• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 26, 2014, 07:52:31 PM
I have a friend that wants me to race his buddies BMW 335i. I guess it has a tune and intake. He has ridden in my car a few times and with the LMS tune and intake he said it would walk on the BMW. Stay tuned for the outcome. We are trying to set up a time to go out and give it a go. I did see a guy today with I think a 2011 or 2012 SHO. It was nice, lowered tinted with a intake and exhaust. He couldnt remember what the name of the place was that tuned it (kinda wierd) but ok. It was a nice car. I told him he should join up here.

I ate them without a tune regularly.... hehe ..... You're gonna embarrass the poor guy!  He'll be having nightmares about the attack of the killer Taurus!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

A brand new GTR rolled up behind me today... Lol
I tried to mess with him but he wouldn't have it.. Then my buddy at the dealership sent me a pic of it and I realized they just got it off the truck and it was the tech driving it from behind dealership to lot...
Lol
Car is insane..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

black99lightning

cough, Mexico, cough ran a 370z vert from 80-120.  Put 2+ cars on him.  Slowed down to go again and he just kept going.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

3POINT5

Ok I need to get some feedback on something. I live in livonia MI where I see a LOT of M plated and camo cars from all makes and models. I also have ROUSH, Livernois, MRT, Lingenfelter, CDC, and many more places Im missing. I also live in a area where people are MOD crazy. I mean during the summer its not hard to find someone to play with (I cant wait to hurt some feelings BTW). When I had my fusion I always got messed with. Now with the SHO I dont get a second look. It seems even though our cars have been out for 4 production years a LOT of people dont know a damn thing about the SHO-MKS, or even Flex or X sport. I see a lot of SHO's everywhere and yet we still get no respect. I do kinda like that part of it though. I love the looks when they get beat. Is the 3.5 E/B still that far under the radar?
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

BiGMaC

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 26, 2014, 08:58:46 PM
Ok I need to get some feedback on something. I live in livonia MI where I see a LOT of M plated and camo cars from all makes and models. I also have ROUSH, Livernois, MRT, Lingenfelter, CDC, and many more places Im missing. I also live in a area where people are MOD crazy. I mean during the summer its not hard to find someone to play with (I cant wait to hurt some feelings BTW). When I had my fusion I always got messed with. Now with the SHO I dont get a second look. It seems even though our cars have been out for 4 production years a LOT of people dont know a damn thing about the SHO-MKS, or even Flex or X sport. I see a lot of SHO's everywhere and yet we still get no respect. I do kinda like that part of it though. I love the looks when they get beat. Is the 3.5 E/B still that far under the radar?

No, but the SHO is! ...Thanks largely to Ford   ...I am also pretty sure that mod crazy folks like you describe have a completely different image of the Taurus than the one you can SHO them!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

3POINT5

I have a friend with a STI that says he doesnt want to run me and another friend with a STI that thinks we would be a good run. What I really want is for our local track to open so I can see what I can do in the 1/4 mile.
2012 Loaded SHO with 5% tint, LMS Stage 4 tune, Custom intake with VTA BOV's. Far from done... More to come very soon...

steve142857

Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 26, 2014, 09:30:43 PM
I have a friend with a STI that says he doesnt want to run me and another friend with a STI that thinks we would be a good run. What I really want is for our local track to open so I can see what I can do in the 1/4 mile.
Looking at your mods, if you are willing, I would really consider lowering the car with H&R springs. That will cut you 0.2 sec. in the 1/4 mile with a better launch and better aerodynamic. I don't know what year is his STI, but the old ones run about 14 sec. and the recent ones low 13's. So, with a tune only (intake doesn't add power), you could and should win. Also, he is manual and you are auto, so you can't miss. Hopefully your tires are not all seasons and they still have a good thread... Good tires are good for another 0.2 sec.
A stock 2012 SHO non-PP on all-seasons would run about 13.6-14.1 sec and one with a tune, springs and good tires 12.8-13.3.

I have never seen an STI stock running the 1/4 mile under 13 sec.

Good luck and keep us posted!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

3POINT5

Quote from: steve142857 on March 26, 2014, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: 3POINT5 on March 26, 2014, 09:30:43 PM
Looking at your mods, if you are willing, I would really consider lowering the car with H&R springs. That will cut you 0.2 sec. in the 1/4 mile with a better launch and better aerodynamic. I don't know what year is his STI, but the old ones run about 14 sec. and the recent ones low 13's. So, with a tune only (intake doesn't add power), you could and should win. Also, he is manual and you are auto, so you can't miss. Hopefully your tires are not all seasons and they still have a good thread... Good tires are good for another 0.2 sec.
A stock 2012 SHO non-PP on all-seasons would run about 13.6-14.1 sec and one with a tune, springs and good tires 12.8-13.3.

I have never seen an STI stock running the 1/4 mile under 13 sec.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have the stage 4 LMS tune and I can do 0-100 in about 12 seconds. The stage 4+ is comming in the near future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yPWn-sv1M

3POINT5

And yes H&R springs will be going on soon as well.

dmharvey79

I belittled a Dodge Charger SRT8 on my way to work this evening...Destroyed him on a 0-60mph pull from a light, couldn't even see him as I came out of a circle entrance ramp, and nosed him out on a 60-90mph pull a little further down the road. The driver looked confused and frustrated all three times.

DJE624

Atta boy Harvey.  I love hearing about mopar kills!

steve142857

[/quote]

I have the stage 4 LMS tune and I can do 0-100 in about 12 seconds. The stage 4+ is comming in the near future...

[/quote]

I didn't know that they still made the stage 4, I thought stage 4+ was an improvement of stage 4, so I don't know why one would choose stage 4... I had asked to modify stage 4 to add a bit of torque management, but to increase boost as well and stage 4+ felt much better for the car.
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

steve142857

Quote from: dmharvey79 on March 27, 2014, 03:14:08 AM
I belittled a Dodge Charger SRT8 on my way to work this evening...Destroyed him on a 0-60mph pull from a light, couldn't even see him as I came out of a circle entrance ramp, and nosed him out on a 60-90mph pull a little further down the road. The driver looked confused and frustrated all three times.
If you are stock, the driver of the SRT8 must have missed a shift, because from 60-90mph, the SRT8 is much faster than a stock SHO. From 0-60mph however, AWD is a no brainer, unless at the track with glue for him...
The trap speed of an SRT8 is around 114mph and your car is 103mph, that is a big difference.
Just don't bet against one on a roll based on that experience : )

roushed

Quote from: glock-coma on March 20, 2014, 02:28:59 PM
"why you driving so fast?" I replied "why you driving so slow?"

Classic!!!! Best response ever!!
I like that I'm going to have to use that one

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3POINT5

Quote from: steve142857 on March 27, 2014, 09:32:30 AM

[/quote]

I didn't know that they still made the stage 4, I thought stage 4+ was an improvement of stage 4, so I don't know why one would choose stage 4... I had asked to modify stage 4 to add a bit of torque management, but to increase boost as well and stage 4+ felt much better for the car.
[/quote]

The stage 4 is with the SCTX3 and the 4+ is the mycal. I have the X3 so the support isnt as good. Thats why most just get the mycal.