• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" PTU Fluid Exchange - glock-coma

Started by SHOdded, December 21, 2013, 12:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windstang

IMO, as far as what oil to use, yes good oil is usually better and Amsoil and Redline, but just changing it with any 75W140 oil, especially in these PTU's, is going to do it a world of good compared to leaving the old  crappy sludgy thick and gooey garbage that is probably in there now.

SHOdded

Yup.  Except where people do put their cars though their paces, when want becomes need.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

I seem to remember that my non-pp 2010 is extra hard for some reason,  did we have a guide fro the 2010/no-pp ?  It has been about 7/8k miles and i need to find a way to do this reliably and easily ..

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

This howto is based on a 2010, should be the same.   No extended vent, no drain plug.  There IS a howto if you wanted to add the vent tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

The fill method through the vent tube til you see the oil come out the "Fill" plug is great for older guys per say.

I used a meat baster / injector / large syringe to fill it through my vent tube. New meaning to the word. PTU injected.

BlueSHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on August 19, 2019, 09:49:51 PM
i wonder if adding a drain would actually raise the risk of failure by weakening the case....maybe it doesnt make much difference, but ya gotta wonder.
https://youtu.be/7yLkr609bfI

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra