• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstewartroc

Not really  win or loss, but had a go at a newer VW GLI, he took off so I decided to as well as this back road, started to gain on him quick but had to back off because of a corner then stop sign
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

peppelepugh

i don't even get excited when a VW GLI/GTI tries to bite on me anymore, they're all over my neighborhood... although, a Golf R would make me quite excited.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

nickstewartroc

I'm just glad I finally had someone give it a go! I've had the SHO over a year and only had this GLI and an ST, and the ST wasn't even going after me, he was going after some other car, but hey, threes a party right?!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

68_GT

took out a 70's Camaro on the highway. He saw me coming and got the jump from about 70 and I reeled him in a slowly went on past. It was a nice Camaro (for a Chevy). There was a car show in the area that day. It ran good but he was surprised it was a Taurus passing him up lol
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

96grimreaper

Out for a quiet Sunday drive after coming home from the parent's house, the wife and I found ourselves south of the border.  I notice a red G8 GT in front of me about 100 yards. Rolling down the highway at 60, making a couple moves to put us side by side, I noticed a couple cars approaching the intersection from the cross road. So I slowed down attempting to catch the light with the G8. Bright red, lowered, wheels, exhaust and an SCT badge on the trunk.  I brake boosted to let the BOV vent at the light to get his attention, he and his passenger look over and I hear him rev the motor to launch. I do the same.....

Light turned green and I jumped out about 4 car lengths, shut it down around 75 and only had about 3 cars on him by then. I gave him the thumbs up but apparently he didn't want to return the favor.  He stayed back the rest of the time until getting off the highway. The wife said all the money I'm spending on the car is worth it after that.
2013 SHO PP-91 LMS V8 tune, 3 bar, 160* thermostat

donky4444

Quote from: 96grimreaper on November 09, 2015, 10:35:26 AM
Out for a quiet Sunday drive after coming home from the parent's house, the wife and I found ourselves south of the border.  I notice a red G8 GT in front of me about 100 yards. Rolling down the highway at 60, making a couple moves to put us side by side, I noticed a couple cars approaching the intersection from the cross road. So I slowed down attempting to catch the light with the G8. Bright red, lowered, wheels, exhaust and an SCT badge on the trunk.  I brake boosted to let the BOV vent at the light to get his attention, he and his passenger look over and I hear him rev the motor to launch. I do the same.....

Light turned green and I jumped out about 4 car lengths, shut it down around 75 and only had about 3 cars on him by then. I gave him the thumbs up but apparently he didn't want to return the favor.  He stayed back the rest of the time until getting off the highway. The wife said all the money I'm spending on the car is worth it after that.

It's so fun when you know you got under their skin and hurt their pride. I always give a thumbs up even if I loose. It's about the fun and no matter what you drive, sooner or later you'll be up against something faster.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

markssho

I put the hurt on a G8 GXP several months ago. He was none to happy and did a u turn so as not to have to meet me at the next light. (On Rt.50 here in Northern Va)

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

Kyle04

Anyone else find it difficult to get people to bite against the SHO? Especially in the evenings when its getting dark i assume they see a dark colored taurus and figured its a cop. And no real way to get their attention with revving. I have had a few people at the track mentioned they seen me on the toll road on the way to the track and thought i was a cop. Must be why everyone goes 5 under the speed limit when im behind them.
2014 Ford Taurus SHO non PP - LMS 3 Bar Tune, 160 Thermostat, LMS Catted Downpipes.

FoMoCoSHO

Kyle I have the same problem.

I've also noticed douchebags in mustangs knock off their shenanigans once the SHO makes its presence known. One off the line demonstration seems to cause them to fall back and behave. Especially if they have their women with them.

SHOnUup

Presentation gentlemen...it helps

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 13, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

What a show off! But something about that Silver SHO just steals the show. I want a billet grill for mine bad lol.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Capri83RS

I always got people wanting to play right in front of the cop shop.  Doesn't matter what I was in.  Since I got the SHO, I only messed with one person, younger guy in a TSX-S that goes racing all through town, weaving in and out of traffic.  It was definitely a waste of fuel, but I still giggled like a little girl.

At least the Taurus is quiet.  The '12 GT was obnoxious at WOT.
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2013 Mustang GT Track Package w/ Recaro's
2014 Taurus SHO

ZSHO

If you want some action definetly order a custom plate thats totally different from others in your state,personally have a Nascar & Ford racing plate frame,but my cars a Ruby red though,unless you like to be portrayed as an undercover.lol  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on November 14, 2015, 02:53:18 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on November 13, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

What a show off! But something about that Silver SHO just steals the show. I want a billet grill for mine bad lol.
Haha...that's what happens when I have a few adult beverages and venture onto the ol interwebz

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: hawkeye93 on October 06, 2015, 09:22:53 AM
A week ago, on my way home from work in my Explorer, I was in the left lane when a black SUV in the right lane, which I had seen earlier in my rearview, guns it and starts pulling ahead of me by a fender.  Didn't know what it was at the time, but not one to be overtaken like that, I lay into it with my right foot.  We stayed pretty much even, me behind by a foot, until I back off at 80 (in a 45 mph zone).  He backs off right after, rolls his window down, and makes a "close" indication with his hand.  It wasn't until we both turned when I could see what he was driving, a Chevy Tailblazer SS (395 hp V8).  If I had known we were going to race at the beginning, I think I would've had him.
Must have been modified... I just toasted one of those at the track he ran a 14.1.. I even had a crappy start. Car fell on its face

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq