• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye93

Might have been modded, I don't know.  I've never seen the guy since.  To be fair, I didn't realize we were going to be racing, until he pulled ahead and hammered the gas.  Until that point, it was just a black SUV like any other.  Had we both started with the intent of competing, I'm pretty confident in my ExSport (with a few mods & tune).  I still don't like the idea of racing on a residential street, though.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 13, 2015, 09:38:00 PMHaha...that's what happens when I have a few adult beverages and venture onto the ol interwebz

LOL @ "adult beverages".....

Very much look'n forward to 2016's National SHO Convention.

Rich, I hope you & Mary are able to venture out. Always have had love for your SHO & it's setup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

Quote from: hawkeye93 on January 08, 2016, 04:18:58 PM
I still don't like the idea of racing on a residential street, though.

I dont like the idea of people texting and talking on the phone while driving and having their dog sit on their lap....so until Lawmakers take public safety seriously i will continue to street race and have a few beers while doing it...ive never been at fault in a collision....i do keep my BAC below the legal limit when street racing...i also dont see whats wrong with having a beer while driving as long as you are below the legal limit
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

As long as you sign off on being the target of a drone-assisted domestic assasination, feel free to bleed beer LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Well this thread just got really weird...

Vortech347

I finally got someone to run me.  It was a riced out BRZ.  Obviously he was destroyed.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

markssho

Quote from: Vortech347 on January 08, 2016, 10:16:36 PM
I finally got someone to run me.  It was a riced out BRZ.  Obviously he was destroyed.
I too have had a hard time getting someone to run me. I think the word of the SHO's quick 0-60 times are getting out!  😂

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

f8tlSHO

I raced a 15+ 5.0 gt about 2 weeks ago on a Mexican highway. Started about 65mph, off the jump I had him , but he caught up. Let off about 110 he was 1/2 car on me. It had exhaust, not sure on anything else

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

HPandFAB

Mustang kill in the Explorer haha. Not a very good video sorry had to get the phone out quick. He later told me his car wasn't running right lol

https://youtu.be/s_zwBP6d1jc

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

griggs95

I finally have a good one. Keep in mind, my car is badged with only a Taurus emblem on the rear with all sho/ecoboost removed.

Last Friday in the dark around 8 pm a C6Z, bright yellow, lowered, looking very mean zigging in n out of traffic. He cut me off to be first at the light so he can show his buddy how fast this thing is and I was thinking, this is finally my chance to see how far the vette will pull away from me.

Light turns green, he hammers it then me too....it's on.... I'm on his bumper till he lets off to about 75 ish. I start to fall behind because he has no idea what just happened or whats behind him but blinding lights on his bumper.

I keep falling further and further behind because I want to keep him bewildered...plan is working perfectly. Finally he pulls over and waits for me to go by since I wont catch up to him and is leaning his head out the window backwards trying to see what just took place.

The look on his face was absolutely priceless and made my whole year already. I never expected to hang at all with that car. I know he would've pulled on me past 75 but I wouldn't go that fast on the street anyways so it wouldn't matter.

Remember, someone really has to be on there game to beat our cars on the street with rwd without tire smoke or shifting issues, from a dig of course.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

Scott4957

Devoured a Solstice GXP today. Not much of a feat but it was fun nonetheless ;) Not only did the adjustable dampeners in the MKS allow me to stay glued to his ass around turns but I pulled so hard coming out of them I nearly rear ended him each time. I thought they had more in them until I googled it, 260hp 2.0T and 3k pounds. What he must have been thinking when he couldn't shake a 4500 pound luxury sedan. Truth is, what makes it fun for me is when the other guy thinks he can win.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Scott4957

Merging onto the highway today I got on the MKS to cross a few lanes and get out in front of some slow traffic through a gap. Apparently some guy in a Buick thought I was trying to race him or something. He was in the far left lane, I had passed him by a few car lengths in the lane just to his right and was slowing back down to normal cursing speeds when he quickly sped up and slowed right next to me. I wasn't sure at first but when I sped up to move in front of him as i was coming up on traffic he quickly closed the gap again so I couldn't move over. I had hoped it was a Regal Turbo, but now I could see it was a V6 Lacrosse, equivalent to our 3.7. Purposely closing a gap is a good way to piss someone off, I should know as I use the tactic often haha. Old man sedan vs Old man sedan, had I been driving a 3.7 it would have been a race for the ages....the geriatric ages that is. After some quick maneuvering I had an open lane to blast up, he tried to follow but was likely choking on my exhaust gasses as he fell behind, wayyyy behind. He tried to play ricer as I slowed up ahead for traffic but I ensured he never got in front of me again. I did let him hear the BOV's while he got next to me for a few seconds in the slow lane when we finally hit traffic. Its not a great kill but I have to take what I can get in the MKS, now that I am VTA I will try to drum up some interest from more worthy opponents.

CroR1

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 16, 2016, 10:25:23 AM
I had an open lane to blast up, he tried to follow but was likely choking on my exhaust gasses as he fell behind,

Time to get some fuel system cleaner to clean that carbon buildup, lol

Scott4957

Quote from: CroR1 on March 16, 2016, 11:42:22 AM
Quote from: Scott4957 on March 16, 2016, 10:25:23 AM
I had an open lane to blast up, he tried to follow but was likely choking on my exhaust gasses as he fell behind,

Time to get some fuel system cleaner to clean that carbon buildup, lol

I thought that was what WOT was for ;)

ClearwaterSHO

I was out data logging for Torrie last night, when I took a wrong turn and ended up in Mexico.... I had a turbo Civic Hatch next to me revving his engine. I looked over, and saw him punch it. I hit the happy pedal, and the SHO took OFF!!!! I put about 5 cars on him, and let out of it. When he caught up, I was going to give him a thumbs up, but he was so upset, I got the full arm out the window middle finger. I smiled, and kept driving. LOL!!! Do people always get this butt hurt when they lose to a Taurus?
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)