• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010SHOtime

Quote from: jayskycj on July 11, 2014, 09:16:38 PM
These stories never get old. As soon as I swap my tune out for a 3bar map version I'm sure I will have more stories to share! You know, I find it difficult to get into races, either they are scared or just think its a boring Taurus and don't seem interested.

I can't seem to find anyone to play either! People are either thinking I'm a cop or they don't know what it is and don't want to bother but man do I love when they bite and see my tail lights all the way down! :)
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

jayskycj

Isn't that the truth! One reason I like my intake, I hit the gas when next to someone with their windows down so they can hear the turbos. Probably scares them off lol.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

wasinger3000

What kind of 0-60 are you guys seeing? I'm not sure if my car is close or if it's just me thinking it's slower.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 11, 2014, 11:12:51 PM
What kind of 0-60 are you guys seeing? I'm not sure if my car is close or if it's just me thinking it's slower.
Will have some of this data tomorrow. It feels strong though.
Just noticed some blackening on seams of both the mufflers today that doesn't look good though.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 11, 2014, 11:21:47 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 11, 2014, 11:12:51 PM
Will have some of this data tomorrow. It feels strong though.
Just noticed some blackening on seams of both the mufflers today that doesn't look good though.

That's normal. It's from the car running richer.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Weird that the tips don't get that bad. I mean there's some there but not much at all. Stinks that I had torque running for first time today and was on way to get mount when encountering the vette (in mexico)...under WOT later(mounted tablet), saw -4 knock (think that's a good sign)
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 11, 2014, 11:35:40 PM
Weird that the tips don't get that bad. I mean there's some there but not much at all. Stinks that I had torque running for first time today and was on way to get mount when encountering the vette (in mexico)...under WOT later(mounted tablet), saw -4 knock (think that's a good sign)
Yeah negative is always a good sign. I just did a run and pulled +4.5 which must mean I don't have enough corn mix in on the other half of the tank. :(

SHOnUup

That fuel mixing sounds touchy for sure. Only having the SHO a few months now, I'm not gonna try that until other mods have been added. Most knock I saw at anytime yesterday was a +1 that I had to do some erratic pedal pushing while coasting to get.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 12, 2014, 10:32:34 AM
That fuel mixing sounds touchy for sure. Only having the SHO a few months now, I'm not gonna try that until other mods have been added. Most knock I saw at anytime yesterday was a +1 that I had to do some erratic pedal pushing while coasting to get.
I wouldn't have any knock if it wasn't tuned for e30.

SHOnUup

Gonna have to say the tablet must be a good luck charm, every time I visit mexico, and had a nice little run next to a mercedes ml63 amg today...Pulled up to light with thick traffic behind and a ctsv right on my a$$, but open Mexican roadway ahead. Pull out a little on the throttle and no play from the caddy, but said mercedes hidden a couple lanes left of me, takes off hard!!!! No idea what it was until I pulled up at next light with him being stopped (he took off hard from first light not letting off) already and me not chasing him all crazy. I didn't even get to stop as I was coming in sort of quick hoping to get staged up. No such luck, as he jumped out 2 cars as I was braking still. As I hammer down the SHO leaps out chirping the tires hard and the 2 cars begins to shrink ever so slowly. Gained half a car on the initial cars given in uneven takeoff. As I pull up next to the older gentleman he is staring over as to see what the hell is that. That little suv/sports ride is fast!!!

shoman04

DON'T TELL MsSHOman, But today (the 1st she let me drive it) I had to go SPANK a Audi A4 with 3 riders in it. Me in her 1.6L/EB ESCAPE. I'm at the light for a very long/wide bridge over the expressway. A Audi A4 with black out look, lower ride, and loud pipe, roll-up on me and I ASK WHAT YR HIS A4/ IT LOOKED GOOD. The light went GREEN and I went to 2000rpm as he hammer down at about 3-4000rpm and got a lot of noisy but only had the front wheel in front of my bumper and I PUT THE HAMMER DOWN and 300ft later I'm a car length in front him. Before I tune on the freeway. 1.6L EB vs A4  1 TO 0 lol.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SHOnUup

As we spent our night without kids jumping back and forth from Verizon store to Verizon store trying to fix the wife's 5 week old S 5 that suddenly quit making calls out of nowhere. We were strangely detoured into Mexico where this guy pulls out in front of us, as we sat at light, spinning his tires and exercising the sound of his pipes. No fishing needed as this guy was eyeing us. Promptly catch him 2 lights down and we're both lined up at light. I barely got stopped and light turns, he jumps out at least a car, no boost take off after waking from my small nap at the light and the SHO pulls on em hard with me letting off after a car length was gained(seeing coming light was red) and he sort of sails up next to us grinning to next light. Look over at the lovely lady and she's all smiles saying he got the jump on us. Quickly comforted her by saying that won't happen again as the light turned green and rpm's were at 2100, screamed away from line on boost taking at least 4-5 car advantage as we chirp em hard into second. I instantly let off and slow down as moron flies bye weaving through traffic. This pic is at next light where guy in truck next to him was about to scuffle with him.

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOnUup

How bad we pulled on him made me say why risk the ticket...but he asked for it!!! Lol

Txstrmhntr

On my way home from working night shift(in Mexico) this AM. Half asleep blaring some tunes, same ol routine drive. Notice a little movement through the traffic up ahead. Its a little mazda. I get a chance to catch up and turns out its a newer MS3. I get next to him in line at a light we give each other a thumbs up for the nice rides, I could tell he wanted to run as much as I did but the roads were just to congested. A couple miles go by and I swing around an 18 wheeler and the car infront of me clears the lane. Lo and Behold in the middle of Monday morning madness there is at least a 3/4th mile gap in both lanes between traffic. I knew then it was destined, the whole world slowed down and made room for these two modern day chariots to face off in an epic battle. I slid over a lane and he instantly accelerated up alongside and matched pace. 1,2,3.... And off we went!(from roughly a 60 roll) It was dead heat for the first 10-15mph or so... Then he slowly started fading back. By the time we had run out of real estate. I was a good couple car lengths up on him. We both slowed up and I gave him the thumbs up for the good run, he returned the same followed by an "Im not worthy" bow. Definitely made my morning though :smile:

No clue what or if he had done anything to that MS3, but those little things are pretty quick! He definitely held his own!
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)