• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Josephm

From a roll, those things are impressive. Good kill
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Kolk1

Early saturday morning on the way to work, I ran a new 2013 body style WRX Sti 3 times on the highway. Put 2-3 cars on him each time. No idea what was done to it, besides the obvious exhaust and window tint.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Nice kills...this thread always brings a smile to my face.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Kolk1

Little update, the kid found me on facebook at 1am this morning. Not sure whats done to his still, but he seems like a nice guy. Said it was recently dyno tuned and did 310whp and 360wtq, and when I told him my mods, he basically said "no way that's it, how come I cant keep up with you?" Even though he even pointed out, "those huge cars are only 365 crank stock, WTH??"

Im not sure what a stock STi dynoes, but ill look more into it later.

I found a thread where a guy has been doing step by step dyno results for his 2012 Sti, so the kid I raced must have more done than this guy if hes really 320hp/360tq

Car: 2012, STi
Tuner: Lance
Transmission: 6spd stock
Peak HP at RPM: 301
Peak Torque at RPM: 339
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: 263 WTQ, 256 WHP, 2.5L STi
Target Boost: 18
Target AFR:
Fuel: 92 octane
Engine/Power Modifications: COBB CF Air Box, COBB DP
Driveline Modifications:Stock
Suspension Modifications: Stock

Stage 2 numbers
339 WTQ
301 WHP

Stage 1 numbers
319 WTQ
283 WHP

Stock numbers
263 WTQ
256 WHP

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

AlaskaEcoboost

This thread cracks me up. I've read most of them. I'll come clean though, it took me three different "in Mexico" posts to catch on. At first I was thinking, "why the hell are all these guys racing in Mexico." Then I felt pretty damn stupid. There's a personally embarrassing one for you.
2010 Lincoln MKS - 90 Octane Unleashed Tune (terrible gas in Alaska) - SP534 Plugs - Custom Exhaust - My wife's

2011 F-150 - AEM Air Filter - 5 Star 89 Octane Performance/Tow Tune - SP534 Plugs - My wife's too

SHOnUup

Quote from: AlaskaEcoboost on August 03, 2014, 05:56:25 AM
This thread cracks me up. I've read most of them. I'll come clean though, it took me three different "in Mexico" posts to catch on. At first I was thinking, "why the hell are all these guys racing in Mexico." Then I felt pretty damn stupid. There's a personally embarrassing one for you.
Lol...as I read through the first time, I asked myself if this was some new fad to go race in Mexico or what too.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

11BLKFX4EB

And I was always a little nervous to run my buddies WRX STi. He has a tune and exhaust. Car seemed fast when I went for a ride. Guess we will have to find out now....
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

FoMoCoSHO

Stiffer suspension, less sound deadening is why it feels so fast. You are used to our quiet comfortable SHO cocoon.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
Stiffer suspension, less sound deadening is why it feels so fast. You are used to our quiet comfortable SHO cocoon.

Very true statement.  I always am going well above the speed limit due to the fact of this car being so smooth, and quiet even at 90-95mph.  Hence the reason I purchased the Valentine One Radar unit.  Worth every penny.  Saved me 4 tickets this month.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

ZSHO

My car with the V8 LMS tune would always ripout and chirp in 2nd,but with the DP and Exhaust its hard to keep track,LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Kolk1

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 05, 2014, 10:25:43 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

Very true statement.  I always am going well above the speed limit due to the fact of this car being so smooth, and quiet even at 90-95mph.  Hence the reason I purchased the Valentine One Radar unit.  Worth every penny.  Saved me 4 tickets this month.

Everybody seems shocked when I say I driver the SHO a lot faster than my corvette. The corvette feels a lot faster so I end up only cruising at 65 or so, where with the SHO im typically 75.

68_GT

I ran down and embarrassed a GT Mustang that was weaving traffic. Then he exited lol

It was an about an '05 body style with the probably a 3V 4.6 with at least exhaust. Sounded good but from 80 to 130 I cruised on by him pretty easily.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler