• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

I got introduced to fast cars when my dad bought his M6 and when I bought the SHO I thought that it wasn't going to be fast enough but it was the best I could afford and I liked the car. Once I found out about LMS and got my tune I realized that at the low end it could compete. The other day my mom let my brother drive the M6 for the "first time" when he was going to homecoming. I ended up next to him at a light and destroyed him. Not sure if it is because he has no idea what he is doing in that car or that mine is that much faster off the line but the SHO definitely has potential. Running at speed the M6 just walks away from the SHO still.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

wasinger3000

Well it's about a 5 min process to get an M6 into sport mode+ with launch control hah. Is it a manual or DCT?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

sunwolf

It's a 2008 M6 which has an SMG (single clutch) they didn't do a dct with the v10. Really you can set it so that you just push a button on the steering wheel and it automatically loads all sport settings (500hp sport, stiffened suspension, fastest shifting, and traction control off is how I like mine).
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

mval

guys:
since retired my sho to garage queen for shows & bought my buds '09 challenger r/t i've been telling the challenger guys to not take any of the eco 3.5's  lightly but they don't believe me. an r/t is a good kill, but curry an srt8 kill is a great kill.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOnUup

Quote from: mval on October 10, 2014, 04:12:37 PM
curry:
since retired my sho to garage queen for shows & bought my buds '09 challenger r/t i've been telling the challenger guys to not take a sho or the mks lightly but they don't believe me. an r/t is a good kill, an srt8 kill is a great kill
My buddy has a 2012 charger srt8 and will not line em up. Made the mistake of taking him for a ride after it got tuned and now he won't run em.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mval

what the challenger guys fail to realize is that the eco guys who want to line up with them have gained far more from playing with the 3.5 than they gained playing with their hemi in most cases.
the upside to the challenger is an almost unlimited aftermarket, truly amazing & of course the 2dr look.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOnUup

For sure. Livernois CAD I ran a challenger srt8 twice. First run was my first time ever lining up at the tree and had a horrible r/t  (.5 behind him) and beat him by 2 or 3 cars. He pulled up at the time slip booth and said if he had my lane he thinks he could get me. I say ok, and we switch lanes. This time we leave at the same time and I left out on him so bad I think he just lifted at the end as I was like 6 cars out at the 1/8th mile. He drove right out of the place and left.

I have video but it's bad quality.
Rich
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

skinny

Challenger and chargers are turds in the 1/4 mile everyone I have seen runs 14 and some have been in the 15. Know wonder they came out with the hellcat but for 70 thousand give me a 2013 Shelby gt500 and a used taurus sho and call it a day! I think the Shelby would outrun there hellcat
2014 sho Livernois tune stainless works downpipe no cats with stainless work cat back alloy methanol kit from Livernois airaid cold air kit 160 thermostat and map 3bar dynoed at Livernois facility 392 power with 448 torque

SwampRat

How fast can the SHO go and how fast do you dare to take it?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=3839.0;topicseen

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 16, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

My sincere hope is that many of you are embellishing your exploits. The consequences for this kind of driving on public roads are severe from best to worst case.

Jail

Losing everything you've worked to attain in life because you maim or kill someone.

Death-that's the easy part, destroying the lives of everyone who loves you, orphaning your kids, widowing your wives.....how many of you think your families would find this juvenile behavior worth losing you over?

I don't give a s*** how good of a driver you are, at those speeds everything is deadly....from Bambi crossing the road , to mechanical failure,to a patch of gravel in he wrong place.... it will be over before the words holy s*** exit your mouth. The car will not protect you at those speeds, why do you think NHRA mandates a rollbar for 11's?

Not to mention looking at our demographics, most of us aren't spring chickens anymore and our reflexes aren't what they used to be.

If you guys feel the need to drive that fast, pony up the cash and go to a sanctioned event that will let you get it out of your system in a controlled environment.

/rant.

The above thread was locked by SHODDED in response to FoMoCoSHo's  post ....

MY question is Why was the thread locked ?

I'm sorry guys there is very little difference  in  " kill of the day " in terms of danger or public safety  ? ! ? !

The results of ANY accident even at say 80  or 100   is not going to be good  ...  PERIOD ....  especially on public roads
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOnUup

Googled the words provided. After 2 pages of scrolling over the same story posted the entire time. Kid in Canada "claimed" he was going so fast and an anonymous tip went to police that got him in trouble. Thankfully mexico is cool with excessive speeds.

That being said, many variables have to be in line for me to get on the happy pedal real hard. Stay safe out there all.

Rich

SHOdded

Quote from: SwampRat on October 17, 2014, 09:00:42 PM
The above thread was locked by SHODDED in response to FoMoCoSHo's  post ....
MY question is Why was the thread locked ?
I'm sorry guys there is very little difference  in  " kill of the day " in terms of danger or public safety  ? ! ? !
The results of ANY accident even at say 80  or 100   is not going to be good  ...  PERIOD ....  especially on public roads

No need for people to be testing top end speeds on public roadways.  Already have this thread where the occasional competition can lead to high speed driving.  We naturally assume that drivers are exercising good judgement which is a must and a given in high speed situations. 

Many roadways though you will find normal traffic speed well in excess of posted speed limits, be they city roads or highways.  Add curves, slickness, visibility, any number of other factors, and speed is quickly proven to be relative.  Try driving in 60 mph traffic through pea soup fog in the Midwest.  I will tell you in my area, many Prius owners drive like they are in the Indy 500.  Drivers of actual high performance cars OTOH are generally sedate in traffic, heck, even when there's no traffic.  They know better than to test the twitchiness of the beast.

And the ultimate question:  why did you buy a performance vehicle, and join a performance-oriented forum, if you are not going to put the pedal to the metal on occasion?  Why do manufacturers make performance vehicles at all?  And why isn't the law shutting them down?  Germany continues to boast some of the fastest production vehicles in the world, yet they have the strictest innercity laws, AND they are slowly killing the freewheeling Autobahn.  Do they think that if people buy a fast car, they just want to pay taxes and then drive like they have an underpowered Yugo?  Human nature?  They have drugs for that!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOmanMike84

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

bpd1151

Manu.......

I enjoyed your quote as follows:

"I'm sure all you'd need is bpd's chin & roof spoilers + the hood pins and tires."

All accurate info & I found each of those items are all definitely necessary.

The newly built motor helps things along as well.

For some (if not most) drugs are not an option. But speed, and an occasional lining up with a competitor piloting an alternate brand/power plant is equally as exhilarating.

Thus this thread.

Stay safe everyone, and have a little fun while doing so.

Josephm

Why are all these threads getting locked? Wtf?

I understand censorship of some stuff but this is like 4th one in 2 weeks. Someone's first time with power and feels the need to exercise at any occusion? Or just first time on a forum and unaware?

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOnUup

I fully understand the locking of the how fast does it go thread. No need to have people posting Ludacris speeds and then have it try to be topped by the next. I hope "kill of the day" lives on though.

Rich