• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncole

Quote from: dubcitySHO on December 20, 2017, 08:31:47 PM
Leaving work today, an STS-V flew past me while I was cruising along in the slow lane.  He changed lanes to be directly in front of me at the next traffic light, and left the light aggressively when it changed, just to catch the next one turning red.  I took the fast lane, pulled up beside him, shot him a "Let's Dance" expression, and waited for the green.  Light changes, he rolls into the throttle pretty hard, I let her eat, and he sees nothing but my peeling taillight chrome up til the next light.  He didn't even crack a smile at the next red light.   ;D

AJP has got my tune to perfection.

That is not bad considering it is a tad lighter than us and makes 470hp/440lb-ft.  Gotta love that AWD launch!
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

dubcitySHO

Quote from: ncole on December 21, 2017, 10:55:34 AM
That is not bad considering it is a tad lighter than us and makes 470hp/440lb-ft.  Gotta love that AWD launch!

Nope, I was quite happy with it!  Granted at a track he would have probably reeled me in up top.  Down low though, our little snails make so much beautiful torque.   :icon_horns2:
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ncole on December 21, 2017, 10:55:34 AM
Leaving work today, an STS-V flew past me while I was cruising along in the slow lane.  He changed lanes to be directly in front of me at the next traffic light, and left the light aggressively when it changed, just to catch the next one turning red.  I took the fast lane, pulled up beside him, shot him a "Let's Dance" expression, and waited for the green.  Light changes, he rolls into the throttle pretty hard, I let her eat, and he sees nothing but my peeling taillight chrome up til the next light.  He didn't even crack a smile at the next red light.   ;D

A mature AJP 93 tune is in the neighborhood of 400hp/500lb-ft at the wheels if quality gas is available.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

I sold and STSV (actually traded in) to get my SHO.  Super comfortable and sexy cars, but they cannot hang with a tuned Sho, maybe from a roll, but they just cannot put the power they have down that well.  Plus then AJP. game, set, match..
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Quinid

Not a big deal. My Flex is still stock until I figure out the warranty risk. Came across this jackass in a new Arcadia Denali who pulled out in front of me close enough that I chose to change lanes instead of braking. There was a popular left turn 1/2 mile ahead and he thought he was gonna block anyone from getting in front of him. I plan on going straight, but I know he was trying to stay in front, because he was flooring it if he saw me gain just a little. Now my new government job requires me to not draw attention to myself, so no more reckless speeding or it's my job. I love my job. But I can race to the speed limit all I want haha. We stop at the last light before his turn comes up, I plan to go straight. He thinks I want in the left lane to get on the interstate. He's watching me, brake boosting. I just stare ahead... green, no contest I was already 7 car lengths ahead before we hit 50, 5 over the limit. I let off the gas and cruise. He's still flooring it to catch me  just to have to slam on the brakes to make his left turn from the incorrect lane. Now I know that SUV is only 300HP. Those new Arcadia Denali's look sharp and expensive and he was being a cocky a-hole. So I felt good that a still stock 14 Flex hurt his ego hehe.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

griggs95

Quote from: Quinid on August 01, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Not a big deal. My Flex is still stock until I figure out the warranty risk. Came across this jackass in a new Arcadia Denali who pulled out in front of me close enough that I chose to change lanes instead of braking. There was a popular left turn 1/2 mile ahead and he thought he was gonna block anyone from getting in front of him. I plan on going straight, but I know he was trying to stay in front, because he was flooring it if he saw me gain just a little. Now my new government job requires me to not draw attention to myself, so no more reckless speeding or it's my job. I love my job. But I can race to the speed limit all I want haha. We stop at the last light before his turn comes up, I plan to go straight. He thinks I want in the left lane to get on the interstate. He's watching me, brake boosting. I just stare ahead... green, no contest I was already 7 car lengths ahead before we hit 50, 5 over the limit. I let off the gas and cruise. He's still flooring it to catch me  just to have to slam on the brakes to make his left turn from the incorrect lane. Now I know that SUV is only 300HP. Those new Arcadia Denali's look sharp and expensive and he was being a cocky a-hole. So I felt good that a still stock 14 Flex hurt his ego hehe.

There's nothing like knowing the 1% rain forecast on parade day will come true.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

FoMoCoSHO

Quinid, there isn't much of a warranty risk running tune only. Keep 2 bar and tuner in car. If anything happens put on the two bar and reflash to stock. If they ask about a p1000 code tell them you pulled the batt cable to see if it cleared the condition.

Quinid

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 02, 2018, 10:33:09 PM
Quinid, there isn't much of a warranty risk running tune only. Keep 2 bar and tuner in car. If anything happens put on the two bar and reflash to stock. If they ask about a p1000 code tell them you pulled the batt cable to see if it cleared the condition.
I did that with the 2010 SHO and they never caught on. But isn't the 13+ ecu's different or easier to track past tunes?
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

Scott4957

I got to do some highway pulls against a 6.4L 300C SRT8 in the 2.7TT Fusion last night. We were not able to get side by side unfortunately, he was in front and got the hit, though it had an aftermarket exhaust that let me know when to go. We did this about 4 times and each time he held the gap for about 2 seconds and then I ran up on his butt like he was standing still. I'm happy with that, the 6.4 in the 300 is a 12.7-12.6 car and I would have expected it to pull up top and instead I was the one reeling in up top. Now I just need to get lined up with one of these 6.4's and try one from a dig.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

avidmotion

While in  naples florida in my 2013 tuned SHO I "raced" a porsche awd turbo 911 that had aftermarket stickers ....the guy with hot blonde waved me on to hit it first, I thought ok, I drop down to first at around 25 and  I'll punch it and it be 60 before he could get around me. I punched it I, looked in mirror, he did not even go yet, I was bang 2nd gear.... 5 going on 6 cars lengths, I heard this loud noise and in that milisecond he was 10 cars in front and moving like the spaceshuttle. I was what the f**k. That wasnt possible. What just happened. No one could drive that fast, a person could not think that fast and control the car...what about traction no f**king way. Then he is sitting at the light I time it perfectly, balls all in, floored I went by him at 60, grinning to myself, I got you now ...I hear that noise like a rush of air and bam he goes  blowing by again. I look in mirror like what the f*ck, I see 2 black rubber streaks freaking 200 yards long! I never saw him again just a dot on the horizon. I hit 140....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

802SHO

Quote from: avidmotion on January 23, 2019, 10:12:26 AM
While in  naples florida in my 2013 tuned SHO I "raced" a porsche awd turbo 911 that had aftermarket stickers ....the guy with hot blonde waved me on to hit it first, I thought ok, I drop down to first at around 25 and  I'll punch it and it be 60 before he could get around me. I punched it I, looked in mirror, he did not even go yet, I was bang 2nd gear.... 5 going on 6 cars lengths, I heard this loud noise and in that milisecond he was 10 cars in front and moving like the spaceshuttle. I was what the f**k. That wasnt possible. What just happened. No one could drive that fast, a person could not think that fast and control the car...what about traction no f**king way. Then he is sitting at the light I time it perfectly, balls all in, floored I went by him at 60, grinning to myself, I got you now ...I hear that noise like a rush of air and bam he goes  blowing by again. I look in mirror like what the f*ck, I see 2 black rubber streaks freaking 200 yards long! I never saw him again just a dot on the horizon. I hit 140....

We can't win them all I suppose.  And usually anything like this would be like...a bad experience...instead youre more interested in knowing more about that Porsche.  Its like a Universal standard that mind blowing performance = respect.  And in this case, admiration.  Cool experience! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

For once, a thoroughbreed in capable hands LOL.  No shame in taking a loss there.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

76fomoco

at the track last night grudge races. Kill: c06 newer 15 ish, 16 camaro, x5 bmw, and I was taken down by a 10 camaro with no interior, tune, headers, cam, and drag radials, he got me me 2 tenths. in the low 12.s
It is fun finding vets.... so easy pray on grudge night and on the street even easier!
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

shoNoff

Nice kills. I love going up on street nights and taking out cars I have no business taking out.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile