• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: steve142857 on March 27, 2014, 09:32:30 AM
I didn't know that they still made the stage 4, I thought stage 4+ was an improvement of stage 4, so I don't know why one would choose stage 4... I had asked to modify stage 4 to add a bit of torque management, but to increase boost as well and stage 4+ felt much better for the car.
3POINTS... If you don't have the 4+tune now I don't think it's available from LMS... They are at v8 of the new tune series.  Of, course you can always get the mods to your tune Steve is speaking of just by asking.

...and Tom... yes, the meth is blue!  LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 27, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

The stage 4 is with the SCTX3 and the 4+ is the mycal. I have the X3 so the support isnt as good. Thats why most just get the mycal.
You could just get a custom tune from Torrie since you have an SCT, do data logs and get a custom tune specifically for your vehicle based off of log feedback, IMHO much better overall way to go, no matter what anybody says about tables and sensors. :)

I STRONGLY believe that a tune that is made for your vehicle based off of log feedback from your vehicle is the BEST way to go. Torrie is the only guy tuning transverse vehicle that I know of right now so he's the guy. I know it worked well for my 600HP vehicle and it was on E85!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Night Hawk

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 27, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
Quote from: steve142857 on March 27, 2014, 09:32:30 AM

I have the stage 4 LMS tune and I can do 0-100 in about 12 seconds. The stage 4+ is comming in the near future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yPWn-sv1M

I didn't know that they still made the stage 4, I thought stage 4+ was an improvement of stage 4, so I don't know

why one would choose stage 4... I had asked to modify stage 4 to add a bit of torque management, but to increase boost as well and stage 4+ felt much better for the car.

[/quote]

The stage 4 is with the SCTX3 and the 4+ is the mycal. I have the X3 so the support isnt as good. Thats why most

just get the my cal.

I just did the same exact thing.  I went from the old 4+ (now considered the 4 using the sct x3) to the my cal with the updated 4+ within a month or two ago.  I am very happy with the upgraded LMS tune.

[/quote]
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

DJE624

I ran the Stage 4+ for over six months before I got it tweaked.  It is a safe and powerful tune.  The Stage 4+ was designed on a load bearing dynojet (along with real world street testing).   Quote from Livernois' website: "This allows for accurate tuning with integrated air/fuel and boost monitoring under real-world loading conditions. This means a safe tune with plenty of power."  The tweaks I am now running were based on my dyno pulls when I went out there last summer.  Sure, I had to go there for the tweaks but it was not necessary.  The Stage 4+ is an awesome tune in and of itself.  I also am not interested in doing logs on equipment that may or may not be accurate.  Nor do I have any plans for using E85.  So, I would recommend The MyCal Stage 4+ tune to anybody in a situation similar to mine.

3POINT5

The reason I have the 4 no the 4+ is I already had the x3 that I used with my fusion Sport. I didn't have the extra cash to get the other tuner with the 4+. Livernois will still tune it with the SCTx3and the tune works just fine. It just doesn't have the tuning capabilities the mycal. I live 20 minutes from LMS so I drove there and had them load me some tunes and called it a day. I will be getting the other tuner when I can sell my X3.
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

DJE624

I originally had the SCT with Stage 4.  Very soon after bought the MyCal.  It's kind of funny because the reason I did go to LMS was that I complained about seeing any real gains.  They said "Come on out if you want and we'll show you".  They did.

BiGMaC

Well I'm envious of both you guys...   :thumb:  Maybe someday.. ???

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

I don't really agree with LMS statements it has more tuning ability than the SCT, that's a statement but there's not proof to that.
I'm hoping to dyno head to head soon, I'm sure Torrie will be excited for us to compare the SCT X3 tune vs the LMS tuner, I will always believe until proven side by side that a data logged tune is better than a canned tune for a car that's not yours.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

mjhpadi

You guys are way more familiar with the tuners then I am, but I can tell you that I've been running an early Stage 4+ tune from Livernois since July of 2011 without any problems and the performance is fine. I know I checked a few months ago, and LMS told me that there was no update to the tune I have, but I am completely satisfied with this canned tune, and I would be really, really surprised if there would be much "seat of the pants" feel with the MyCal vs the SCT tuner that I have (although without looking-I'm not sure which model tuner I own).
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Brucelinc

Quote from: mjhpadi on March 28, 2014, 01:20:15 AM
You guys are way more familiar with the tuners then I am, but I can tell you that I've been running an early Stage 4+ tune from Livernois since July of 2011 without any problems and the performance is fine. I know I checked a few months ago, and LMS told me that there was no update to the tune I have, but I am completely satisfied with this canned tune, and I would be really, really surprised if there would be much "seat of the pants" feel with the MyCal vs the SCT tuner that I have (although without looking-I'm not sure which model tuner I own).

Mark, I think you and I have the same tune and, like you, I am very pleased with it.  I have communicated with LMS 2 or 3 different times about the possibility of going to the MyCal and really haven't gotten consistent answers on the benefit of doing so - unless I plan to run meth or go to a custom tune requiring a trip to the dyno.  I will not be doing either of those things.  Even if going to the MyCal 4+ would shave a smidgen off my ET, the benefit wouldn't be worth the cost to me.

Night Hawk

From what I understand, the Mycal is able to access more parameters than the x3 thus a more fine tune.  The boost maintains longer into the rpm band than the previous 4+(now 4).  With multiple mods including Airaid, exhaust, 170* thermo and soon to be downpipes, it was a no brainer for me.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

DJE624

I believe that when it comes to tunes the question of better is relative.  Better could mean a little faster or better could mean safer.  Throw in ease of use and "plug and play" and you have another choice of preference.  There are plenty of guys on each side of this fence.  I am not interested in jumping that fence and I would suspect that most guys on one side or the other are not either.  I have already voided my power train warranty with my tune at 800 miles.  I have 8000 miles now.   I would rather stay a little back from the edge.   

steve142857

Quote from: Night Hawk on March 28, 2014, 08:39:32 AM
From what I understand, the Mycal is able to access more parameters than the x3 thus a more fine tune.  The boost maintains longer into the rpm band than the previous 4+(now 4).  With multiple mods including Airaid, exhaust, 170* thermo and soon to be downpipes, it was a no brainer for me.
The Mycal for 2010-2012 is very nice with color screen etc. The one for 2013+ sucks... It looks like Atari2600 would have done a better job lol
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

DJE624

I like the no touch mycal fine.  (I had the identical looking Hypertech unit for my Fusion.)   Every time I turned on the X3 I thought the circus was coming to town.  I hope they fixed that with the X4.  BTW, the X4 looks much better than the X3 and I like the smaller size. 

EcoPowerParts

I am looking forward to testing LMS claims that the MyCal can make more power than the SCT device, we'll see soon enough. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -