• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need a 2013 SHO/Flex and Explorer Sport for Megan to make up some coilovers

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 11, 2013, 08:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 13, 2013, 06:34:52 PM
What's something like this go for normally on average?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going price is around $850 shipped, I offer them a bit lower than that but can't break MAP rules.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SwampRat

Not only do they offer more adjustablity in ride control (firmness) they will be much more adjustable for ride height ......AND they are not as wide when compared to stock struts ... this will allow for wider wheels and tires .......
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

dcpatters

Will keep you posted if they call me. Likewise for Quicksilver or whomever takes their car to Megan.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

bigmoneycloser

Well if Megan makes a set for the XSport, I will be interested in getting some details.
Thx guys
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

EcoBrick Bob

This is what Megan Coilovers look like installed ( on my Flex).

Rear

Front

The threading allows a great deal of height adjustment.  On the top of each shock is a knob that allows 32 different settings of dampening from street to track.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bigmoneycloser

Sounds like a great way to increase ride comfort.
I hope they develop a set for the XSport....
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

dcpatters

EcoBrick Bob

I didn't weigh them, but even though they aren't light, they definitely weigh less than the stock front struts and rear shocks/springs.  However, the ones I had on both were H & R springs... they aren't light, but work great and are definitely cheaper to buy and to install than Megan Coilovers.

My Flex H & R springs are for sale, but have to dis-mount them, hopefully to take to Iowa for possible sale and Ship.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

TouchOfEvil

I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket for a set of these on the esport. Also i weighed my sport yesterday just to see how heavy it was. Empty other than junk from my kids,baby seat,tabs,dvds etc....maybe an extra 45lbs total it came in at 5000lbs. How much do the SHO and Flex weigh?
The scale i went to does not give you exact numbers like 4989...it's a basic round up or down system but will put you within 50lbs.
2014 XSport

BiGMaC

My SHO says 4450lb.  I think I'l go weigh it at my local gravel dealer since you bring it up.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bigmoneycloser

I don't want to start any trouble.... But I'm just curious on everyone's opinion.
I mentioned Megan racing coilovers to a friend that is really big into the car scene and he told me they have a really bad rep for quality and that their products are all junk...
I didn't have time to get into it with him so I don't know if he just had a bad experience or what?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

dcpatters

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 15, 2013, 07:30:44 AM
I don't want to start any trouble.... But I'm just curious on everyone's opinion.
I mentioned Megan racing coilovers to a friend that is really big into the car scene and he told me they have a really bad rep for quality and that their products are all junk...
I didn't have time to get into it with him so I don't know if he just had a bad experience or what?

People tell me the same about my Ford vehicle. Neverthrless, I've heard the same from the import car crowd. I'll wait to pass judgment.

bigmoneycloser

Yeah, I was curious if anyone here has been running them and their opinion?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

TouchOfEvil

4DR and EB both have them.
I've read here and there that they can cure the wheel-hop so many of us get as well with the proper adjustments.
2014 XSport