• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

Awesome Bruce, not sure what kind of Camaro that was but you could hear that cam and see all that tire smoke. Congrats on the new personal best.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Brucelinc

Thanks guys.  The Camaro was a last gen version but had a cam, headers, open exhaust and drag radials. 

SHOnUup

Quote from: ElvenSho on March 20, 2016, 03:18:29 AM
Damn guys I just got destroyed by a 2008 bmw 135i... i had 2 more guys with me in the car(3 of us about 180 pounds each) while the bmw driver had his girlfiend with him (180+120). We just happened to see each other and he came after me(i destroyed him at the track but he was stock at the time and ran 13.8). Anyways 35mph roll up to about 95 he had me by 2 cars. I think its time to put new plugs and have torrie push the tune more plus i need to order meth kit. I cant believe how hard that thing pulled. Oh btw his mods are dps,intercooler,jb4 tune. He didnt want to go from a light as he admited id destroy him. Whats a good meth kit for our cars?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I kill these from a dig to about 80 mph...roll racing they get me by a couple cars. If at the same mod level...tune, downpipes, & cai.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 15, 2016, 12:08:04 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on March 20, 2016, 03:18:29 AM
Damn guys I just got destroyed by a 2008 bmw 135i... i had 2 more guys with me in the car(3 of us about 180 pounds each) while the bmw driver had his girlfiend with him (180+120). We just happened to see each other and he came after me(i destroyed him at the track but he was stock at the time and ran 13.8). Anyways 35mph roll up to about 95 he had me by 2 cars. I think its time to put new plugs and have torrie push the tune more plus i need to order meth kit. I cant believe how hard that thing pulled. Oh btw his mods are dps,intercooler,jb4 tune. He didnt want to go from a light as he admited id destroy him. Whats a good meth kit for our cars?

I kill these from a dig to about 80 mph...roll racing they get me by a couple cars. If at the same mod level...tune, downpipes, & cai.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yeah i raced him at the track and won by a lil bit with a 12.6 to his 12.7. Funny thing is i had a better trap every time by half a mph to a full mph. I think the 2 extra people from 40 really made a huge difference for my car. He has some good new tires on the back i think MT something and I was worried he would destroy me but I still got him by a bit off the line wach time and stayed about the same the rest of the way with me pulling a bit in 3rd with longer gear.

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ElvenSho

Oh and he actually has a cobb pro tune not jb4.

Scott4957

I got to tangle with a SRT6 Chrysler Crossfire this morning. Not sure what was done to this thing but it had a wild full body vinyl wrap with racing numbers on the doors, looked like it was a Solo2 car or something. It was a hard top, black red and white vinyl wrap, blacked out wheels, it looked good. He turned onto the same road in front of me, once I got the light I caught up and sure enough got a red light after the road when to 4 lanes. It was a short light and it turned green as I was about 50 feet from coming to a stop next to him, I rolled through the light and waited for him to come up next to me. I figured I would have to poke at him seeing I was in the sleeper Lincoln but he had other plans. When he got to my door I heard him get on it and I dropped the hammer from about 20mph. He almost pulled even with me while the car spooled and downshifted but it was all over after that, I pulled hard on him and saw him falling behind quickly in the rear view. He skipped out on the next red light by, well, running the red light, but he did flicker the brake lights at me presumably as a thumbs up. Hopefully I see it around again so I can find out what all was done to it, exhaust at a min, 13.5 car stock which is about what it felt like.

Brucelinc

Scott, have you had your MKS to the track? 

Scott4957

Quote from: Brucelinc on May 17, 2016, 09:10:06 AM

No I haven't. Bruce, if you have a log of one of your fast runs I can compare some times though various gears to give you an idea of how it matches up. I may not make it to the track until fall.

ZSHO

Definitely need to take her to the Track Scott,especially after all that hard work you have put into it and at the end of the day it all mounts up to a piece pf paper called a "Time slip".  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Brucelinc

Quote from: Scott4957 on May 17, 2016, 10:13:26 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on May 17, 2016, 09:10:06 AM

No I haven't. Bruce, if you have a log of one of your fast runs I can compare some times though various gears to give you an idea of how it matches up. I may not make it to the track until fall.

I don't really have a way to datalog.   When you do take yours to the track, chances are good that there will not be another MKS in sight.  Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers are a dime a dozen at most tracks and beating them with a Lincoln is priceless. 

Scott4957

Driving home yesterday I first passed by a great looking late model 5.0 Coyote all blacked out with blacked out windows and a throaty exhaust. Traffic was a bit thick so I continued on and came up on a late model 5.7 Hemi Challenger just a 1/4 mile or so further up the road. We were only about a mile from where the road opens up into several more lanes so I got in front of the Challenger and matched his speed. In a classic a-hole move, when the road opened up I moved into the fast lane with him following and then slowed down so he would have to pass me LOL. Gotta do what you gotta do in the sleepy Lincoln! As planned he moved out and I popped the throttle a few times until I annoyed him enough for him get on it. Like taking candy from a baby, even with the jump and a half car lead I walked by him like it was nothing. In the meantime the 5.0 must have caught up and seen the exchange because I caught him in the rear view moving all the way over to the open slow lane and getting on it hard! I got back in the gas to join him in a nice large gap, he gets the hit and the momentum from behind me, pulls about a half car and then I start to reel him in. We slow for traffic and he swings out into the far left lane, I follow behind and punch it as soon as I hear him get on it. A LOUD exhaust and big puffs of black smoke on the shifts, we go from about 70-130 and he can't shake me, I am peddling the car to keep from running right up on his bumper and when I see he is going to move right one lane I stay in it and go right by him. Neither wanted to play after that, they stayed far behind me even when we had some nice open spots to run. The Challenger exited at the same place as me and would not even make eye contact LOL. That didn't stop me from popping the BOV's at him a few times haha. I'm happy to see the MKS will outrun a 5.0 up top. I had little doubt I could take one from a dig in the 1/4 but was curious what it would look like from a roll and if I would just be on borrowed time as it closed in on the big end. No idea what was done to it but with the loud exhaust and the puffs of smoke I am sure something had been changed from stock.

ElvenSho

Who is your tuner? Hard to believe you outran a coyote top end.

FoMoCoSHO

My Torrie tuned 2013 walked a coyote from a dig to 110 at the strip and he wasn't making up ground at the end. Wiped that smug look right off his face.

Brucelinc

I have never been beaten by a coyote Mustang at the track but they occasionally will have a little higher trap speed than mine so presumably they are gaining.  Most are manuals and I have concluded that there are plenty of guys who can't drive a stick and get the most out of it.

ElvenSho

Yup at the track I destroy them also but the bolt on ones trap 5+ mph higher so feom a roll id get walked. My best trap is 110.