• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

2013 SHO

BiGMaC

When you think your little ricer is a hotrod and mom's 4dr sedan eats your lunch it probably hurts a bit!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

markssho

When i walked off and left a bright yellow Pontiac G8 GXP, he was furious. He was pounding his steering wheel so hard I thought he'd break it. He quickly did a u turn and got outta Dodge.
So yea, most won't try the SHO, or are sore losers.
I tried to get a Lexus RCF to run me the other day from a light and he wouldn't.
I'm sure It's painful to realize you've dropped $50k+ only to be challenged, or schooled by a Taurus.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ElvenSho

Damn guys I just got destroyed by a 2008 bmw 135i... i had 2 more guys with me in the car(3 of us about 180 pounds each) while the bmw driver had his girlfiend with him (180+120). We just happened to see each other and he came after me(i destroyed him at the track but he was stock at the time and ran 13.8). Anyways 35mph roll up to about 95 he had me by 2 cars. I think its time to put new plugs and have torrie push the tune more plus i need to order meth kit. I cant believe how hard that thing pulled. Oh btw his mods are dps,intercooler,jb4 tune. He didnt want to go from a light as he admited id destroy him. Whats a good meth kit for our cars?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

FoMoCoSHO

Elevensho next time try a 25 roll, I think it might turn out a little different.

SHOdded

Don't feel too bad, the 135i is often underestimated.  Here is an idea of what you were up against:
http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_BMW_performance_tuner.html

Sample timeslip at the track with only a JB4 tune:
https://youtu.be/LKp50GF3bYQ?t=1m44s
N54, 6at, jb4 iso, dci, intercooler, downpipes, MT drag radials, 65% e85, 35% 102. Map 5@17-18psi.
11.92@123.6mph

Tune nets you approx 80 whp (they have varying tune levels also)
Intercooler can extract another 20-30 whp
Downpipes (catless) add 25 whp (when tuned)

If you haven't had the drivetrain fluids (trans/PTU/RDU) flushed recently, that's the first thing I'd pay attention to.  The 135i has up to a 1000 pound weight advantage, cut down to 880 lb with 120 lb passenger, still making the mods worth more motivation/lb.

135i on E85/93 octane mix, JB4 tune, Raceland downpipes, and Helix FMIC
50/50 mix of E85/93 is mainly used as an octane booster and takes advantage of map 7 lightweight race map
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Not mention the weight difference of the little Beemer. I would love to own a manual equipped one
2013 SHO

ElvenSho

Didnt get pulled as bad with the info I just learned about that car! I am sure if I was alone in the car it would be closer too!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

donky4444

I was running late this am so I was driving hard.  I took off from light with a 2014 Mitsu Eclipse GT next to me and didn't think anything of it.  At the next light he was behind me and took off jumping to the lane next to me for the next light.  It really isn't much of a kill other than the look on his face.  I had to turn left on the street after the light so it wasn't much but it was enough to put 2 cars lengths on him and wipe the smile right off his face.  Too bad it wasn't warmer out this morning or I would have rolled the window down for my 3 year old to wave to him as we went by.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Blackhawk

The 135 is no joke, I thought it was just a little economy coupe until I read up and saw the numbers they are getting from them.

Scott4957

Quote from: donky4444 on March 21, 2016, 03:00:46 PM
I was running late this am so I was driving hard.  I took off from light with a 2014 Mitsu Eclipse GT next to me and didn't think anything of it.  At the next light he was behind me and took off jumping to the lane next to me for the next light.  It really isn't much of a kill other than the look on his face.  I had to turn left on the street after the light so it wasn't much but it was enough to put 2 cars lengths on him and wipe the smile right off his face.  Too bad it wasn't warmer out this morning or I would have rolled the window down for my 3 year old to wave to him as we went by.

Nice! It was likely a 2012, that's the last model year. Sometimes the fun isn't about crushing the car but crushing the man. Or in many cases the boy.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

donky4444

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 21, 2016, 08:55:24 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on March 21, 2016, 03:00:46 PM

Nice! It was likely a 2012, that's the last model year. Sometimes the fun isn't about crushing the car but crushing the man. Or in many cases the boy.

LOL  it was  grown man this time.  I figured it'd be some young punk but it wasn't.  I forgot they stopped making them, I used to have a 2000 GT Premium package.  I was selling them at the time and got to place the build order for it myself.  Talk about fun times, 21 years old and able to do the whole build order process and take delivery the day it hit the ground.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

glock-coma

Finally got someone to play today. Newer Dodge Ram diesel, crazy loud turbos huge stack exhaust.
Getting on the highway I was in the far lane turning left he had the inside.
From a red light he shot off but being a sharp left I had to take turn wide so, I wasn't sure he wanted to play until he took off so I was a little behind. About 2 cars.
His face was PRICELESS as I went by him. Walked by like he was parked.
You can tell that thing had some serious low end but could not keep up higher in the rpm. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Brucelinc

I ran yesterday at Rock Falls Raceway and "killed" several Camaros.  In the video, you cannot see this Camaro but you can hear his engine an burnout.  As you can see, I got a good look at his tire smoke.   When the light turned green, he got a good look at MKS tail lights.

https://youtu.be/jOKxQvNncgA

ZSHO

Congrat's Bruce on your new Personal best,awesome time's.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|