• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayskycj

I got called out by a high school kid in a 2012 civic si.  Told him to saddle up and lets do some hits from 30mph and at least one from a standstill.  So we went to Mexico and were cruising at 30, I honked three times and off we go!  Whats that?  Your're up half a car length on me?  Ok better push the pedal all the way down instead of half way.  Wanted to give the kid some hope.  So the turbo's spooled up and I blew past him like he was in a, well, civic lol.  We came to a stop and he asked me if my car had a turbo.  I said no, it has two!  He still wanted some but from a stand still.  We lined up, I held my RPM's at 2,000, and Houston we have lift-off!  It reminded me of the killing the guys on Street Outlaws do when one of them loses traction and the other hooks up and takes him by 10 car lengths.  Needless to say it was a fun educational moment for the poor kid!
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Love it...class is now over, hop out of the civic and walk home.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

twnscrw13

Quote from: jayskycj on July 10, 2014, 08:21:30 PM
I got called out by a high school kid in a 2012 civic si.  Told him to saddle up and lets do some hits from 30mph and at least one from a standstill.  So we went to Mexico and were cruising at 30, I honked three times and off we go!  Whats that?  Your're up half a car length on me?  Ok better push the pedal all the way down instead of half way.  Wanted to give the kid some hope.  So the turbo's spooled up and I blew past him like he was in a, well, civic lol.  We came to a stop and he asked me if my car had a turbo.  I said no, it has two!  He still wanted some but from a stand still.  We lined up, I held my RPM's at 2,000, and Houston we have lift-off!  It reminded me of the killing the guys on Street Outlaws do when one of them loses traction and the other hooks up and takes him by 10 car lengths.  Needless to say it was a fun educational moment for the poor kid!

I went from a civic si to the SHO. There is no comparison in power. Mind you I enjoyed the Civic but the SHO would just eat it for breakfast.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

wasinger3000

I had a civic si pull up next to me at the light while i was in the turning lane.. i gave it just a little creep forward to get his attention since he was tooling around like a bro. Once the light turned he displayed a unimpressive failure of traction and to my left on the other side of the intersection was a cop.... hah. Should of seen the look on his face. Priceless.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Josephm

Quote from: jayskycj on July 10, 2014, 08:21:30 PM
I got called out by a high school kid in a 2012 civic si. 

Poor civic must of been drunk...
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

steve142857

I meant to write this one a few weeks ago, but yesterday, I met that guy that I had raced in April again... And we did a rematch!
We are in Mexico for sure.
In April, I was at a gas station and I see a guy coming out of his Porsche 911 Turbo white with black stripes. A beauty (the car not the guy lol!). I asked him if he liked his car, if it was fast and he told me yes and yes. Plus he told me it was tuned and had about 650HP. Cool! I said I had a less pretigious car, but if he didn't mind, I'd like to see what I could do against him at a red light. The guy was a player and he accepted. We got out of the station and lined up at the stop sign. He asked me to leave when I was ready... Lol he was not expecting that! Twin turbos with no lag, 0-60 in less than 4 seconds... His Porsche is potentially fast, but it has a lag and it is standard... I let go at 60 and we lined up again at the second stop (boulevard). He told be F--k!!! We did it a few times and honestly, I was right beside him the whole time until 80-90... then I was letting it go. After that he would pull on me, but on a boulevard, even in Mexico, it was fast enough.
Yesterday, I was with my brother-in-law (who is Mexican for real!) and I saw that same guy again on the same boulevard, woohoo! I was giving a ride to my bro-in-law, so I made a U-turn.
The guy was with two pretty girls and he told me that he was talking about my car to the girls 20 minutes before, so what a coincidence! I asked him if he minded to race again so that I could show my bro-in-law a real race, no problem he said...
Exact same scenario as the first time!
So, basically, his car has more power, but he is not the best driver in town. At launch I have him, he catches me back, but then he shifts and my car pulls ahead, he goes in front and then shifts again... Not that bad, but he told me that his next would be auto double clutch! Lol!
I love when people are not pretencious and like to play a bit. 2 thumbs up for his car, one thumb up for him!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

donky4444

Quote from: steve142857 on July 11, 2014, 10:39:24 AM
I meant to write this one a few weeks ago, but yesterday, I met that guy that I had raced in April again... And we did a rematch!
We are in Mexico for sure.
In April, I was at a gas station and I see a guy coming out of his Porsche 911 Turbo white with black stripes. A beauty (the car not the guy lol!). I asked him if he liked his car, if it was fast and he told me yes and yes. Plus he told me it was tuned and had about 650HP. Cool! I said I had a less pretigious car, but if he didn't mind, I'd like to see what I could do against him at a red light. The guy was a player and he accepted. We got out of the station and lined up at the stop sign. He asked me to leave when I was ready... Lol he was not expecting that! Twin turbos with no lag, 0-60 in less than 4 seconds... His Porsche is potentially fast, but it has a lag and it is standard... I let go at 60 and we lined up again at the second stop (boulevard). He told be F--k!!! We did it a few times and honestly, I was right beside him the whole time until 80-90... then I was letting it go. After that he would pull on me, but on a boulevard, even in Mexico, it was fast enough.
Yesterday, I was with my brother-in-law (who is Mexican for real!) and I saw that same guy again on the same boulevard, woohoo! I was giving a ride to my bro-in-law, so I made a U-turn.
The guy was with two pretty girls and he told me that he was talking about my car to the girls 20 minutes before, so what a coincidence! I asked him if he minded to race again so that I could show my bro-in-law a real race, no problem he said...
Exact same scenario as the first time!
So, basically, his car has more power, but he is not the best driver in town. At launch I have him, he catches me back, but then he shifts and my car pulls ahead, he goes in front and then shifts again... Not that bad, but he told me that his next would be auto double clutch! Lol!
I love when people are not pretencious and like to play a bit. 2 thumbs up for his car, one thumb up for him!

Now that is an awesome story.  I love playing with guys in much more expensive cars and giving them a hard time.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOnUup

Steve, shotyme, and jay, I could enjoy reading about a prius racing a yugo if you wrote it...well done...
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Staying in the same zip code as a 911 TT even in stock form is impressive.  Would be a different story I'm afraid with the new 911 TT S, which is PDK only.  Those things are sub 3 seconds 0-60.   But it costs around $200K, so it better be fast lol.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

steve142857

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 11, 2014, 11:48:15 AM
Staying in the same zip code as a 911 TT even in stock form is impressive.  Would be a different story I'm afraid with the new 911 TT S, which is PDK only.  Those things are sub 3 seconds 0-60.   But it costs around $200K, so it better be fast lol.
I agree. The driver was the difference...
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

panther427

My only real test was against a nice guy in a ws6. He had followed me through a couple stop lights.   Than he pulls up next to me and asks if it's a SHO. I tell him yes.  He responds it seems pretty fast. Do you wanna run.  Now I had my wife and her sister with me .. she is all for this btw.  I ask if he has anything done to it.  Says about lid and Nos but the bottle is empty . I smile and simply reply your gonna loose. He was shocked at my statement.   We take off run tp to 60-70. Didn't wanna get to crazy as I had passengers and would be turning in a mile.  Easily pull the win.  I slow down and he is smiling and shaking his head gives the thumbs up and we go our own ways.

2013 SHO

SHOnUup

As I ventured out to find something for mounting the tablet to run torque on (in mexico of course). I find myself at a large intersection sitting at the light by myself. Start looking in the mirrors to see if anything worthy was pulling up and notice a vette in right turn lane, blinker on and said shucks. To my surprise it jumps out of turn lane and lines up dead even with me. Not wanting to scare away(lol) the vette I leave the line off boost and watch vette jump a car. HAMMER time, instantly real em in and take a length. When I let off at a 100 I was 2 cars up!!! Had know idea who was driving vette until we pull up to traffic and LADY from vette almost rear ends car next to me to yell out that she needs to learn how to drive better.

jayskycj

These stories never get old. As soon as I swap my tune out for a 3bar map version I'm sure I will have more stories to share! You know, I find it difficult to get into races, either they are scared or just think its a boring Taurus and don't seem interested.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

SHOnUup

Feel the same way jay...was next to challenger srt8 today and jumped it a little and guy laughed....would've loved to let him know I'd give him 4 cars and still spank that