• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

While on the streets in Mexico last night...I had some kid in a turbo charged Scion looking to pick a fight on my way home. I was stuck behind him in the same lane and he kept trying to leave my in the dust, but I was stuck on him like he was towing me. Then when I got the chance when the lanes opened, I blew by him on a blast from 80mph to 125mph. He did not stand a chance and was easily walked.
I am very impressed by the pull that these cars have with a tune on the top end. Not many chances to get this kind of action, so I had to jump at the opportunity to school someone in the SHO.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

BiGMaC

As he coughed in your dust he thought, "Ese SHO era rápido"

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

black99lightning

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on January 29, 2014, 08:18:52 AM
While on the streets in Mexico last night...I had some kid in a turbo charged Scion looking to pick a fight on my way home. I was stuck behind him in the same lane and he kept trying to leave my in the dust, but I was stuck on him like he was towing me. Then when I got the chance when the lanes opened, I blew by him on a blast from 80mph to 125mph. He did not stand a chance and was easily walked.
I am very impressed by the pull that these cars have with a tune on the top end. Not many chances to get this kind of action, so I had to jump at the opportunity to school someone in the SHO.

Good kill. 
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

QuickSilver

Picking up my son from school yesterday, I worked thru lunch and Im grumpy, he has homework to do and Im on him about it so he's grumpy... We're about 1/2 home when I see a couple cars behind making D-Bag moves thru traffic cutting off other cars, I figured they were coming from the nearby highschool. Lead car pulls up next to me at the light, its a lowered, modded,Vinyl wrapped Nismo badged  350Z. Guys not a kid, 30's ish so he probably has some coin to throw at his pride and joy. Son and I have been sitting quietly for the drive glaring at eachother occasionally but then I say to him, "think I can holeshot this guy?" First smile of the drive from him. I throw a rev at Nismo guy, he has no trouble hearing it since I did the exhaust QuickSilver is plenty loud. Nismo hears it looks over and gets a confused look like, 'an SUV just reved at me??' Im already in sand mode like usual so I simply pull the selector down to M, brake torque it to about 1400 and wait for the light to change. Holeshot, yes, by at least a couple tenths, my son Jagger is laughing by now, things are looking up. I use the paddle to short shift into 2nd becuse I know bouncing off the limiter kills forward motion drastically and I figure he's probably gonna be coming aroind me after he makes up for sleeping at the light, but Im watching him out the sideview mirror and I seam to be increasing the lead. Hmmm. I hear him slam into his rev limitor 4-5 times BaaaBaaaBaaaBaaa!! Rookie. I stretch out 2nd all the way and just into third I'm still pulling away, prolly 4 lengths by now. Road here is 50mph and pretty open but Jagger and I both laughing our heads off now and we're going fast enough for surface streets so I let out of it and click 4th to quiet the exhaust. Any predict
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

QuickSilver

Damn you Ipad, I hate you!

Any predictions what Nismo guy did next? Yep, ricer flyby with his foot still planted to the  floor. Typical, he didnt even look over. Best part is the car that was following him is BMW full of high school aged kids that pulls up at the next light with me. They're looking hard at QuickSilver and I say to the passenger, "You see that Nismo get OWNED by an SUV?". Kid says, "yeah, that was tite dude!"

Rest of the ride home was pure awesomeness with my son  8)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

BiGMaC

Great story QuickSilver!  Don'tcha just love a sleeper ..........that eats rice.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

2010SHOtime

A couple weeks ago driving down the highway minding my business I see two cars coming up on me pretty quick. One was a v6 challenger and the other a looked like a 2006 charger RT(5.7)L. The challenger pulled of the highway but the charger pulled up so I accelerated just a bit to get his attention and within a few seconds I hear his car roar. I know he had an exhaust but not sure what else and I'm all stock right now. Now I know they're about a low 14s to high 13s but I was really impressed with how quick I started pulling on him! When I got on it, he was half a car ahead of me at around 70mph and I let off around 120ish and I was a good 3-4 car lengths ahead and pulling strong. He tried several times again and same results over and over. He was with his girl so I'm sure he was embarrassed but I couldn't have been happier!!

Lol
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

BiGMaC

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on January 29, 2014, 05:15:49 PM
A couple weeks ago driving down the highway minding my business I see two cars coming up on me pretty quick. One was a v6 challenger and the other a looked like a 2006 charger RT(5.7)L. The challenger pulled of the highway but the charger pulled up so I accelerated just a bit to get his attention and within a few seconds I hear his car roar. I know he had an exhaust but not sure what else and I'm all stock right now. Now I know they're about a low 14s to high 13s but I was really impressed with how quick I started pulling on him! When I got on it, he was half a car ahead of me at around 70mph and I let off around 120ish and I was a good 3-4 car lengths ahead and pulling strong. He tried several times again and same results over and over. He was with his girl so I'm sure he was embarrassed but I couldn't have been happier!!

Lol

BAM........ BAM, BAM, BAM! 4x kil!  LOL!  Can't believe he kept setting himself up for you again and again.... LOL

2010SHOtime

Yeah after about 3 runs he realized it wasn't a fluke and stopped trying. :)
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

Josephm

In mexico the other day, I lined up with a 2011/12 Golf R and it was a very close sprint to 70. It ended up with his front at my driver side mirror and him with a "wtf" face as a minivan just beat his 35k awd 265hp hatch back
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

curry67

It was weird the first 3 days i bought the car i always seem to come up to lights with other sport cars lol. first really bad kill was a 2013 pony mustang the guy couldnt believe it lol. The first time i tried the paddle shifters a 2010+ s4 rolled up to me with exhaust and who knows what else the thing looked pretty sick actually but we both went WOT at the green i didnt even know how to launch at this point but i nailed the shifters first try and beat him by about half a car length but we only went to 90 kph. was super impressed cause that car sets the benchmark for sports sedans in my eyes.

shoman04

TECHICALY  this not a kill of the day, BUT A WET THEIR PAINS OF THE DAY.LOL  I help my 21yr daughter buy a new Fiesta. The young saleman and my daughter are big Mustang fans and where talking bad about MY SHO. Day later after my SHO came out of service I TOOK HIM FOR A TEST DRIVE in my car. I came out the dealer @ 50mph in 3sec. Tune right on to the 2 lane back street(1/2mi long with 8 switch back). Out the dealer I told him to hold on to his socks, Turning on the side street I SHIFTED MANICAL and AUTO-CROSS MOD. I HIT 50-60MPH (in 25mhp zone) for 1/2mi. At the end the SALEMAN WAS HOLDING ON TO THE GRANDY HAND RAIL NEEDING TO WET HIS PAINS!!!!!!!!!LMBA He said HE WAS NOT TEST RIDING WITH ME AGAIN and he had NEW FOUND RESPECT FOR THE SHO!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

FoMoCoSHO

You guys are lucky, it seems no one around here wants to dance with my Big Girl.

Sometimes I swear they are avoiding me, probably don't want to lose to a Taurus in front of their women...