• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Step one ?

Started by Mikesb, December 04, 2013, 11:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesb

I'm a nuts and bolts guy way way more than computer stuff

So - you got those two files and loaded them on PC ?
Did it create a desktop tuner run icon?
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

QuickSilver

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2013, 09:36:28 AM
Quote from: Mikesb on December 22, 2013, 09:19:48 AM
Mine too (rattles) but doesn't seem to be a problem

LETS START AT STEP ONE
DXINT1 - Are you sure you are doing everything in proper order
1st - before anything the files you receive in email are loaded on to PC
2nd - One of those files are an exe to load program
3rd- Then open program
4th - Then plug tuner into PC
5th - Then to vehicle

When your all done - you can go back and open program on PC and view history to see what files were transfered

Exactly. With additional step between2 and 3 to update tuner firmware. That is the "update" application that was included.

Once tuner now plugged into PC, there are no other files for it to load. My understanding from Dave at LMS is that there is supposed to be another set of files that I map to load onto the tuner. Then install onto car.

These are the 2 files that I was given links for. No more, no less!

I had a lil trouble at this step too. I had to download the file 3 times to the tuner before it 'successfully' loaded. Are you trying to load from the desktop Icon right? That's what worked for me.  Admittedly I'm a hardware guy, not a Tech guy.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

EcoBrick Bob

I had a really hard time with my SCT Tuner the first time... Lots of the problem was me... but since I was running windows 7 64 bit, I had to do an update on the tuner before it would work...  Had 32 bit software in it.  Oh Well..
eventually I got as smart as it and figured it out... LOL

So.. if you are having issues... JOIN THE CLUB... !!!!!!!

If you didn't you are tooo smart to be posting here!!!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: QuickSilver on December 22, 2013, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2013, 09:36:28 AM
Quote from: Mikesb on December 22, 2013, 09:19:48 AM
Mine too (rattles) but doesn't seem to be a problem

LETS START AT STEP ONE
DXINT1 - Are you sure you are doing everything in proper order
1st - before anything the files you receive in email are loaded on to PC
2nd - One of those files are an exe to load program
3rd- Then open program
4th - Then plug tuner into PC
5th - Then to vehicle

When your all done - you can go back and open program on PC and view history to see what files were transfered

Exactly. With additional step between2 and 3 to update tuner firmware. That is the "update" application that was included.

Once tuner now plugged into PC, there are no other files for it to load. My understanding from Dave at LMS is that there is supposed to be another set of files that I map to load onto the tuner. Then install onto car.

These are the 2 files that I was given links for. No more, no less!

I had a lil trouble at this step too. I had to download the file 3 times to the tuner before it 'successfully' loaded. Are you trying to load from the desktop Icon right? That's what worked for me.  Admittedly I'm a hardware guy, not a Tech guy.

You speak of 3 files or 3 attempts to load? I ran both apps half a dozen times or so with same result.  As shown in the pic, I only received 2 files. The newly created desktop icon connects to server for all updates I presume. But someone here mentioned thats how it keeps the tunes updated when changed. I do NOT have initial tune files. So either they did NOT write them for me or just did NOT send me links to download with other files!

Quote from: Mikesb on December 22, 2013, 11:00:26 AM
I'm a nuts and bolts guy way way more than computer stuff

So - you got those two files and loaded them on PC ?
Did it create a desktop tuner run icon?

It did create the app on desktop called tuner app. I click that, it connects to server and says firmware latest version, then disconnects.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BiGMaC

This all sounds like some unintuitive software that doesn't give feedback... and lack of instructions.  I haven't seen the software working, but i do write programs for a living and do a lot of crowd-sourcing of users... just an observation about the confusion created... let alone the frustration. 

Maybe Randy at Livernois should see this thread or at least be informed by one of you guys.

Seems like simple instructions for Livernois with screen shots to let you know it's going right would be the answer

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Mikesb

LMS has been more then helpfully ant patient with me I'm sure they will get it all figured out for you tomorrow
Mine worked perfect the 1st time I did it rite / it just took 10 times to do it rite
They do need a how to for dummy's / at least for me anyway

1 strategy code, vin, device s/n mailed off
2 receive and run email and input the device s/n and what ever eels it asks for
3 the icon created on my desktop says (tuner update application V2) rt, click properties and says release 1.9.3.1

2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

Dxlnt1

Response from LMS today. Apparently files were written but my tuner never downloaded them. So Anthony reset or resent to server. Then all files were loaded onto car. Stage 4+. Will test on my way to work tonight.

Thank you LMS for the assistance.

The issue with tuner being loose, according to Anthony, that is how tuner is made to withstand some vibration and shock! Go figure!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

DJE624

LOL  YAY! You're gonna love it! 

SHOdded

Awesome!  Enjoy the warping of time & space!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Way good!   :WOOT: Glad you got it...... Warp 9 Mr. Sulu.... now watch out for tickets! :burnout:  :policeman:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Dxlnt1

1 LMS tune, stage 4+ equals 1 new car.

DJE624

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 24, 2013, 10:17:37 PM

You said it brother! 

QuickSilver

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 24, 2013, 10:17:37 PM

Great quote!  At least you had to work for it ;)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...