• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Baseline pull in my V

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 07, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on December 08, 2013, 01:36:26 PM
Weld like these?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/WELD-RACING-17x10-Sandstorm-1-Rim-8x170-Bolt-Pattern-/140896924275

Like these:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/276200-photoshoot-my-9-second-cts-v.html
Weld 71Hy7100N72A wheels

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 08, 2013, 01:18:51 PM
Your fuel system is the best one GM offers.  It has more capacity than ZL-1.  As I'm sure you've checked, your friends at Squash can help you gain more if needed.Another great source is Greg at Pace Performance.  He personally has a GXP stick with a 2300 Magnacharger and lots of fuel mods etc. Very well versed in this GM supercharged CTS-V (and other GM vehicles with stock SC). From what I understand it is basically a 1900, with rear air inlet.

Isn't it nice how much easier it is to switch ECM's in GM cars!  Are you going to ask original owner about who tuned vehicle?  Would be worth it to have 2 ECM's.  That way, you could have 2 tunes ready, if you decide to run E-10, or have to.  I am able to switch out ECM's in my G8's in a minute.

Does it have a custom CAI?

As for wheels, how about a wheel spacer that moves the wheel out an inch or whatever you need to clear rear brakes?  You can even get them with changed bolt patterns so you could run Ford bolt pattern on your 120 mm pattern Caddy.  Smaller diameter tire like the 17's you had may not have clearance issues with fender, especially if you can firm up rear so it squats less.  I run 17x9.5" Borbets on my 09'G8 with 275 Hoosier DR's.  They are 48 offset (120-63 mm).  Son gave wheels to me.... came off his Firebird T/A.  He has 2 left. Of course I don't have Brembo Calipers.
I have an Airaid CAI (was on the car) which is supposed to be one of the best.
I've already bought a new ECM and had it changed to stock, no idea who original owner is and not worried about it, cost me $99 for the used ECM and $125 for a GM tech to come to my house and program it to stock.

I'll take a look at the wheel spacer as an option, to see if it can be done.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Those will look AwEsOmE on your blacked out V ... with drag rubber mounted, mmmmmmmm sweet.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoBrick Bob

Like I said in my e-mail, since the 10" x 17" Weld wheels are 48 offset, the wheel issue for other 17" wheels has to be the thickness and design of the rim that is rubbing on the end of the caliper, not any part of the inside face of the wheel rubbing on the outside face of the Brembo's.

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Well for the last 4 years it's weld or borbet drag wheels. I put my 17x8 wheel from the flex and it might fit with the right adapter but will the adapter be ok with 600tq...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

EcoBrick Bob

Titanium adapter!  I would ask the company who does those. Some people use spacer and replace studs with longer ones and those seem to work.  I agree it isn't the best solution and may not be safe.  That's why pickups have 6 studs and big rigs many more than that!  Are your studs 12mm or 14mm? 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

68_GT

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

EcoBrick Bob

SAD DAY... GOVT MOTORS IS NO LONGER... Govt sold last of GM stock today...  And it only cost us 10 Billion!!!!  Much less that we thought... ( I just threw up...)

BiGMaC

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 09, 2013, 07:48:59 PM
SAD DAY... GOVT MOTORS IS NO LONGER... Govt sold last of GM stock today...  And it only cost us 10 Billion!!!!  Much less that we thought... ( I just threw up...)

Let's see... $10,000,000,000.00 divided by $75, 000.00 is about $133333.34

We should have a national lottery for the 133,000 2014 fully loaded CTS-V's they owe us!... You must be a licensed driver 18 years or older to enter.  Then 4DR could get a spare for a DD and go full race on the one he's building!

EcoBrick Bob

AMEN!!! What else can one say!