• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

Quote from: ElvenSho on June 16, 2016, 10:22:21 PM
Yup at the track I destroy them also but the bolt on ones trap 5+ mph higher so feom a roll id get walked. My best trap is 110.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm on a meth tune but I would be surprised if I trapped any faster than 110, haven't been to the track. Per the Sig I'm Unleashed tuned, not finished with the meth tune yet.

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

ElvenSho

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 16, 2016, 10:49:07 PM
Yup at the track I destroy them also but the bolt on ones trap 5+ mph higher so feom a roll id get walked. My best trap is 110.

I'm on a meth tune but I would be surprised if I trapped any faster than 110, haven't been to the track. Per the Sig I'm Unleashed tuned, not finished with the meth tune yet.

Iam inleashed tuned also, if you have meth tou are definatelly going to trap higher than me

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Scott4957

Quote from: ElvenSho on June 16, 2016, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on June 16, 2016, 10:49:07 PM

Iam inleashed tuned also, if you have meth tou are definatelly going to trap higher than me

Maybe, I'm also a fully loaded MKS. After taking out the back seats for the audio install it's safe to say you can shave 100+ pounds really fast, that stuff was HEAVY! I did have the luck of a empty gas tank on those runs.

J_C

Great read and kills Scott! It's pretty impressive pulling a coyote in the top end with a land yacht..lol. Sounds like both driver's were a tad butt hurt
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

r1crusher

I was on the receiving end this afternoon and got shut down by a fairly new Challenger SRT w/ 392.  It had at a min. exhaust and maybe more but no real way to know or tell.

Rolled off a red light and I just laid into the SHO. I heard him step on it behind me but I was already out in front a little way.  Hit 3rd and thought I'd keep it close but he was able to just walk me right up to SHO shutting down at speed limiter. Once he caught me at my rear bumper it took him a good 5-7+ seconds to put me at his rear bumper.  He didn't do it very quickly or easily I will say so I don't feel to bad about it, but I took my whoopin' like a man. :(
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

Scott4957

Quote from: r1crusher on July 01, 2016, 12:08:55 AM
I was on the receiving end this afternoon and got shut down by a fairly new Challenger SRT w/ 392.  It had at a min. exhaust and maybe more but no real way to know or tell.

Rolled off a red light and I just laid into the SHO. I heard him step on it behind me but I was already out in front a little way.  Hit 3rd and thought I'd keep it close but he was able to just walk me right up to SHO shutting down at speed limiter. Once he caught me at my rear bumper it took him a good 5-7+ seconds to put me at his rear bumper.  He didn't do it very quickly or easily I will say so I don't feel to bad about it, but I took my whoopin' like a man. :(

That 392 is a mid 12's car with a low 4 sec 0-60, I would say thats damn good for a 93 3bar tuned SHO! You say you went to the limiter, if he didn't get by you by about 110mph then you had him in the 1/4. I know someone with the 392 scatpack and would love to run him, might have to find myself in the same place at the same time ;) Thanks for sharing!

AJP turbo

R1 what do you mean shutting down "at a speed limiter"?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

r1crusher

Scott...yeah I didn't know exactly what I was playing with at that time.  I just kind of took off but he didn't have any issue catching up and passing me past the 110-120mph mark.

AJP...the speed limiter cut the ignition/fuel once I hit 140...and I got stuck there while he just kept right on walking me.  :(
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

I'd like to see bpd's monster up against the 392 at the "top end", with limiter removed.  Much different outcome, I'll wager!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: r1crusher on July 01, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

AJP...the speed limiter cut the ignition/fuel once I hit 140...and I got stuck there while he just kept right on walking me.  :(

Id want my money back

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Man, I hope I dont have one of those speed limiters

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 01, 2016, 07:20:50 PM
Man, I hope I dont have one of those speed limiters

I have my doubts....me thinks 160....is that adequate?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Unless you're running a 1/2 mile that should be sufficient

SHOdded

240 or bust, guys!  Still stuck in the 100's, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 01, 2016, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: r1crusher on July 01, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

Id want my money back
Lol, not everyone has a 200 revision custom tune like you do!