• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

On my way home today enjoying the great weather, a cool 70* with clear skies letting the sun rain down on the sterling grey metallic paint. Great day here in Mexico. Just cruising along minding my own business and what do I hear, some boost being vented to atmosphere!!! What could this be I thought as I glance over in excitement, and it's a little itty bitty, teenie weenie, srt4 neon riding out the last bit of whatever gear he was trying to kill. It's dropped with blacked out windows, rims, exaust and all kinds of little vendor stickers. So I kick her down into manual mode and find 2nd gear real quick as we were at about a 35 roll, and give it a little jump. He follows suit and we find ourselves next to each other with the let's do this look coming from both cars. We slow to about 30 to let some traffic pull away and he jumps on it first with me to quickly follow as I could here it coming. Even with the couple tenths jump I immediately jump out hard and pull a couple cars before catching traffic (only up to 70). As the perma-grin on my face reached out to the ears I surely thought he wouldn't want more. To my surprise he comes pulling up motioning he wanted another chance. This time we go from 40 (as he was controlling this) and I leave with him this time at a higher rpm in 2nd still and get about the same result. Probably mid 20 ' s kid pulls up and gives me a thumbs up and a nod and pulls off. Not much of a kill but she was hungry,  lol.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Nice kill! There was a neon at the track that ran a 12.9 a few weeks back. But that was with a perfect launch...most of the time was mid 13s.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOnUup

Thx...felt like I was driving a bus next to that dropped little car.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

curry67

the best kills for me are the v6 mustangs and suped up civics/preludes. for some reason they think cause there exhaust makes noise that that creates mechanical force lol

Airbornemaikai

If I had a penny for every one of those.... I'd be a pennyaire!
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

Dxlnt1

Couple weeks ago, driving I-5 somewhere near Los Banos a Mustang runs up behind me. Couldnt tell if GT or not. We already pushing 80-90 mph as its open highway in middle of night. He goes around me and I let him go. Then I got the bug. Charged him and it was on. I caught him around 110 mph as we maneuver traffic. Another opening. Again I let him take lead. I spot CHP better that way. But we in and out around 120 or so. Then flat land again. This time I mash out. Side by side I walk him. When I looked I was at 140 mph when I back her down. We played a little more for about 20 miles. I needed gas and a watering hole.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOnUup

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on September 26, 2014, 09:35:24 AM
Couple weeks ago, driving I-5 somewhere near Los Banos a Mustang runs up behind me. Couldnt tell if GT or not. We already pushing 80-90 mph as its open highway in middle of night. He goes around me and I let him go. Then I got the bug. Charged him and it was on. I caught him around 110 mph as we maneuver traffic. Another opening. Again I let him take lead. I spot CHP better that way. But we in and out around 120 or so. Then flat land again. This time I mash out. Side by side I walk him. When I looked I was at 140 mph when I back her down. We played a little more for about 20 miles. I needed gas and a watering hole.
Nice. Is it just me or do you guys really like mustang drivers? Idk but to me they seem like the only ones that are always down, and at least worth your time, not some crap ricer with a horrible reckless driver
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

wasinger3000

Coming from a mustang I would say yes lol. But if you drive a mustang everyone and there dog thinks they are a drag master and every stop light is a 1/4 race lol.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 27, 2014, 04:14:19 AM
Coming from a mustang I would say yes lol. But if you drive a mustang everyone and there dog thinks they are a drag master and every stop light is a 1/4 race lol.
Only in the late 80's they were,at 225 PONY'S.LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Ran a mercedes coupe of some sort last night on eway. Reeled him in after he tried to do a fly by. My buddy said it was a 6 series, gonna have to look into it because  I don't think the SHO should reel him in at a 140.

Then destroyed a last gen cobra shortly after. Stories to come after another long day ahead at the church and another funeral. Rough week that the forces to be let me blow off some steam last night.

SHOdded

Condolences & sympathies to the family of the deceased, SHOnUup.

ZSHO

SHOnUup hope everything is well and good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|