• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on August 10, 2014, 01:00:52 AM
Had a newer GTI with a tune, intake and exhaust pull up next to me and blow off some boost. So I decided to play. We lined up on 3 stop lights. First 2 neither of us brake boosted and I beat him by 2 car lengths. 3rd one we both boosted and blew his doors off before he could get off the line. Got a thumbs up from him hah.

Love being in a city I can find people to race.
Beating all these cars lately,they should call you TORNADO SHO lol,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-TYM

So, I had a really odd day yesterday.  I worked a long and hard day in the finance world, and was looking forward to just getting home.  I punch out and hop in the SHO and breathe a huge sigh, as I know I have a 2 hour drive home.  So I pull out of work and chirp 2nd... now I am already feeling better.  I get down the road and decide to stop in to get a K&N drop in filter for my factory intake.  The person behind the counter complimented me on my SHO, and said they have seen it before and they wish they could have it.  I then leave there because they don't have my filter.  I get down the road another 10 minutes, and there is a really clean Lexus SC400 with the 4.0 Liter V8.  Lowered, exhaust, intake.  I see him up ahead and decided to see if I could "get the fish on the hook".  So he is rolling all cool, and chill with his windows down and left hand up on the steering wheel like he is a true G Cat...... so I slowly roll by him, and then give it a little gas to make my obnoxiously loud, non muffler, bark out some noise.  I look in my mirror and sure enough, he cuts over into my lane, and gets behind me.... FISH ON...... I get in the left lane and let him creep up next to me.  He doesn't even look over, but gets right next to me and gives it a little gas to let me hear his sweet sounding V8... literally it sounded great... I then get behind him and he gives it all it's got.... I push the pedal just enough to keep pace.  I then pull up on his left and he says "that's all I got bro".  I said "hey man, it doesn't have to be fast as long as it sounds good right??" (hidden insult) The "fish" is now offended and says, "you wanna go?"  My "fish" had swollowed the bait whole.....  The road opened up into a glorious 4 lane, no traffic situation for over 1/2 a mile.  I gave him the nod that I was down for a little sprint down the road.  I give him the ole 1, 2, 3 honk, and we hammer down.  I hear his V8 roar to life with surprising torque at 35 mph.  He got me by a car length on the jump due to my lovely automatic transmission (Didn't want to bother with paddles).  I hear the SWISH of my turbos spooling up and my head slams into the headrest as it kicks down into 1st gear with a nice 4 tire chirp, I reel in my fish with utter ease and bark all 4 tires going to 2nd right at his window and then I passed him by like I was on a Sunday stroll... I let out at 100, as he comes up next to me and says "what the **** is that???" I then use my favorite line "It's just a Taurus"  and he said "BS" as he held his phone up, "I was googling what "SHO" was before we got to racing."  I then said "I guess you didn't get far into reading about it because you still raced me....." He laughed and we parted ways.  I was then at the interstate to take my route home.  As I get onto the interstate I was excited and quickly got up to "my speed limit" and set cruise control.  I see in my mirror about 10 minutes later a white BMW 528I, take two lanes over from the fast lane, and comes up the "slow" lane.  He stops about a car length behind me and 2 lanes over, and I look back and he is videoing the SHO.... lol I give it a good kick down, and do a lane shift, and take it up to 120 before backing it down.  He then pulls up next to me and tells me to roll down my window, "That is one bad Son of a Bitc*!!"  I said "thanks man" He then asks if he can get a closer video of me taking off..... keep in mind we are still doing 70 down the interstate while having a conversation..... So I say why not?  so I give him a 70-130 run as he was trying to keep up.... VERY unsucceful I might add.  He took pictures and video for the next 3-5 miles.  Kinda creepy.  But that was my eventful ride home after a TERRIBLE day in the office.  Always count on the SHO to bring a smile to my face, and a jaw dropping experience to all who watch it go! Hope you enjoyed the read.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

You just put a smile on my face. Thank you kind sir for the great write up!!!!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

donky4444

Now that is how you end a bad day.  Any day for that matter but what a way to make a bad day right.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Picking up my daughter the other night from work I had a young fellow pull up beside me in a very new Altima Coupe. Big system in this thing, buddy with his girlfriend in his car beside me and looks over and laughs. Hmmm really you are stupid. No brake boosting needed, completely destroyed him 2 cars pretty much just through the intersection. Funny at the next light his windows were up and I couldn't hear his stereo anymore. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

panther427

2013 SHO

SHOnUup

Quieted the onlookers quite easily !!!

We need a running list or something to keep track of the conquests "kills"!

jayskycj

I'd like to roll with a pack of SHO's one Saturday just to rack up some kills amongst the locals. We should all dress like Jonny Knoxville in Bad Grandpa then just Merc those biatches!
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

ShoBoat

^^ lol!
It must be the weather. I'm on my way home and on my bumper is a 300 (newest body style looked like an SRT from the front). So I think cool finally something more worthy. So for a little ways the road is only 2 lanes. This guy is right on my bumper, I can barely see his headlights. But the area we are driving through is residential. I won't budge, 5 over the speed limit is all I am willing.  The road opens up to 4 lanes and now in industrial and no traffic. 1st light after the split it's red. He pulls up beside me and it's not an SRT. Damn it! Is a 300S. Again buddy thinks he's all badass with his girlfriend in the car. He even throws it in neutral and revs the crap out if it. No traffic in sight. What a complete waste of time lol. I didn't need 3rd gear to embarrass him (badly). What are these people thinking??

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

Why is it always the guy with the slowest car drives the fastest through the parking lot?

SHOnUup

donky4444

Out on Woodward Saturday we were rolling next to. Last gen GTO with the 6.0L in it. My buddy was trying to bait him in but he just laughed us off. I dropped back a bit and then ran up along side him, letting off with my hood right by his open window. Once he heard the blow off he smiles and said "you have boost" and now he wanted to play. We went from a roll at about 30 and he looked worried that I was pulling on him. Being that there were so many cops I let off at 60. He kept in it for a few seconds then slowed back down to talk. He asked if I was afraid. We said let's find a light and run from a stop, he wanted to me run it out with him saying he had hit 105 earlier. No way was I doing that. Driving like that in a 50mph zone during the cruise is just asking to get arrested. It's guys like him that give the event a bad name. Cops are pretty good with stop light races if you let off around the speed limit and don't light up the tires or get sideways. I let him take off and looked for my next victim. I also got a charger R/T (easy stuff), challenger SRT, an Infinit M37x and a few 4.6 Mustangs. It was a good time for sure.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ShoBoat

Yup, people can be stupid about it. There was another bad accident over the weekend here. Kid died running his Honda into a pole racing another kid in a Honda down a busy street. There is a time and place, it's one of the reasons I like to go to the track often. No cops and no excuses! But accelerating to the speed limit quickly never gets old in the SHO, that's where it really shines.

BDayks

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 18, 2014, 08:33:24 PM
Why is it always the guy with the slowest car drives the fastest through the parking lot?

lol!
Its the only time they can feel fast passing all those parked cars

I had a good one about 2 weeks ago , I was coming home from a a great camping trip and I was towing my SO's pop up trailer. I know! if wanted to tow I should have gotten a truck, anyway I was driving doing about 75-80 (kph) just cruising and I hear a loud exhaust coming from the right side (on ramp) and I see this blacked out Merc it was a V8 just by the sound he had but I couldn't tell what it was debadged it but I would say  2002-03 c class. he pulls up beside me windows down with his SO looks over at me and just floors it!, I guess he wanted me to hear his sweet sounding exhaust  :dunno:. so against my better judgement I give it, both of us going full throttle and trailer in tow ! I start to creep up on him to the point of passing him and I look over and see his GF laughing and pointing at the trailer. This guy must have been so embarrassed apparently his GF gave my GF thumbs up. I would have loved to dust him with no trailer and tune but it was fun completely embarrassing him.