• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dented; ugh

Started by geswek, March 08, 2014, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I flew home last month; used a car service that takes you to airport and then parks your car in a secure garage. They then pick you up at airport in your car and you leave and go home. I noticed a ding on my drivers door but the car was so dirty from road salt I didn't see how bad until today when I washed it. The dent is CRAZY and unfortunately I can't do crap because I signed a paper saying they are not responsible for damage or theft. I'm going to take car to my buddies body shop, I'm hoping they can pop it out--it's really noticeable and really pissing me off right now.

mjhpadi

Oh man, I can feel your pain. I know when I got the dents in my hood I was crushed.  Hopefully your pal can get most of it out, but from the photo's it looks like it's going to require some repainting...hopefully, I'm wrong about that, but keep us updated.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Will do; going to see him Monday.

Just one more issue to fix; two of my wheels are dinged bad from pot holes so those will need replacing.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy winter wheels next year--can't keep spending $700 plus on wheels every year.

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on March 08, 2014, 12:33:50 PM
I flew home last month; used a car service that takes you to airport and then parks your car in a secure garage. They then pick you up at airport in your car and you leave and go home. I noticed a ding on my drivers door but the car was so dirty from road salt I didn't see how bad until today when I washed it. The dent is CRAZY and unfortunately I can't do crap because I signed a paper saying they are not responsible for damage or theft. I'm going to take car to my buddies body shop, I'm hoping they can pop it out--it's really noticeable and really pissing me off right now.

I'm crying with you man!  It makes me sick to see that kind of thing!  Hopefully it will pull out... But I fear your headed for a door skin to do it right.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

geswek

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 08, 2014, 01:09:29 PM
I'm crying with you man!  It makes me sick to see that kind of thing!  Hopefully it will pull out... But I fear your headed for a door skin to do it right.

Screw that; I'll buy a new door LMAO.

What is a door skin? haha.

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on March 08, 2014, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 08, 2014, 01:09:29 PM

Screw that; I'll buy a new door LMAO.

What is a door skin? haha.

Seriously... It's a replacement for all the exterior sheet metal... R&R  weld on replacement...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

mjhpadi

Quote from: geswek on March 08, 2014, 12:42:30 PM
Will do; going to see him Monday.

Just one more issue to fix; two of my wheels are dinged bad from pot holes so those will need replacing.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy winter wheels next year--can't keep spending $700 plus on wheels every year.

I know what you mean about wheels, 2 of mine have some road rash from my son hitting the curb when I let him drive the SHO, and he kissed the curb at McDonald's :chair:   Luckily I haven't had to deal with the potholes much since I don't take the SHO out much in bad weather, the plus for having the beatermobile (99 Sable). But back to the wheels, I really don't want to replace them with OEM wheels, would love to do something lighter...I think I will probably replace the wheels when I get new tires, because I hate the Michelin's and hopefully by that time my son will have his own car and won't want to drive the SHO...
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

mjhpadi

Oh, BTW, I did have to have the driver's side door skin replaced, but that's a whole 'nother story!  But you really can't tell that it's not the original.

SwampRat

It sucks for sure , but a good bodyman could fix the dent with heat ... proper tools and a repaint of the door.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

The service probably packs in the cars really close, and you are the "beneficiary" :(  Hope it's a quick & simple fix, geswek.  I know a visit to the grocery store is going to bring me some fresh scars on the Edge ... everytime!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Ouch. Sorry, man. I know those are a real eyesore. It's the first thing and last thing you see when you are around the car. Been there, done that.
My wife just crumpled and gashed the side of her CX-5 on the garage wall. Lol! I feel you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

dalum

I feel ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non-PP SHO

SHOdded

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 08, 2014, 03:39:00 PM
My wife just crumpled and gashed the side of her CX-5 on the garage wall.
OUCH!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mikesb

Find a good PDR (pointless dent repair) company. I emphasizes good!
Look for the rite price, referrals and expeareanc,   Price means not to cheep, if some random guy says $50, beware. A lot of dealerships use PDR companys for there vehicles but sadly enough they often use the ones that charge the least over quality
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

IA 5HO

Ouch, I feel your pain.  I ended up getting a nice scratch in my front drivers quarter panel while driving along the highway and getting a rock shot at me from a lawn mower.  It's about an inch long and took it down to the primer. It's been a while since it has happened but still haven't decided what to do about it quite yet.  :dunno:

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S