• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

I am curious which tune that SHO has,and by who? :unsure: :unsure:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Good find, curry!  For all practical purposes, the SHO wins hands-down.  Even with a 250+ lb handicap :)  If they find a cure for the acceleration curve after the 60-70 mp range for the SHO, it might be a top-end contender too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2014, 10:27:27 PM
Good find, curry!  For all practical purposes, the SHO wins hands-down.  Even with a 250+ lb handicap :)  If they find a cure for the acceleration curve after the 60-70 mp range for the SHO, it might be a top-end contender too!
Agreed, couldnt have said it better myself. It may seem like he gets over taken but they are clearly going damn near 100 and there is businesses on that street so to me it looks like the only reason is because the SHO lays off it

Also have you guys seen the talk going around? New GT most certainly in the pipeline and based off ecoboost :D
http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/racing-news/more-signs-point-to-ford-le-mans-program-and-ford-gt-revival
http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1410_future_ford_gt_first_look/
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on October 04, 2014, 12:43:03 AM
Agreed, couldnt have said it better myself. It may seem like he gets over taken but they are clearly going damn near 100 and there is businesses on that street so to me it looks like the only reason is because the SHO lays off it

Also have you guys seen the talk going around? New GT most certainly in the pipeline and based off ecoboost :D
http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/racing-news/more-signs-point-to-ford-le-mans-program-and-ford-gt-revival
http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1410_future_ford_gt_first_look/
600 HP reliably!!! That's music to the ears.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

You can see the SHO spinning those rears pretty good too.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 04, 2014, 12:53:50 AM
Quote from: Airbornemaikai on October 04, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

600 HP reliably!!! That's music to the ears.

Rich
Sweet sweet music

For those inetrested, heres a quote from one of the articles
"years ago at the launch of the Taurus SHO -- one of the first vehicles to receive the 3.5-liter EcoBoost mill -- an engineer explained that while the SHO only makes 365 hp, the engine can easily produce 600 hp and still be reliable"

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1410_future_ford_gt_first_look/#ixzz3F9LWJEru
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Engineers are conservative by nature :)  Should have asked them, "Is that 600 at the wheels?".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

I believe high 400, low 500 hp/tq would be the perfect ballpark for a reliable daily driver. With a tune, 3 Bar, plugs, downpipes, functional intake, and methanol I believe it shouldn't be too hard depending on how aggressive you tune. The methanol would help greatly in keeping the internals of the engine clean and preventing any carbon buildup all the while creating more power :D
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOnUup

FPO

Driving home ( from my last trip to Mexico :)  )
I had a Dodge challenger want to play.
I wasn't sure how it would end up, then it hit me   those things are not much lighter than my Explorer.

None the less  he felt the need to do the ricer flyby after it was said and done  :drive:

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: FPO on October 05, 2014, 10:28:00 PM
I wasn't sure how it would end up, then it hit me   those things are not much lighter than my Explorer.

None the less  he felt the need to do the ricer flyby after it was said and done  :drive:
Gotta love those aftermath flybys
What mods do you have on your sport?
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

FPO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on October 06, 2014, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: FPO on October 05, 2014, 10:28:00 PM

Gotta love those aftermath flybys
What mods do you have on your sport?

Stock right now  Just  got it.