• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Massive fuel leak into engine and out exhaust

Started by peachback50, December 05, 2013, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on December 12, 2013, 06:30:55 PM
Probably want your exhaust system downstream of the cats replaced if that much fuel was dumped, in addition to making sure the cylinders are DRY before starting up the car again.

>>> Yea, it's got to be full of fuel.  Wonder if the cats are gone too , especially if 3/4 tank is unaccounted for?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Yeah, I meant south of the exhaust manifold.  Brain fart :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

peachback50

The last thing I was told was they needed my permission to charge me $20 for fuel for the test drive etc. I told them I was concerned that 3/4 of a tank fuel was lost at the first dealership and questioned if that dealership possibly harmed my car. They had my car for a solid 7 days and who  know what that did. I expressed my concerns and I hope they do a fair job.
Thanks you all for your replys.

panther427

They need to scope the cylinder and piston and make sure it didn't wash out the top of the piston and cylinder walls. Maybe yet got a few gallons of fuel in your oil system if u are missing that much fuel
2013 SHO

04goat

Quote from: SHOdded on December 12, 2013, 06:30:55 PM
Probably want your exhaust system downstream of the cats replaced if that much fuel was dumped, in addition to making sure the cylinders are DRY before starting up the car again.

Agreed, your cats are most likely on their death bad as a result of massive overfueling.  I'd get them to replace the cats as well.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

peachback50

I am having the oil changed and I have a set of PPE downpipes with cats if that makes a difference.

peachback50

So I talked to the service writer earlier and things are not going well. They said the injector(cylinder 1) is fixed under the warranty  but  cylinders 1 and 3 are down. She was unable to explain more but said the cylinder was are NOT scorned and that they are waiting on an e-mail from Ford and what to do next per prototypical.
  She did mention "tune" to my dislike......she said she was not sure if the warranty would cover whats next or not. I believe the dealership that had my car for 9 days and somehow went through 3/4 of a tank of gas only to decide they didn't know what was wrong may have something to do with the current issue.
Not happy

SHOdded

It doesn't make sense that the tune did anything to the car.  More likely that the real culprit has not yet been found.  Rare to have an injector fail this early, let alone multiple injectors.  Faulty injector controls, maybe.  I think you will at least get an honest evaluation from Ford Engineering.  As far as the other dealer, not sure what they did or how much liability they face, as they are not a Ford dealership.

Hang in there.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

This is sounding a little scary.  I hope they can get it straightened out at no cost to you.

EcoBrick Bob

If the injector for cylinder #1 is fixed.  The dealer stating that cylinders #1 & #3 are down, would mean in my opinion that those cylinders are down on compression.  If so, how much is the big deal..  Again, this is just my opinion, but I bet you have some piston damage, like I did... "ringland fractures" which allow the cylinder to leak down quickly when not running but when turned over to test compression. Mine was caused by me spraying denatured alcohol ( ran out of methanol) and lugging the engine which resulted in too much fuel/liquid in the cylinders and caused chunks of 2 pistons to break away and cracks in the ringland area of a 3rd. And if I'm right ( I truly hope I'm not) they will be tearing your engine apart next.  Since you have a tune, and the dealer has sent Ford all the data, which includes all of the things they request in that TSB I mentioned elsewhere, Ford won't warranty anything that is even remotely tune related.  If the non-Ford dealer burned thru that much fuel testing their theories, they may have caused the problem, or it may have been caused by the injector flooding the #1 cylinder. You can blame much of this on the #1 cyl. injector, but not sure how the #3 cylinder can be explained.

Also, I wasn't truthful at first, and believe that not admitting things makes the dealer less likely to be helpful. (The service writer directly accused me of tuning my car and I denied it.) My vehicle was completely stock when it went in, except for badges and the rear Magnaflows.  Ford got pix of all of those mods plus my painted calipers, custom wheels etc.  Ford told the dealer that the sent data proved my ECM had been flashed over 100 times ( close...) and that the last time was only 12 key turns ago... and vehicle had 35K...  You may explain away a couple flashings to a dead battery... but not the number I had. If it's a major repair, that's about your only hope, and proof of the accident/towed vehicle that wouldn't run.

Good Luck!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

Any more news on your SHO and it's Cylinder issues?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.