• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Do what you do responsibly.  Blowback is a b****, and distracts from the reason why 4DR set up this forum in the first place.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Quote from: SHOdded on October 18, 2014, 12:15:26 AM
Quote from: SwampRat on October 17, 2014, 09:00:42 PM
The above thread was locked by SHODDED in response to FoMoCoSHo's  post ....
MY question is Why was the thread locked ?
I'm sorry guys there is very little difference  in  " kill of the day " in terms of danger or public safety  ? ! ? !
The results of ANY accident even at say 80  or 100   is not going to be good  ...  PERIOD ....  especially on public roads

No need for people to be testing top end speeds on public roadways.  Already have this thread where the occasional competition can lead to high speed driving.  We naturally assume that drivers are exercising good judgement which is a must and a given in high speed situations. 

Many roadways though you will find normal traffic speed well in excess of posted speed limits, be they city roads or highways.  Add curves, slickness, visibility, any number of other factors, and speed is quickly proven to be relative.  Try driving in 60 mph traffic through pea soup fog in the Midwest.  I will tell you in my area, many Prius owners drive like they are in the Indy 500.  Drivers of actual high performance cars OTOH are generally sedate in traffic, heck, even when there's no traffic.  They know better than to test the twitchiness of the beast.

And the ultimate question:  why did you buy a performance vehicle, and join a performance-oriented forum, if you are not going to put the pedal to the metal on occasion?  Why do manufacturers make performance vehicles at all?  And why isn't the law shutting them down?  Germany continues to boast some of the fastest production vehicles in the world, yet they have the strictest innercity laws, AND they are slowly killing the freewheeling Autobahn.  Do they think that if people buy a fast car, they just want to pay taxes and then drive like they have an underpowered Yugo?  Human nature?  They have drugs for that!

The intended point is  SPEED kills and we all know this and  exploring the limits is the nature of beast for Motoring Enthusiast .

Most of the members ( to include myself ) if not all , are SPEED FREEKS and enjoy the adrenaline rush weather it be competing against owners of other vehicles or exploring TOP Speed of our rides  there is ALWAYS a risk of death or injury to ones self or others .

To arbitrarily decided one is more dangerous than the other and then thread locking is doing a disservice to the members here and to promote one as being acceptable and the other as being  "  unsafe " is implying that we members are irresponsible and is disingenuous at best .......
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Going wot from zero to speed limit in a friendly competition is a helluva lot different than driving 150 mph.

SHOdded

Feel free to explore away, at your own risk.  Competition is going to happen, but do you hold yourself responsible for the actions of the other driver involved, or do you walk away?  In the heat of the moment, anything goes.  Just think twice about what you put down in a post in an open forum.  Not trying to be an enthusiasm-buster.

I simply wanted to be that unwanted nagging voice in the back of the head that makes sure you do things, within limits.  My motivation is simple:  to keep you guys living and loving life LONGER, because you all are family to me.  You can come down on me all you want for speaking up, that is certainly your right.  Won't change the reality of what I said.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Josephm

I understand voicing your opinion on how unsafe it is, but locking a thread isn't necessary. Everyone here is responsible enough to own a 30,0000 dollar car, so I am sure everyone has there risk to reward established enough to know what they are posting and what can come from it.

Its not like just because you put "While it mexico", they couldn't get a hold of the data in the sync software and know 100% you were not in mexico.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOdded

30,000 dollars barely qualifies as the invoice on a family sedan these days, BTW.  But seriously, do you leave your door unlocked because a burglar is going to get in anyway?  Braver man than I.

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 18, 2014, 01:47:58 PM
Going wot from zero to speed limit in a friendly competition is a helluva lot different than driving 150 mph.

True  , but there are LOTS of other posts in this area that are saying 100 120ish and at those speeds there is little difference if the SH** hits the fan ....
And the probability of " rubbin " is much higher than single vehicle runs ....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOnUup

Bottom line here is the thread got locked by the forum. For whatever reason they state we should back this decision and enjoy the rest of the forum. This is not a big deal. Love what you have and don't fret about what you dont. May be hard to swallow as "alpha males" that this is for our own good. I fully back the decision and think we need to not question the administration's decision on this matter.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

donky4444

On a positive note, I was heading to work today and sitting a light waiting to turn right I had an STS V in front of me. He turned so I followed. I was about 3 cars lengths behind and hammered it. He took the right lane and me the left. He wanted my lane and tried but I was already on it and despite his attempt he ended up having to brake as he approached traffic and take up place behind me. It took a while but he finally got along side me and had a very surprised look on his face that his supercharged north star just got spanked.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

peppelepugh

Quote from: donky4444 on October 21, 2014, 10:23:39 PM
On a positive note, I was heading to work today and sitting a light waiting to turn right I had an STS V in front of me. He turned so I followed. I was about 3 cars lengths behind and hammered it. He took the right lane and me the left. He wanted my lane and tried but I was already on it and despite his attempt he ended up having to brake as he approached traffic and take up place behind me. It took a while but he finally got along side me and had a very surprised look on his face that his supercharged north star just got spanked.

Best Feeling EVER!!!! A guy i work with has a STS V, I know he has some sort of exhaust on it and i'm pretty sure a tune... Haven't talked to him about it yet, I'd rather just see him on the road once, show him up a bit, then start conversation. HAHAHA!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

sunwolf

Real quick here. Let's not talk about the thread that I started that got locked on a thread that we all care about. If you want to complain about something like this at least make it a separate thread so a good one like this doesn't go down.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

Took my first loss on the street today...real nice last gen cobra, dropped, wheels, fat tires, obvious pipes, and many gauges on the dash I noticed when giving him the thumbs up and he rolled down the window to accept with a nod....at least it was a stang!

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 12:28:22 PM
Took my first loss on the street today...real nice last gen cobra, dropped, wheels, fat tires, obvious pipes, and many gauges on the dash I noticed when giving him the thumbs up and he rolled down the window to accept with a nod....at least it was a stang!

Rich
Rich never feel bad,these stangs are modded as much as the Evo's and Sti's,took my first loss last winter against a modded Sti with exhaust,only had lms V7TUNE which was weak and Airaid cai.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Not done evolving the platform yet, so take heart, Rich (and Z)!