• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

I am stealing this idea from a previous forum I was on, but should gain traction here. Basically I want to people to post up stories from any conquests they have had in racing their Ecoboost against any other brand vehicle. Whether it happened at the drag strip, Auto-X course or the streets of Mexico, post some tales of you surprising an unexpecting and probably cocky, non-Ecoboost owner.
I will start...I was driving on the highway in Mexico and came up on a late model BMW 535i. We started chasing each other for a bit until the highway opened up in front of us. From a speed of about 75 mph we both put the go pedal to the carpet. I was shocked how quickly the SHO reeled him in and continued to walk him until up to about 120mph. Probably had him by 4-5 car lengths and that was after starting from behind. Very impressed by the performance and I am amazed what a tune has done for this car.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

TSS

I think there is already a thread on this....
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

EcoBrick Bob

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SRT82ECOBOOST

2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoBrick Bob

It wasn't what he had in mind!  Actually, that was a 2012 GS Vette Heritage addition.  Had stick, but that was the best run he had all day.  I turned a 13.0. 

Had 2 - 12 second runs earlier including humiliating a Mercedes C 4d AMG 6.5 who turned a 13.5-6 but was asleep at the line.  Track was touchy. Some of us had no issues, including a 2008 LS3 Vette who turned a 10.9 @ 123 immediately after this run in the opposite lane.  I also had a Z06 beaten at the 1/8 but he powered by me for a 4 length win at like 119.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

68_GT

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 05, 2013, 09:52:26 AM
You mean like this?

I SHO'd him with my Brick!

awesome !!!!!!!!  he was reeling you in but you still got him to the 1/4. Did he ever talk to you afterward ? lol

no one ever really wants to play with me I think everyone is unsure of what an SHO is, or what is has in it so they don't play out of fear they will get shown up by this Taurus. I did take out some nice new turbo diesel Porsche SUV that was pretty quick, either he thought he would take me or wanted to see what I had. And the only other vehicle I got to play with me was a gigantic F-350 4x4 Super Dually with giant mudding tires. It was the lateset body style and had a giant tail pipe but not tons of black smoke. That truck was pretty damn fast. We played on the highway I know he thoguht he would take me out, but I could reel him in and pass him but just cruising by even up to 130. Of course he probably had +1,500ftlbs of torque lol  Oh prior to being tuned I hung with a late model 5.0 stang on the highway that had at least exhaust it was real loud.

Everytime I get a decent vehicle to play with it's either raining or I have my wife, kids, passenger not cool with racing in my car....
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

EcoBrick Bob

He wasn't talking much to anyone all day, even though we were 45 min to an hour between runs.  I left immediately after that run and he followed me out, but went the opposite way at the hwy.  Don't think the car was supposed to be there.. it had MFG plates (Florida) on it.  Other Vette owners were commenting on how slow it was and how standoffish the guy was.  Just happened to get lined up against him.  No intent on my part...

This has been posted on this forum before.

dmharvey79

One good thing about the Northern Virginia / Washington DC area...lots of high-end cars to destroy with my SHO. For example, I was one car away from stopping at a light beside a Tesla Model S on my drive to work this morning. Damn that SOB who stopped in front of me! I can't even begin to count the number of drivers I've left with confused looks on their faces after my SHO walked all over their M3s, M5, AMGs, Camaros, etc. Not very many SHOs around here though, to be honest I see more Ferraris and Lamborghinis than I do SHOs.

Darkside

Surprised the crap out of a modded S4.  I really like those cars too, have been considering getting one for my wife.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

dmharvey79

It was between the S4 (manual of course) and the SHO when I bought last year.

TSS

If it's a Tesla Model S P85, be careful.   That hits 60 in about 4.2 seconds.  Lesser Tesla Model S', no problem.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

TuxedoSHO

I confused a modded S4 last weekend.. Took him 3 or 4 passes to accept defeat

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

68_GT

Quote from: TuxedoSHO on December 05, 2013, 08:54:52 PM
I confused a modded S4 last weekend.. Took him 3 or 4 passes to accept defeat

I've been that guy before when you just can't wrap your brain around what just happened to you. My buddy laughing his @$$ off didn't help me any when my supercharged 2000 GT stang got beat by a dune buggy with a moded old school VW bug engine with a 4bbl carb with two dudes wearing flame retardant suits and helmets whipped me from a dig as they rode a wheelie all the way through the intersection from a red light on a 4 lane major road in broad daylight with tons of cars and people around. My stang ran high 12's at that time but I was convinced something was wrong with it that run only lol
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Well, I got my azz handed to me.....TWICE by a Lexus. I didn't catch the model, but I should have since he walked twice me pretty badly from about 70mph.
That never would have happened with my WRX.
I received my MYCAL from LMS but its so darn cold I haven't even gotten the codes to send them
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

DJE624

I would have went right home and got those codes sent out.  Hopefully, you'll see that guy again and take him but good.