• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TPMS relearn for 2013

Started by Fast SHO, December 06, 2013, 05:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

I'm going to punch a wall.  can't for the life of me figure it out.

Swapped to snow tires and tried to figure out how to do it with the push button start.

You are supposed to push the brake.  Cycle to on, off, on, off, on - push brake - on off on off on and then the car is supposed to beep at you so you can do the relearn.
2014 SHO PP

DJE624

It is a pain.  I watched a tech do it once.  Good luck!

SRT82ECOBOOST

I had to bring it to a dealership to get it to work correctly.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Fast SHO

The problem is the stupid push button.  It doesn't respond fast enough so you are basically doing trial and error to get it to 'on' instead of 'accessory.'

True on is when the engine text illuminates but engine doesn't start.

I finally got it to work but it was pretty random as far as me pushing the buttons.  I basically did the following:

push brake
push button until engine text illuminates
turn off
push again until it illuminates
turn off
push again until illuminates
push brake
push again until illuminate
off
push to illuminate
off
push to illuminate

then car beeped at me and I did the learn process

when I say push to illuminate that does not represent the number of times I actually pressed the button lol
2014 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Here's a post from another forum from May 2013... bpd approved on that forum It is for linking new TPMS sensors to the Taurus:

To help others in the future, I figured I would document what I learned about linking new TMPS sensors to the Taurus.

This process can be divided into 3 parts:
1. Waking up the sensors
2. Getting the Taurus into re-learn mode
3. Linking the sensors to the Taurus

Note: The sensors I bought with my new wheels were Orange-Electronic Brand OEM replacement model sensors.

1. The sensors can be in 2 states; hibernation or sleeping.

Hibernation: From what I understand, the sensors will only go into hibernation if they are not linked to a vehicle and have been stationary for a number of weeks. To wake sensors up from hibernation, the tire pressure must be reduced to 0 psig for 30 minutes, then increased to at least 44 psig. (I read elsewhere that the tire does not have to be completely depressurized, but I tried that and it did not work for me). Also, other aftermarket sensors may have a different wakeup technique - such as using a strong magnet near the valve stem.

Sleeping: Every time your wheels stop moving for more than (about) 30 minutes, your sensors will go into a sleep state to save the battery. To wake the sensors from the sleep state, rotate the wheel at least 1/4 turn.

2. The Taurus will enter TPMS relearn mode 2 ways; ignition cycling process and hazard button process. Before you start, make sure your tires are awake and have the proper amount of air (44 psig from the hibernation wake up will work..and don't worry, the tire pressure at time of re-learn will not set or calibrate the car's pressure alarm limit-this cannot be changed by us).

Ignition cycling process:
Note: For push button ignition, the "on" is hold the start button down without brake pedal.

i. Start with the key in off position and press and release brake pedal.
ii. Turn the key to on position (not start) and after the first chime turn it to the off position.
iii. Turn the key to on position (not start) and after the first chime turn it to the off position.
iv. Turn the key to on position (not start) and press and release brake pedal and turn key to off position.
v. Turn the key to on position (not start) and after the first chime turn to off position.
vi. Turn the key to on position (not start) and after the first chime turn to off position.
vii. Turn the key to on position (not start) and leave in on position. Horn will chirp once and the message center will indicate to train Left Front Tire.

Hazard button process:
Note: This may not work for new sensor learning, but can be used when rotating tires.
i. Turn the key to on position (not start).
ii. Turn on then off the hazard button 3 times. Horn will chirp once and the message center will indicate to train Left Front Tire.

3. You will need the ford TPMS tool as seen below (about $40CAN at dealer). http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-FORD-8C2Z1A203A-TPMS-Tire-Pressure-Sensor-Reset-Calibration-Tool-/350632285723
Following the prompts on the message centre, point the tool at each of the appropriate tires just above the valve stem and press/hold the button until the horn chirps. If the process is not successful, the horn will chirp twice and you must repeat the training process.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Fast SHO

I tried that s*** and "holding down" can be left to interpretation.  Trying that is what led me to want to punch a baby.
2014 SHO PP

BiGMaC

If it's available to you SRT gave the hassle free method... just get them to let you watch.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock