• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I don't think it maters.  You could take either one, bump up the boost, advance the timing and lean out the fuel mixture.  For some, it's more about drive ability, ease of use and staying back off the edge.   Like I said, there are two camps here.  One willing to take greater risks for more power and one that is not.  There really is no debate or contest here as far as I can see.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on March 28, 2014, 09:50:26 AM
I don't think it maters.  You could take either one, bump up the boost, advance the timing and lean out the fuel mixture.  For some, it's more about drive ability, ease of use and staying back off the edge.   Like I said, there are two camps here.  One willing to take greater risks for more power and one that is not.  There really is no debate or contest here as far as I can see.
Competition is good, having knowledge is good, verifying claims is awesome.
It's not about risks, it's about verifying data that is stated. It's also about verifying safety.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

68_GT

data logging will get you better results and still stay safe that's the point of being willing to monitor every aspet of what the car is doing.

I have a LMS canned tune simply becasue I don't have the time to mess with datalogging and going back and fourth constantly with updating / changing my tunes. I beleive it's safe and now runs perfectly. Plus I only have apple product and dont really want o buy an android device just to data log my car even though I'm sure that means I'm leaving some minimal power on the table by running a LMS canned tune.

apples to oranges

that being said I would like to see a comparrison of LMS vs Unleased canned tunes, and I almost pulled that trigger a few weeks ago until I finally got my LMS tune updated to run perfectly and stronger on the highway / upper rpms with my V73bar tune update.

al that being said to do it over again I personally would probably try to figure out a way / time to datalog but now I don't want to bother with the added expense and time commitment to do it for the minimal gains. I don't want to start over for maybe a .15 extra ET, 2or3 extra MPG, or cleaner exhaust tips.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

68_GT

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 10:02:42 AM
It's not about risks, it's about verifying data that is stated. It's also about verifying safety.

maybe you can post the full benefits of data logging vs running a canned tune. I know the benefts are there I just don't have the time do bother with it.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

DJE624

I ran both canned tunes last summer.  I feel more comfortable with Livernois. 

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on March 28, 2014, 10:09:10 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 10:02:42 AM

maybe you can post the full benefits of data logging vs running a canned tune. I know the benefts are there I just don't have the time do bother with it.
The key is to verify knock counts on ANY tune, if you aren't data logging on a twin turbo high compression motor after tuning it then it's a mistake. You could be having low level knock all the time, over long periods of time it will impact your motor longevity.
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/info/info1.htm
Why am I adamant that you datalog? Here in AZ if you just run X tuner's tune (pretty much anyone) that hasn't bee modified for AZ fueling/heat and lack of octane you'll be pinging pretty much all the time. Lots of damaged motors here due to midwest/east coast tuners assuming they know what are fuel is like and then finding out it way worse than they ever thought.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on March 28, 2014, 10:39:37 AM
Dave I'm happy for you, we all know you LOVE Livernois but again it's important to data log and verify your tunes!
BTW, I'm not anti-livernois I'm PRO data logging any tune. If you don't want more out of it, fine but check it for safety!
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Needmoreboost

Pick your poison.  Bottom line, a car will run differently on the dyno versus on road.  Most of the drag racers I see at the track are logging live data.  Not basing tunes off dyno numbers.  Lol.  I have seen it personally on multiple platforms.  Like who you like and have fun.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

black99lightning

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 09:39:49 AM
I am looking forward to testing LMS claims that the MyCal can make more power than the SCT device, we'll see soon enough. :)

I don't see how the device could make more power.  The power will be in the person tuning.  No different than two guys with a timing light and a set of jets.  It's the experience and the knowledge of the person using the device which will make the power.

I have LMS tunes in both EB vehicles.  I will be purchasing a 3bar and a tune from Torrie for the SHO as I'm hearing and reading LMS will not support a tune upgrade with 3bar with the SCT device.  If Torrie had been tuning the Explorer Sports 4 months ago I would've bought the tune/tuner from him.  IMHO the mycal is a very cheap device compared to the SCT 3 and most definitely compared to the 4.  Has a tiny screen, no backlighting, can't datalog....it's just a device to load/remove a tune, nothing more.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

MeanKS

How intensive a process is data logging?

i thought it was relatively simple and quick...
MKS-EB...

Needmoreboost

Quote from: DRII on March 28, 2014, 11:08:56 AM

If you have a laptop real simple.  Yes it is easy once you do it one time.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

68_GT

you tried the Unleashed cannec tune and switched to LMS canned tune ? details ?

68_GT

Quote from: Needmoreboost on March 28, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

you run the laptop inside the car ?

maybe we need a laymans terms datalogging thread in the tuning forum !? I might be up for doing it I've just shunned it away because I lhave all apple products that don't seem to support the needed software to datalog. I never considered unoticeable knock occuring that I can't hear honestly I assumed that LMS canned tune was a tad more tame than the Unleased canned tune so I would't have to worry about it. I live in south TX where it gets pretty hot so it might be worth monitoring if I knew how. I've always just had my hot rods dyno tuned locally and been perfectly happy with those resutls with numerous supercharged vehicles and even supercharged vehicles running a 100 shot on top of that.

DJE624

Quote from: 68_GT on March 28, 2014, 11:33:07 AM
you tried the Unleashed cannec tune and switched to LMS canned tune ? details ?

I just don't want to have to log.  That is my fault.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on March 28, 2014, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on March 28, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

you run the laptop inside the car ?

maybe we need a laymans terms datalogging thread in the tuning forum !? I might be up for doing it I've just shunned it away because I lhave all apple products that don't seem to support the needed software to datalog. I never considered unoticeable knock occuring that I can't hear honestly I assumed that LMS canned tune was a tad more tame than the Unleased canned tune so I would't have to worry about it. I live in south TX where it gets pretty hot so it might be worth monitoring if I knew how. I've always just had my hot rods dyno tuned locally and been perfectly happy with those resutls with numerous supercharged vehicles and even supercharged vehicles running a 100 shot on top of that.

There's a how to for data logging, yes it requires a windows based device.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=788
www.ecopowerparts.com -