• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RotM / RotY - Comments & Discussion

Started by DJE624, December 27, 2013, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford4thot

Thanks for doing the work to have a fun contest like this! Good luck to all

Fired from the other forum

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on May 13, 2014, 10:51:14 AM
@JimiJak way to step up our game with the RoTM contest, I am truly impressed with your work on this. Great Job!

Yes great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

IA 5HO

Quote from: ford4thot on May 13, 2014, 12:17:23 PM
Thanks for doing the work to have a fun contest like this! Good luck to all

Fired from the other forum

Many thanks from me too.  Good luck!

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S

BiGMaC

I appreciate all the work done to make the ROTM happen... BUT.... Please birng back the visible vote totals for those who voted to see and follow.

It elevates the selection process above suspicion. ... no proven need for secrecy anyway. Openness is key here.
It is interesting to watch and generates shouts and posts.
It likely encourages participation... this way we wait weeks..... why?
I think members like it generally... below is 6 hours of shouts...in a row...

bigmoneycloser: I liked seeing voting results after my vote was cast.. Just to watch the progression..
Today at 03:22:07 PM
SwampRat: Voting result should be seen by those that have voted
Today at 11:04:28 AM
SwampRat: Voting result
Today at 11:03:28 AM
yowen: yes and since you can only see the results after you vote, there is no chance of someone being influenced by the results.
Today at 07:06:27 AM
BiGMaC: Personal opinion only... not a dis to anyone... and I did vote.  However I must say that I'd like to be able to see the standings after I vote.   I also feel seeing the results after voting is a bit of incentive for forum activity and participation.

Thanks for considering!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

Sorry this is a lot to read; but I have a lot to say ;D

First and foremost, thank you BigMac for a well organized post, and thanks all of you for your participation and input. This is a community and it's up to the community how things are run around here. I value your comments, and will definitely keep them under advisement in moving forward...keep 'em coming! The new format isn't set in stone, but I had to start somewhere.

With that being said; I still need to do what I feel is in the best interest of the things I have been put in charge of...in this case; RotM.
If we don't change anything from how things have run in the past, we can't expect any changes in the outcome. ...and it needs to change, or there's no point in doing it for the 0.35% of members (typically even less) that have been participating.
We might as well just give a RotM badge to the 35 ppl that care and be done.

As for whether the changes I've implemented are effecting participation, this is the hard data I'm seeing:
- In the last 35 hours we have had more votes than last month's entire RotM competition.
- RotM has routinely struggled to achieve even three contestants by the end of the month. This month the entries were limited to three, and filled in just 5.5hrs. 

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

JimiJak

As for the comments from the shoutbox and BiGMaC's post above:
BiGMaC sts; "posting results instantly elevates the process above suspicion"
- the poll will be shown at the top of this thread just like it used to be right after the vote.

As for "encouraging participation", "openness being the key", and "generating shoutbox shouts and thread posts"...all of this goes against Yowen's comment of not influencing others before they vote. I understand nobody can see the actual results until they have voted...but once a clear lead is in place the voting seems to stop. Month after month.
This tells me that all the chatter about there being a leader is actually deterring others away from voting. This is the first month that nobody knows who's in the lead...or by how much...and frankly it's exciting! PLUS the votes keep steadily coming in.

I'll leave you with this thought:
You're at a car show and you see a man selling a 50/50 raffle ticket. Would you buy a raffle ticket with the winning number already picked? They don't tell you the number until you buy a ticket...then they hand you the ticket...you show them the number...and they say; "nope...sorry", until the winning ticket is sold.

But that's not how they do it...anywhere...ever.
Instead, they make you wait alllll the way until the very end of the event. Then there's an announcement...a production...theatrics...suspense...a sense of occasion...a drumroll for gosh sakes.
...AND THE WINNER IS...!!!

*boom. :D

BiGMaC

¡ƃuıɹǝpısuoɔ ɹoɟ sʞuɐɥʇ˙˙˙ sɹǝsn llɐ ʇou  ˙˙˙sɹǝsn ǝʌıʇɔɐ ɟo %53 puǝɯɯoɔǝɹ p,I  ˙ʇxǝʇ ǝɥʇ sɐ ɹɐɟ sɐ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝpɐɹʇ ɐ s,ʇıʇ ˙˙˙ʞɔɐɾ

:beer2:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

JimiJak

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 14, 2014, 11:26:33 PM
¡ƃuıɹǝpısuoɔ ɹoɟ sʞuɐɥʇ˙˙˙ sɹǝsn llɐ ʇou  ˙˙˙sɹǝsn ǝʌıʇɔɐ ɟo %53 puǝɯɯoɔǝɹ p,I  ˙ʇxǝʇ ǝɥʇ sɐ ɹɐɟ sɐ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝpɐɹʇ ɐ s,ʇıʇ ˙˙˙ʞɔɐɾ

Man...that's just awful! Even if you turn your screen over it's still backwards. MAKE IT STOP! lol

You'd recommend 35% of active users, what? Get a RotM badge!? LOL

I wish we were talking about numbers like 35%...but sadly it's ZERO.35%
One third of one percent of our total member base participated in RotM last month.

ford4thot

JimiJak. ..... 👍👍👍👍

Fired from the other forum......twice

ford4thot

JimiJak, maybe allow the voting thread to be "bumped" throughout the voting period? Help make it more visible? ?

Fired from the other forum......twice

BiGMaC

Quote from: JimiJak on May 14, 2014, 11:33:41 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on May 14, 2014, 11:26:33 PM

Man...that's just awful! Even if you turn your screen over it's still backwards. MAKE IT STOP! lol

You'd recommend 35% of active users, what? Get a RotM badge!? LOL

I wish we were talking about numbers like 35%...but sadly it's ZERO.35%
One third of one percent of our total member base participated in RotM last month.

OK... Easier to read... BTW, don't use Manu's website... but that's cool too!

Of course ROTM/ROTY should be awarded by popular vote.

The problem with it is that you can't count 800+ as active.... lurkers are fine, and they can vote as members... but don't count them when figuring percent of membership voting... look to see who's posted ...say in the last month... or you pick the time.... and use that number.  I suspect there are not more than 50 active members (by this criteria)... you guys can get the numbers, I'm just noting that there is a core of folks participating.

BTW... sorry about headaches, vertigo, nystagmus, transient hemianopsia, or diplopia.  :boom:

JimiJak

I think you've given me anisocoria...but the worst part is your not sorry. :(

BiGMaC

Quote from: JimiJak on May 15, 2014, 12:07:14 AM

Sorry...
RX: Put a drop of mydriatic in the small one repeatedly while looking in a mirror... until PERRLA   :doctor: 

SwampRat

Quote from: JimiJak on May 15, 2014, 12:07:14 AM

It's the Dr. Frankenstein side coming out. .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on May 15, 2014, 12:13:42 AM
It's the Dr. Frankenstein side coming out. .....

It's A...L...I...V...E!

But meanwhile... Thanks again Jack for your efforts on the RotM...
If the numbers aren't significantly better this month... maybe then revert the visibility.