• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: Josephm on November 26, 2014, 10:56:07 PM
That city is going to be ROARING come 5 O'clock!!! Have fun!!

EDIT: Do you have the intake that just came out? Should report on MPG on that long flat trip, at least til you get to snoqualime.

I don't have that intake but I'm hoping to get one in the spring.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

AJP turbo

Ran into a Charger today coming home from work. I hate those Mopar's, they always think they are the baddest thing on the road. It was just an R/T so I figure a 5.7 Hemi. He was zipping in and out of traffic so he started bothering me lol....I managed to get behind him but couldn't really get around him, we were going through a construction zone so I got fed up and whipped it into the other lane that was blocked off by barrels. He saw me head over so he nailed it. I guess it wasn't really fair since I'm tuned. But the roads were wet and maybe a little slushy from the flurries we were getting. He must've hydro planed or something because he actually grazed one of the orange barrels and shot the barrel into the median lol....I wasn't going to let out, I hate those stupid Mopar's...I think he was afraid to go much over 120mph because of the weather and construction so I held to about 130mph and I knew he got the point...The awd is really sweet in these cars. He left his high beams on after I moved back in front of him. I don't know why people do that. When I get beat on the street I usually give a thumbs up..It's all in good fun for me..You win some you lose some I say
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Josephm

Airborne are you watching the game at home or in Seattle some where?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Airbornemaikai

I watched last nights whooping at home, the next time they play I will be at the game in Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

ElvenSho

Quote from: ajpturbo on November 27, 2014, 10:21:44 PM
Ran into a Charger today coming home from work. I hate those Mopar's, they always think they are the baddest thing on the road. It was just an R/T so I figure a 5.7 Hemi. He was zipping in and out of traffic so he started bothering me lol....I managed to get behind him but couldn't really get around him, we were going through a construction zone so I got fed up and whipped it into the other lane that was blocked off by barrels. He saw me head over so he nailed it. I guess it wasn't really fair since I'm tuned. But the roads were wet and maybe a little slushy from the flurries we were getting. He must've hydro planed or something because he actually grazed one of the orange barrels and shot the barrel into the median lol....I wasn't going to let out, I hate those stupid Mopar's...I think he was afraid to go much over 120mph because of the weather and construction so I held to about 130mph and I knew he got the point...The awd is really sweet in these cars. He left his high beams on after I moved back in front of him. I don't know why people do that. When I get beat on the street I usually give a thumbs up..It's all in good fun for me..You win some you lose some I say

smart idea racing in that weather... going 130mph?? damn man. I hope you don't kill yourself or someone else.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ford4thot

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. eSeSI tune

SHOnUup

Pulling out of a large mall onto a 4 lane road I found myself next to a porshe panamera turbo. Road was wide open (lights worked in our favor) and as soon as we straightened em out I could see him looking over and we both hammered down at the same time. Dead even until what I think was a bad shift when I pulled hard. Instantly let off (only up to 65) and slow to 35 mph to play around a bit and he gets over behind me and does a Michigan turn around at last second losing me. So I hit next turn around (the way I needed to go but was willing to make detour to play) and catch up easy do to the light setup and pull up next to him on the right. He then escapes via another last second turnaround. Pssst, he's suppose to be faster...i don't get it.

That's the first panamera I've seen on the roads here. To my surprise I end up behind another one ((but gtp)I think) on the way home. Weird

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

ecoboostsho

I have video of my son destroying an obviously stock one at the track.  I'm not sure what they run tuned?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOnUup

Quote from: ecoboostsho on December 23, 2014, 06:15:49 PM
I have video of my son destroying an obviously stock one at the track.  I'm not sure what they run tuned?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Me neither on the tuned aspect. This guy was special though. Definitely had some sort of awful sounding exaust and tinted windows. Came up next to me and started pacing me with little jumps to boot. So I lurched out on it once and he then flew by in heavy holiday traffic weaving off into the distance. I make a lane change before red light and find myself cruising by 3 lanes wide of 20 people deep to be in the pole position...lol...looky there, BMW lined up right next to me. Non boosted launch (to cold with full psi in tires for anymore) and I'm out 2 cars on him real fast. I let off and he proceeds to be an idiot and fly through traffic.

Rich

SHOdded

Should've just braked hard, popped open the trunk and let him stow his ride in there as he came to a stop!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on December 24, 2014, 12:17:46 PM
Should've just braked hard, popped open the trunk and let him stow his ride in there as he came to a stop!
Haaa...trunk was quite full, but I could've at least towed him...

Rich

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Josephm

Well... I had some Ford on Ford crime.... an SVT lightening felt the wrath of the soccer van. It was bad; We did a 20 roll with him in his first gear. I have a video but it is not good at all.

Found a WRX looking like a STI tuned by a local major performance shop (English Racing) he said 300hp maybe 310? We ran from a 20 roll, he fell back a car after 2nd s*** he gained to my rear tire and held there.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete