• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

Quote from: BDayks on August 24, 2014, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on August 18, 2014, 08:33:24 PM
Why is it always the guy with the slowest car drives the fastest through the parking lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol!
Its the only time they can feel fast passing all those parked cars

I had a good one about 2 weeks ago , I was coming home from a a great camping trip and I was towing my SO's pop up trailer. I know! if wanted to tow I should have gotten a truck, anyway I was driving doing about 75-80 (kph) just cruising and I hear a loud exhaust coming from the right side (on ramp) and I see this blacked out Merc it was a V8 just by the sound he had but I couldn't tell what it was debadged it but I would say  2002-03 c class. he pulls up beside me windows down with his SO looks over at me and just floors it!, I guess he wanted me to hear his sweet sounding exhaust  :dunno:. so against my better judgement I give it, both of us going full throttle and trailer in tow ! I start to creep up on him to the point of passing him and I look over and see his GF laughing and pointing at the trailer. This guy must have been so embarrassed apparently his GF gave my GF thumbs up. I would have loved to dust him with no trailer and tune but it was fun completely embarrassing him.

Now that's a kill!
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

So I think I got my favorite kill yesterday!  I was traveling home after another long day in the finance world, with one goal in mind..... GET HOME!!  I was traveling down the interstate with the windows down, sunroof open, and radio blasting all my trouble away.  As I am traveling in the fast lane, I look over and see a BEAUTIFUL Black 2012 BMW M3 Sedan (4.0L V8 with 414hp, and 298ft lb of torque) come flying up the on ramp and take 3 lanes over to the fast lane and squeezes between a 18 wheeler, and another car to get in "front" of the line of cars.... So I said to my self, "Self, now there if a good opponent"  So I kicked it down and passed 3 cars, and squeezed through that same gap (now much smaller) and I get right behind him.  He looks in his mirrors and makes sure I am not the fuzz.... he finds out that I am not, and he starts blipping his throttle and lunging his car forward.... I follow suit, and toss it down into paddle shift mode and give it a couple blips to let him know I am game.  The car in front of him will not get out of the fast lane, so as soon as the next lane over is clear he kicks it down and cuts into the next lane over and I follow suit.  We are now doing an easy 90mph.  He then gets behind another slow mini van and gets probably about 6-8 inches from their bumper and starts blipping his throttle and lunging toward their bumper... (douche bag move)  the van moves over and he kicks it down and passes the van under full throttle from a 70mph roll, as I am still in paddle shift mode and have kept pace the whole time..... he then keeps in the throttle and moves over to give us a side by side fun time.... he never let out of the throttle as I saw that lovely black cloud coming out of his exhaust letting me know that he is all in..... I was in 3rd gear and was pushing the throttle through the floor board.  Windows still down, wind screaming through the car as we passed 100mph.... I look down and see RPMs up to 6500.... with a flip of the paddle, I kick it into 4th gear and start reeling him in... quickly.... as I pass the 130 mph mark I look over at him and give him a big grin, as he literally has his mouth wide open in disbelief.... I was around him at 140mph, and walking away very quickly at this point.  He never did try and get up next to me, even though I had taken it down to 60mph... he stayed back in traffic so he didn't have to face me.... made my week.... HECK! That made my month! :-)
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

peppelepugh

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 29, 2014, 10:47:41 AM
So I think I got my favorite kill yesterday!  I was traveling home after another long day in the finance world, with one goal in mind..... GET HOME!!  I was traveling down the interstate with the windows down, sunroof open, and radio blasting all my trouble away.  As I am traveling in the fast lane, I look over and see a BEAUTIFUL Black 2012 BMW M3 Sedan (4.0L V8 with 414hp, and 298ft lb of torque) come flying up the on ramp and take 3 lanes over to the fast lane and squeezes between a 18 wheeler, and another car to get in "front" of the line of cars.... So I said to my self, "Self, now there if a good opponent"  So I kicked it down and passed 3 cars, and squeezed through that same gap (now much smaller) and I get right behind him.  He looks in his mirrors and makes sure I am not the fuzz.... he finds out that I am not, and he starts blipping his throttle and lunging his car forward.... I follow suit, and toss it down into paddle shift mode and give it a couple blips to let him know I am game.  The car in front of him will not get out of the fast lane, so as soon as the next lane over is clear he kicks it down and cuts into the next lane over and I follow suit.  We are now doing an easy 90mph.  He then gets behind another slow mini van and gets probably about 6-8 inches from their bumper and starts blipping his throttle and lunging toward their bumper... (douche bag move)  the van moves over and he kicks it down and passes the van under full throttle from a 70mph roll, as I am still in paddle shift mode and have kept pace the whole time..... he then keeps in the throttle and moves over to give us a side by side fun time.... he never let out of the throttle as I saw that lovely black cloud coming out of his exhaust letting me know that he is all in..... I was in 3rd gear and was pushing the throttle through the floor board.  Windows still down, wind screaming through the car as we passed 100mph.... I look down and see RPMs up to 6500.... with a flip of the paddle, I kick it into 4th gear and start reeling him in... quickly.... as I pass the 130 mph mark I look over at him and give him a big grin, as he literally has his mouth wide open in disbelief.... I was around him at 140mph, and walking away very quickly at this point.  He never did try and get up next to me, even though I had taken it down to 60mph... he stayed back in traffic so he didn't have to face me.... made my week.... HECK! That made my month! :-)

HAHAHAHA EPIC!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOnUup

You might need to just start recording these rides home!!!
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 29, 2014, 04:26:35 PM
funny thing is, I was trying to get my phone out and start recording but decided it wasn't the best idea to do that while trying to paddle shift and drive at 140+ mph.... I will be ready today.... I am also going to the drag strip tonight to try and set a personal best. Results to come.
UPDATE
Track session didn't go so well...
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=3602.0
Another disappointment at the track...
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 29, 2014, 05:36:28 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 29, 2014, 04:26:35 PM
funny thing is, I was trying to get my phone out and start recording but decided it wasn't the best idea to do that while trying to paddle shift and drive at 140+ mph.... I will be ready today.... I am also going to the drag strip tonight to try and set a personal best. Results to come.
Good luck on the P.B.

peppelepugh

Late 90s M3 with a total college BRO driving. I pulled up next to him around 35mph, kept bumpers in line and just kept pace. I heard him drop a gear, so i just floored it.... needless to say he looked over at me at the red light as I just had a big ole grin.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

FoMoCoSHO

Took down a coyote powered mustang at the strip Thursday night.

scap99

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 21, 2014, 02:03:48 PM
Took down a coyote powered mustang at the strip Thursday night.

Nothing quite like varmint hunting. ;)

Airbornemaikai

Its not a SHO but no one ever expects my sport to destroy them, that is until they do indeed get killed. Just obliterated this dodge dart with some fart can and body mods on it while he had his gf riding shotgun. he pulled up to me at the red light on the road to my house that is 50, he starts gassing it, light turns green and I punch it, by the time I hit 50 im 1 1/2 car lengths in front of him, but the clown continues to floor it till hes going at least 60 just to pass me. I think he actually believes that since he finally passed me as I stopped gassing it at the speed limit he blew my doors off.
That's not as bad as when I let my wife drive it on the strip downtown the other weekend and she smoked 2 crotch rockets a Transam and a stage 2 sti, these kids standing on the corner were saying they were gonna post the vid on youtube, although I have not been able to find it
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

Silkysmooth02

I rarely ever get anyone to race me....either they think I'm joking or they know exactly what the MKS is capable of :( 

So far:
Coworker with a 02 wrx with a STI motor swap
Coworker with a 3valve mustang gt (07 I believe?)
Multiple 5.7 Hemi powered vehicles from a dig
Last and my favorite was my dad's Mercedes e500, he looked heart broken, lol.
If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: Silkysmooth02 on September 22, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
I rarely ever get anyone to race me....either they think I'm joking or they know exactly what the MKS is capable of :( 

So far:
Coworker with a 02 wrx with a STI motor swap
Coworker with a 3valve mustang gt (07 I believe?)
Multiple 5.7 Hemi powered vehicles from a dig
Last and my favorite was my dad's Mercedes e500, he looked heart broken, lol.

I like your quote at the end of your signature. I was taught 2nd place is the 1st loser.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

Silkysmooth02

If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.