforts.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ford4thot

Shiiiiii.....I've only done 3 mods, only 1 visible one.....and I entered lol
I like to think the quality of my photos are more of what the vote for me would be for lol....bcz I'm not super modded

I'll enter every one til I win if I'm quick enough!

Fired from the other forum......twice

SHOdded

Am I going to end up carting you both to the ER, BiGMaC and JimiJak?  It's good you are doing battle with nerf lances :D

Certainly we are open to ideas to increase participation in the RoTM entries AND voting.  If people are holding back from voting because they don't like any of the entries, or can't decide between the entries, the important thing is to make a choice.  Doesn't have to be the perfect choice, but chime in regardless.  It will make the entrants feel good too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

SHOdded

RoTM/RoTY = serious fun = one of the rare oxymorons that actually works!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Lanson

So, is that 8:00PM EST, CST, MST, or PST?  Seems like it will matter since there's only 3 spots.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

JimiJak

Submit your RotM entry now before the spots are full!

Lanson

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

steve142857

Hey guys!
Apparently ROTM will be full of surprises this month. That's cool. The first surprise is that we have until June 15th to change our photos etc. Well, I am going on a fishing trip until the 16th, so it is not alack of interest, but I'll have to leave my pics as is.
Nice rides guys and very diversified, for all tastes!
I am happy that I am not alone this time. Last year, when I won the ROTM, I was alone lol!
I prefer to lose against good competitors than to win because I am alone... Actually, I'd prefer to win against good competitors!
Cheers!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

mval

the same thing is true at the ford car shows i attend. at the fordfest @ our big raceway here last year there were around 25 focus st & i was only sho. i like my sho as a non-sleeper, those focus guys like to imitate the rice cars a little too much even for me.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

JimiJak

Quote from: mval on June 12, 2014, 11:04:16 AM
the same thing is true at the ford car shows i attend. at the fordfest @ our big raceway here last year there were around 25 focus st & i was only sho. i like my sho as a non-sleeper, those focus guys like to imitate the rice cars a little too much even for me.

It's a fwd hatch-back with a 250+hp turbocharged engine...even though it's domestic; if not a "ricer" what is it?

Lanson

I can't believe I'm actually explaining this, but:

"Rice" or "ricer" is a derogatory term for - and this part is quite important - NON-performance vehicles "posing" or "impostering" as high performance. 

If a dude in a Honda has a 250HP turbocharged beast of a motor in a tiny car, it is not a "ricer".  That's a bonafide awesome car and respect is due.

But if that same Honda (or other) owner has a big ugly wing, big ugly exhaust pipe, body kit haphazardly installed, etc. but the driver is acting like he has 250HP, we got ourselves a "ricer".  This also begets the "ricer flyby", which I am intimately familiar with.  That's really how you know what you're dealing with.