• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Kill is a kill, sometimes the roadways clear and it becomes justifiable for principles sake...lol
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Lately there are so many undercover tauruses in my area,especially black,cant find nobody to race me????Dead give away is that antenna mounted in the middle of the trunk.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Had a newer mustang gt and camaro ss next to us yesterday with both of them instigating a run....wife driving and kids in tow...go figure
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Brucelinc

On my way to work this morning I was stopped at a red light and a black Cadillac CTS pulled up beside me.  I couldn't tell if it was a V series from the side view but I hoped it was not.   I don't care to be embarrassed first thing in the morning...  :no:

I decided to see if he would make the first move so when the light turned green, I just took off gently and we stayed side by side accelerating slowing until about 25 MPH. At that point, I saw his front end rise out of the corner of my eye and the CTS began to accelerate.  When my foot went to the floor, my car downshifted to 1st gear giving me a very rewarding tire squeal. (Very cool!)  By the time my car shifted to 2nd and I got another nice tire chirp, I was about 2 lengths ahead.   I slowed down to let him pass so I could see his car better and it had the "3.6" emblem on the back.  He never made eye contact with me.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

WickedSHO

First kill I have had since I owned the car.

Last night on my way home from doing some vacation shopping, I was sitting at a red light, happened to be the first car there. I see in my side mirror a car pull out of line from a few cars back, as it is pulling next to me I see it is an Infiniti G37S...Not to shabby....The street I was on, goes from a two lane to one lane. So the light turns green and I rolled into it, nothing out of the norm. When the guy realized I wasn't budging, he got into it, well so did I, foot to the floor, the SHO ate him up! The rest of the wat done the street he was on my A**.....Got to anoter red light and I could see him behind me trying to figure out what it was that just eat him up and spit him out! I think his pride was hurt that a Ford just whooped his Infiniti.

I felt good about my first kill so far....
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
Stiffer suspension, less sound deadening is why it feels so fast. You are used to our quiet comfortable SHO cocoon.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but have to agree with the rest of you on this. It's so funny how true that is. I'll be cruising along, and I'll be dammed if I'm not rounding out 90 mph, and like, holy s***!
But the acceleration is still noticeably brutal. It's funny how relative speed is, based on factors like suspension, vehicle size, noise, and raucousness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

ecoboostsho

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on August 06, 2014, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
Stiffer suspension, less sound deadening is why it feels so fast. You are used to our quiet comfortable SHO cocoon.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but have to agree with the rest of you on this. It's so funny how true that is. I'll be cruising along, and I'll be dammed if I'm not rounding out 90 mph, and like, holy s***!
But the acceleration is still noticeably brutal. It's funny how relative speed is, based on factors like suspension, vehicle size, noise, and raucousness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Totally agree...I lined up against what I believe was a LT1 Fbody-Trans Am (If it was a LS1 something was wrong with it) and it was actually a very nicely maintained car...had an awesome loud V8 sounding exhaust and a giant hood scoop and looked racy as hell.  I thought I was going to get killed but went for it anyway.  Had him by 2 or 3 car lengths when we shut down.  Car seat was still in the back.  Priceless look on dude's face...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

Look out for David Hasselhoff knocking down your door at midnight :D

wasinger3000

Just raced a 2014 wrx sti. Roll and dig. Won by several car lengths both times. Especially on dig. Stopped at 90.

Second race for the night was a newly purchased 13 focus st. Destroyed him on both a roll and dig.

The sho is just racking up kills left and right in colo right now.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Little did they know ... the SHO is like Johnny on WKRP ... faster when it's drinkin' ;)

wasinger3000

Had a newer GTI with a tune, intake and exhaust pull up next to me and blow off some boost. So I decided to play. We lined up on 3 stop lights. First 2 neither of us brake boosted and I beat him by 2 car lengths. 3rd one we both boosted and blew his doors off before he could get off the line. Got a thumbs up from him hah.

Love being in a city I can find people to race.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup