• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" PTU Fluid Exchange - glock-coma

Started by SHOdded, December 21, 2013, 12:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Zorin

Quote from: SHOdded on September 04, 2016, 06:13:51 PM
:thumb:  Lets see how the BND stuff performs!

I noticed that the fluid was nice and tacky, so it should hold up well.

Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

That might be. Quite a bit of pictures on my Trailblazer forums are not showing up as well. Pretty sure those are Photobucket as well.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 04, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
Photobucket having an issue maybe?
I have been having intermittent issues with Imgur as of late,it looks like PB is down.IDK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Looks like about half the pictures are working now

SHOdded

Wonder if they had disaster recovery of some kind

glock-coma

I'll see if I still have them in my account and upload
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Not many missing but I'll just add these.
I'm pretty sure they go with this.

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

That's very kind of you Glock.Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Justme2011

Trying to clarify the amount that should go in PTU.  I've seen 11oz, 18oz, and just fill till it comes out.    Is 18oz essentially just filling to the hole?  Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The fluid capacity of the PTU is 18 oz.  No telling how much is actually in there.  So fill it till it just starts coming out of the fill hole.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Justme2011 on January 17, 2017, 12:18:44 PM
Trying to clarify the amount that should go in PTU.  I've seen 11oz, 18oz, and just fill till it comes out.    Is 18oz essentially just filling to the hole?  Thanks for the help.

18 oz is the capacity when dry. Depending on how you are extracting old fluid, you may not get every last drop out.

The fill hole (or temp sensor port on cooled PTUs) is your true "full" mark.

With vehicle LEVEL, add fluid until it runs out of the fill hole, that is the correct level.

EDIT: Manu beat me to the punch by just a few seconds. LOL

2013 XSport

Justme2011