• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Complete Audio System Wiring Diagram!

Started by Fast SHO, December 17, 2013, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

Thank me later.

:)

I paid the $11 for access to the wiring diagrams online to solve my Amp/DSP problem.

Turns out the AMP/DSP are the same component.  Also looks like you can tap an unprocessed signal from the front via the Audio Control Module or back on the input side of the DSP/AMP.

Possible issue might be loss of volume control with tapping the signal pre-amp since the DSP/amp might control the volume digitally.  Have not verified this.  A work around is if your aftermarket DSP has a remote volume control, most do.
2014 SHO PP

Kolk1

I wonder if its the same thing I can pull up on AllData at work? lol

Fast SHO

2014 SHO PP

Kolk1

When I manage to get a free minute during this time of year, ill try and remember to look.

Its remote start season, and im about 3 weeks out for my next available appointment. Yay....

Fast SHO

Talked to some other folks who have done installs on other vehicles such as the Flex and F150.  Apparently, there is a high likelihood that getting a signal pre-amp will result in a loss of volume control and SYNC capabilities because the AMP/DSP also acts like a computer combining the SYNC features with the audio signal prior to output.

Now you know why people either completely remove the HU or just get a signal post amp.
2014 SHO PP

Sneaktip

Recently completed my install and I recommend getting signal after the factory amp.  I used the Rockford 360.3.  Flattens out factory EQ and even gives you a amp turn on.  Check out Audison and JBL as well both make processors that would work well.
2013 Black SHO K&N CAI, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Eibach springs, 22" Avarus AV6 wheels, 265/30-22 Lexani tires. Custom audio system

Silkysmooth02

I just finished my setup (2 kicker L7 12s) and I used a audiocontrol lc2i for signal processing.  Sounds great.
If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.

SHOdded

Any pics/audio of your installs, guys?  Hope you all are having a great weekend!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BadHabit2Break

Bringing back an old thread.  Looking at the wiring diagram that is posted in the first post, do you think the wiring colors are the same for the 2015 XSport with the 12 speaker Sony setup?

I am really not happy with the volume level from the OEM setup and believe this is where I am going to start upgrading.
Thanks,
Stephen

2015 Explorer Sport - Ruby Red

Nosho2017

I was wondering if I'm in the right spot but I have a 2017 Ford Taurus SEL has the 8 inch touch screen with navigation the newest sync system a speaker in each door a tweeter and each a killer and a center channel it's a 7 Channel system and there's supposed to be an amp in there that Lear did it's the non Sony system call the Ford premium audio anybody know where the amp is I would need some assistance