• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twnscrw13

I was driving (in Mexico) and there was a brand new (dlr tags still on it) Mercedes E500 with this little old couple in it in the passing lane, not passing but keeping pace with the car next to him(huge pet peeve of mine).  Well there was also a car in the middle and the right lane. I go back and forth from the passing to the middle lane for a mile or two until the right lane opens.  So I said screw this and passed on the right.   Well as I do, I notice the Merc that was doing 60 is not pacing me at 80 and then tries to take off.  I put the pedal down and look over as I do to see his wife giving him HELL.  After a few more seconds he's 5 or 6 car lengths behind me and finally gives up, deciding it was a lost cause.
Now.. was she giving him hell for acting like a jackass or was she giving him hell for losing to a car that cost $30k less than theirs?  ;) 
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

Dxlnt1

Ok I blew thus one. Got caught with my pants down. Never really looked at a Tesla model S before. This one was different some kinda way. So left turn from red light. I purposely turn behind slow moving truck to get better look. SURPRISE! That Tesla took off like a bat outta hell. I jumped his bumper. Traffic now prevented a head to head battle. We both turned into residential area so no real victor here.

I read some of those cars are upwards of 400hp. An electric car? Ok, now I'm hunting for the next one!

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/performance
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

crash712us

I've ridden in one before and they will pin you in your seat. Very quick out of the whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

steve142857

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on February 13, 2014, 07:37:57 AM
Ok I blew thus one. Got caught with my pants down. Never really looked at a Tesla model S before. This one was different some kinda way. So left turn from red light. I purposely turn behind slow moving truck to get better look. SURPRISE! That Tesla took off like a bat outta hell. I jumped his bumper. Traffic now prevented a head to head battle. We both turned into residential area so no real victor here.

I read some of those cars are upwards of 400hp. An electric car? Ok, now I'm hunting for the next one!

You would need some meth to keep up with the S model P85. They do low 12's in the 1/4 mile... But they aren't AWD. Very nice car and electric above all!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

steve142857

WHILE IN MEXICO...
It is funny as we humoristically mention that we were driving in Mexico when we do a street race lol... Just for you to know, I was in México City (for real) during 10 days... I go there every year to visit my in-laws and friends. This is a big city with 20M+ people and 8M cars! Many crap cars, but many nice ones too. I see many Ford's: Explorer are very popular, Escape too, Fusions, Focus, Fiesta... But in the last 4 years, keeping my eyes wide opened, I have only seen one Taurus 2010+. Actually, it was a police car 2013 lol. So, I just found it very funny when reading you guys saying that you were driving in México with a Taurus, when there are actually none to see lol! Just saying!
Cheers!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Dxlnt1

Quote from: steve142857 on February 13, 2014, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on February 13, 2014, 07:37:57 AM

You would need some meth to keep up with the S model P85. They do low 12's in the 1/4 mile... But they aren't AWD. Very nice car and electric above all!

I've seen them but never studied them. He caught me totally off guard. But that link shows 4.6 to 60 mph. That ain't at all!

Quote from: crash712us on February 13, 2014, 08:29:41 AM
I've ridden in one before and they will pin you in your seat. Very quick out of the whole.

That was where he got me as I turned to admire he was getting it in! Lol.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

yowen

I haven't shared my one and only kill yet!
I was at a light on a 50mph road and I could hear this kid next to my in an mid 2000's Shelby Mustang convertible revving his engine like he was going to stomp on it at the light. I figured he had no idea the Taurus next to him was about to keep up! So I bring my car up to about 1200 rpm, just to launch a little bit harder and spanked him from about 0-60. When we got to the next light he asks: "Dang! How much horsepower does that thing have?" I responded with "enough". Haha. I'm thinking he was out out taking daddy's car for a joy ride. He probably came home with a new found respect for Taurii! I hope he told dad all about it. Who knows, maybe I made a sale right then and there!
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

black99lightning

Quote from: twnscrw13 on February 05, 2014, 10:05:50 AM
I was driving (in Mexico) and there was a brand new (dlr tags still on it) Mercedes E500 with this little old couple in it in the passing lane, not passing but keeping pace with the car next to him(huge pet peeve of mine).  Well there was also a car in the middle and the right lane. I go back and forth from the passing to the middle lane for a mile or two until the right lane opens.  So I said screw this and passed on the right.   Well as I do, I notice the Merc that was doing 60 is not pacing me at 80 and then tries to take off.  I put the pedal down and look over as I do to see his wife giving him HELL.  After a few more seconds he's 5 or 6 car lengths behind me and finally gives up, deciding it was a lost cause.
Now.. was she giving him hell for acting like a jackass or was she giving him hell for losing to a car that cost $30k less than theirs?  ;)

That's a good kill.  If it is a new E550, that's a twin turbo v8.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

bigmoneycloser

Haha
Been shitty weather lately and today is the first day the roads have been kinda dry.
Stuck in traffic and two young kids in a older, like 98 mustang with exhaust done are revving engine and jumping forward... The next break I jumped behind to keep up for fun and they noticed..
Next light he pulled next to me and waved me forward..
Sooo
He must not of had much done because I crushed him..
Next light he rolls up with jaw on the ground wanting to know what I did to the truck...
It was fun..

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

TAH-DAH!!  Surprised the coolness right out of them!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

mjhpadi

That is fun...I did the go the same response when I kept pace with the 7 series BMW!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

68_GT

I had a 98 Mustang GT manual trans. I'm not surprised you won at all :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: mjhpadi on February 20, 2014, 09:15:47 PM
That is fun...I did the go the same response when I kept pace with the 7 series BMW!

Oh yea mj!   That's the one I love.... when the $100K ride can't really get by the "poor little Ford"

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

shoman04

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 20, 2014, 09:39:01 PM
Quote from: mjhpadi on February 20, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

Oh yea mj!   That's the one I love.... when the $100K ride can't really get by the "poor little Ford"
OK !! this is not a kill of the day ,BUT a NO METH $40K KILL OF $120K 600HP(PRIDE KILLER)
2011 FORD SHO HOLE SHOT vs R8 Audi 600HP TUNE 12.1sec.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: