• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Sorry to hear about your accident... glad everyone is physically OK... hurts to look at the damage on a rare SHO though!

Hopefully there isn't any damage beyond cosmetics and all will work out well for you!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

Other than the initial shreek - you were both very calm - glad you are okay.  Good reaction time IMO too.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

shoman04

Thanks guys!!!! I'm at work but I think I'll do a thrend on my new dish camera (JUST GOT IT 2wk ago).
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SRT82ECOBOOST

For this race in Mexico it was the best case for me to compare my new ride with my former ride, a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. A buddy of mine sold his Jeep locally and I have seen it around town. It has roughly the same mods I had on mine, cam, long tubes and bolt-ons. So I am weaving through traffic heading out of town and who do I end up seeing, but that nasty looking silver Jeep with a license plate that cleverly spelled Deceptive. I blow by him to see if he will play and he took the bait. I am just hoping at this point that one of the next two lights sets up for us to race and it works out perfectly at the first light. Light goes green and we both launch. Not my best launch as I left just from idle as there was no time to increase idle as the lights changed so quick and I was trying to get Advance-Trac off. We are literally neck and neck with no car gaining or losing an inch until about 80 mph where I start to walk him a little. We shut it down, I give him the thumbs up and returns the gesture and honks when I turn off. Just really impressed the SHO could keep up with a Jeep that easily does 8.0x to 8.1x at our local 1/8 mile track and probably does just about the same on the streets.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Josephm

Tonight, on the way from league bowling (We all suck, its handicapped score) a 350z is next to me, and it is turning from 30 to 100 in mexico, and i show him my VTA bov (Sounds like an elephant sneeze), and he proceeds---I do the 3 honks, and a hesitate and take off, no response, so i slow down next to him and he takes off so i take off, i realed him in by 70 and passed by 80---Was an awesome way to finish the night
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOdded

Knight Rider KnightRider'd by the Knight Rider Transport :D  Gotta love it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOboat88

Here is a video from the other night of the sho vs.  A 2013 mustang gt auto stock with mufflers deleted.
2013 Taurus SHO vs 2013 Mustang GT: http://youtu.be/TEbvUGaXNMs
2013 Ingot silver SHO W/PP
12.58@108
04 Silver Cobra Turbo, auto, solid axle.
1996 Mystic Cobra #454
vortech, meth, t-56, & 4.10s

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Darkside

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on April 26, 2014, 06:13:36 AM
For this race in Mexico it was the best case for me to compare my new ride with my former ride, a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. A buddy of mine sold his Jeep locally and I have seen it around town. It has roughly the same mods I had on mine, cam, long tubes and bolt-ons. So I am weaving through traffic heading out of town and who do I end up seeing, but that nasty looking silver Jeep with a license plate that cleverly spelled Deceptive. I blow by him to see if he will play and he took the bait. I am just hoping at this point that one of the next two lights sets up for us to race and it works out perfectly at the first light. Light goes green and we both launch. Not my best launch as I left just from idle as there was no time to increase idle as the lights changed so quick and I was trying to get Advance-Trac off. We are literally neck and neck with no car gaining or losing an inch until about 80 mph where I start to walk him a little. We shut it down, I give him the thumbs up and returns the gesture and honks when I turn off. Just really impressed the SHO could keep up with a Jeep that easily does 8.0x to 8.1x at our local 1/8 mile track and probably does just about the same on the streets.

I would think a cammed Jeep should win this race, no?  I would expect my Jeep to be .3-.5 seconds faster than my Sho if it had a cam in her.  Regardless it sounds fun, I never see other Jeeps or Sho's to play with.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

Bigfoot

Quote from: SHOboat88 on June 23, 2014, 08:50:19 PM
Here is a video from the other night of the sho vs.  A 2013 mustang gt auto stock with mufflers deleted.
2013 Taurus SHO vs 2013 Mustang GT: http://youtu.be/TEbvUGaXNMs

good kill.  I've been wondering what a dig run would look like.  it figured it wouldn't be pretty LOL

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

shoman04

THIS KILL came from a local club I'm in. This is not the normal kill, because this just killed my side from laughing so hard!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKYpvVWw7I&feature=youtu.be.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

Shonuff1140

When 26 inch rims just aren't big enough.

68_GT

Quote from: shoman04 on June 29, 2014, 05:04:05 AM
THIS KILL came from a local club I'm in. This is not the normal kill, because this just killed my side from laughing so hard!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKYpvVWw7I&feature=youtu.be.

what the !?!?!?!? lol why oh why !??!?!??!?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

IHeartGroceries

That donk is mind boggling.

Monster truck donk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Ever since I put the LMS stickers (small ones that match the paint) on rear side windows, no one will run em...NO ONE...last kill was a new srt8 challenger at the track...weeks ago now...
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.